[Addon v1.43] Solar Helmet - now with SMP! [v2.5]

• Someone in the armor ideas thread suggested "Static Boots" that charge up your Batpack as you walk. Sounds like it would be similar to this mod and equally useful - especially for those of us cave dwellers who seldom see the sun!

Think you can do it, RichardG?

I like this idea... Piezoelectric boots that generate like 1EU per step, but make you use food at a slightly higher rate (maybe +10-15%).

Not part of the quantum suit, though... I think by that point your tools should just use the q-armor's energy storage as a batpack, which is plenty of energy to not have to worry too much about it.

• This is hilarious! Great job with all of that radiation on top of your head! (are the testers of these okay?) Could you make the normal solar helmet look different from the iron helmet?

• Official Post

2nd image has the upgrade don in the center... may wana fix that buddy

• You should make an upgraded version that emits light when underground, like a headlamp

• Spriter needed: Find a creative way to put 8 or 9 solar panels in a single helmet top. Look at the armor folder on the mod's zip file.

I think a cool idea would be to put solar panels on the sides and back. Also once your SMP problem is resolved THAT MOD IS ON OUR SERVER!!!!
    EDIT: ...I had an idea.
    Pants that slowly accumulate dust as you mine, and the dust combines to combine scrap. Not very much scrap, but enough that you get 2 or 3 at the end of a mining trip.
    Who likes this idea? BTW I know the 'dust idea' is already mentioned in the Advanced Machine discussion, but who cares? It's a good idea!

• In redgards to the power usage, arn't we getting lappacks in 1.33? also I also strongly believe that something should be done so that this mod is not compatable with the technic pack as I hate everything that it stands for.

all in all looks like a cool addon :D

• Hey hey

Using your Fantastic helmet with the 1.337 update. It still works with the electric jetpack and normal batpack. I don't think it is charging my now Lappack. (using the advanced solar helmet btw)

Thanks for making an awesome addon mod :thumbup:

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• I'm noticing the same thing with the standard solar helmet from 2.0a (hadn't upgraded yet because I didn't need a 9EU helmet... until now!)
    The basic solar helmet is not recharging the lappack either, from what I can see.

• It should work with v1.337 except it won't charge lappacks (see below). The reason why all addons broke from v1.15 to v1.23 was because someone renamed IWrenchable.

Alblaka, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE document your GiveEnergyTo function on the rechargeable interface. If you do, it'll make my life easier, plus I'll be able to recharge lappacks. I have tried guessing except it doesn't do anything.

EDIT: If popular demand from Advanced Solar Panel users kicks in, I can make an exclusive version of the solar helmet crafted using advanced solar panels - the recipe will only work if you have the addon installed, but you can still TMI it in. Name needed though.

EDIT2: Once I come back home later I'll try asking Flan or someone else for help on the SMP issue I came across.

• Awesome - solar helmet, batpack, rubber boots... now all I need are some kind of uitlity leggings and I'll be set until I can build a QSuit. Thanks!

• v2.5 and Bukkit.

- Bukkit port - there may be bugs, why in the world would canBlockSeeTheSky be isChunkLoaded?
    - Fixed lappacks not being recognized by rightclick
    - Solar helmets now respect the fact deserts have no rain

• Sorry but could you please explain to me what is illegal about technic pack? The pack only makes it easier to install all those mods without a bunch of troubleshooting, the guy gives credit to all the mod owners of the mods in the pack. The pack does not edit any class files in any of the mods. Notice the IC2 creators could have easily done what you did yet they chose not to.

So please explain to me why exactly it is illegal; Do not use shallow arguments, explain in great detail exactly why, backing up all of your arguments.

• Sorry but could you please explain to me what is illegal about technic pack? The pack only makes it easier to install all those mods without a bunch of troubleshooting, the guy gives credit to all the mod owners of the mods in the pack. The pack does not edit any class files in any of the mods. Notice the IC2 creators could have easily done what you did yet they chose not to.

So please explain to me why exactly it is illegal; Do not use shallow arguments, explain in great detail exactly why, backing up all of your arguments.

AFAIK, at the Technic's inception, they didn't ask for the modder's permission (or the modder in question refused, and they still did anyways) to include the mod in question in the pack, while yes, they do credit the creators, they did make the wrong move about essentially "stealing" the mod.

Unfortunately, I can't easily back this up as I am working off of what I have heard about this whole thing from other users on the forums.

• So please explain to me why exactly it is illegal; Do not use shallow arguments, explain in great detail exactly why, backing up all of your arguments.

When someone uses your work without your permission (and in some cases, against your express refusal), giving credit alone does not suffice. You will notice that they do not have a thread on the Minecraft Forum, because they'd be banned outright for misappropriating other people's intellectual property.

One of the things they are doing is stealing traffic from the sites of the mod developers. If you've ever taken a look at their site, they openly ridicule many of the developers whose work they include. Does that sound like something that's done for the good of anyone but themselves? The only people who need Technic are people who are too stupid to get the mods to work together on their own - annd those selfsame idiots are eating out of the palms of their hands. They'll believe the propaganda the Technic guys tell them, because if they can't understand how to install a mod, they sure aren't going to grasp the finer points of a copyright or IP laws.

Eloraam, for example, explicitly prohibits distribution of her mod by any other source - it's right in her license. Is that a clear enough example for you?