Horrendously Ugly Industrial Park Base

• This is my horrendously ugly industrial park base. What do you think of it?

Here's the view from atop my evil office building. The ominous pit in the background is my nuclear reactor, surrounded by reinforced stone:

My work area, seen from atop the evil office building of doom:

That giant line of HV cable coming out of the ground leads up to a 16-generator wind farm:

Evil Mining Corporation office building, from the front:

This can be seen over to the left in the first screenshot. It's my storage bunker. I also go there in the case of an Allied attack:

My machine setup, with my main-use storage in the background:

A view from back by the nuclear reactor:

I've pretty much done everything I could imagine doing with IC2 in this map.. I've played it for way too long, haha. It's probably time to go start a new world and experience the challenge of scarcity again. Thoughts?

• Looks better constructed than many semi-lame area. Still, i'd say wait on a new world, the release version is almost out so your looking at around 2-4 weeks until you have to restart anyway.

i've got a project idea though: make all power transmission losless with glass fibre cable and "repeaters" (a MFE or MFSU depending on how much power) along the way :)

• Thanks for the input. So, what exactly do you mean? A new version of IndustrialCraft is going to be released shortly? When, and how'd you find out?

• i believe he was talking about the real minecraft release that takes place tomarrow at minecon also alblaka said that the next release of IC2 would be for 1.8 so im guessing it will be soonish

• i believe he was talking about the real minecraft release that takes place tomarrow at minecon also alblaka said that the next release of IC2 would be for 1.8 so im guessing it will be soonish

My guess (according to the impression I got from Al's blog post): probably within the next rough week or three.

Al, if you're reading this, I'm just guessing. Can't wait for the next release.

*ding* *ding* *ding* we have a winner
    for "1.9"/1.0 you'll have to restart again as any 1.8.1 worlds won't work right. (they'll work but you won't get the new features)
    so better to just wait for the new version, forge to be updated and the next IC2 version before restarting.

• *ding* *ding* *ding* we have a winner
    for "1.9"/1.0 you'll have to restart again as any 1.8.1 worlds won't work right. (they'll work but you won't get the new features)
    so better to just wait for the new version, forge to be updated and the next IC2 version before restarting.

Hopefully it will be faster than the 1.7->1.8 update... Since the pre-releases have been out, I think some of the prerequisites are more or less done already. I know Eloraam said that she was able to get RP2 to compile for 1.9 very easily. Hopefully the same will be true of IC/BC, etc. :)

Eloraam: I managed to get RedPower running in 1.9pre5 last week, and it didn’t
    take all that long. I’m expecting that the 1.0 version should go pretty
    smoothly.

• I already know that ModLoader has been proven to work on the prereleases. So, I think it won't be long for MLMP & Forge.

• Thanks for the info.

So, now that we're all talking about mods.......... What do you guys think of my horrendously ugly industrial park?? :D

• I think you need to build a call center inside your office building, to make it TRULY eeeeevil...

Rows upon rows of dimly-lit cubicles, with uncomfortable seating and inefficient desk usage.

• Oh man, totally. It won't be an Evil Mining Corporation without the trappings of bureaucracy.. I should probably download the 1.9 pre-release so I can start building an army of snow golem thugs to deal with the anti-fracking and anti-coal seam gas mining activists! (sarcasm implied... Hopefully in real life, things will get better for all the people in the US, Australia and elsewhere who now have flammable ground water due to this stuff!)

• Rereading this, I just remembered I need to get to work on my "Industrial HQ." The plans have been sitting on my desk for some time.

• Oh man, totally. It won't be an Evil Mining Corporation without the trappings of bureaucracy.. I should probably download the 1.9 pre-release so I can start building an army of snow golem thugs to deal with the anti-fracking and anti-coal seam gas mining activists! (sarcasm implied... Hopefully in real life, things will get better for all the people in the US, Australia and elsewhere who now have flammable ground water due to this stuff!)

If they have "flammable ground water", it's because their water well is drilled poorly. A water well is only a few hundred feet deep - natural gas is extracted from pockets over a mile down. If gas is found in the drinking water, it's coming from surface pockets, not from gas that is presumably forced through thousands of feet of rock which is actually far less porous than the targeted shale. Generally it means that the water well shaft is either improperly sealed and/or was dug right through a gas pocket near the surface.

There's a lot of misinformation going around about this issue, to the point that activists have even made a propaganda movie about it. The facts are simpler and very logical when you stop to consider them. Sadly, the same people who cry to end our dependence on foreign oil are the ones freaking out about fracking. They write about it on their blogs from computers that use electricity from coal-burning or nuclear generation plants, and then charge up their Prius or Volt with that same electricity. There's so much irony in that, you could build a steam engine with it. 8)

But I totally digress. Nah, if you want "EEEEEEEEvil!", make the whole building an HR office. Back when I entered the workforce, it was called "Personnel", but it's harder to exploit someone when you have to verbally acknowledge that they are, in fact, a person. When they are a "resource", HR can look at you the same way you or I consider that stack of coal in our workbench chest.

• But I totally digress. Nah, if you want "EEEEEEEEvil!", make the whole building an HR office. Back when I entered the workforce, it was called "Personnel", but it's harder to exploit someone when you have to verbally acknowledge that they are, in fact, a person. When they are a "resource", HR can look at you the same way you or I consider that stack of coal in our workbench chest.

Ok, now I *definitely* have to put Catbert's office in my Evil Lair... In this case it's "MR" (minion resources), though...

(if you like building evil lairs, check out the game Evil Genius... it's a few years old, but it's great!)

• (if you like building evil lairs, check out the game Evil Genius... it's a few years old, but it's great!)

Never did finish that game... gave it a go twice and I lost interest both times. (a rarity for me, usually i'll stick out a game until i've beaten it)

• Ok, now I *definitely* have to put Catbert's office in my Evil Lair... In this case it's "MR" (minion resources), though...

(if you like building evil lairs, check out the game Evil Genius... it's a few years old, but it's great!)

Heard of it but never played it... still, it makes me think of the sorts of places I'd like to build a Mad Scientist Laboratory.... like, underwater! Or in a volcano!
    The latter would be coolest and very hard to build, as I'd have to actually find or make a suitable mountain, dig a crater, and fill it with lava - I've yet to see anything that looks like a volcano in MC worlds.

Or perhaps I'll find a high peak and build an observatory... gotta dig up that plan for voxelspheres so I can make the dome. Oooo... that sounds like fun! MUUUUAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

• This.... is truly evil. Can you give us that evil level please? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!