power transmission not working

• I have an MFSU, with a large amount of power in it. Connected to this is a HV cable which then splits into 2. One of these leads into an electrical engine (power crystal's mod), and takes 72 EU/t. The other leads to my house, where it is connected to an MV transformer, which connects to an LV transformer, neither of which is powered by redstone. The output of the LV then leads to a macerator, electric furnace, compressor and extractor. However, for some reason, no power is transmitted along the cable, even when there are items in the machines at the end (I have to power them by battery). Can anyone help?

• The cable to my house still draws nothing. I'v also tried attaching a batbox between the LV transformer and the machines and that doesnt seem to make a difference either.

• The single dot on the MFSU is where the cable hooks up? That then runs to your mod thing, and (how far) to the three-dot face of your MVTF at your base?

One of the single dot sides of the MVTF is pointed at the LVTF and one or more single dots from there is/are connected to your equipment?

• HV cable has the biggest EU loss / distance. Check the current near the MFSU, and see if it is degrading fast when moving further away from it. Most likely your best bet would be to use glass-fibre cable instead of HV cable.

• HV cable has the biggest EU loss / distance. Check the current near the MFSU, and see if it is degrading fast when moving further away from it. Most likely your best bet would be to use glass-fibre cable instead of HV cable.

note that HV cable is also capable of carrying EV packets at 2048. using that it doesn't lose all that much, relatively. Above a certain distance it loses less power than glass fibre.

• I used HV cable to run a line from my wind farm down to my house. I could have used glass fibre, but 60 meters would require 15 diamonds and it's frankly not worth the expense. Losing 48EU off a 2048EU packet is insignificant.

• note that HV cable is also capable of carrying EV packets at 2048. using that it doesn't lose all that much, relatively. Above a certain distance it loses less power than glass fibre.

Nope, glass fiber is better in all circumstances. The ONLY time glass isn't the best cable is in the game is at 3 EU/tick or less. Then tin is the best.

Consider this : go 20 blocks at HV (512 EU/tick). You lose 1 EU, or 1/512 of your energy. Go 20 blocks at EV (2048 EU/tick) in a 4x insulated HV cable (1 EU/block loss). You lose 20 EU, or 20/2048 or 5/512 of your energy. So glass is best.

• note that HV cable is also capable of carrying EV packets at 2048. using that it doesn't lose all that much, relatively. Above a certain distance it loses less power than glass fibre.

I do know this, but the thing is, he doesn't have a redstoned HV Transformer to force 2048 EU packets. He's using an MFSU + HV cable without transformers, that's probably why he's getting such a huge loss of EU.

• I have an MFSU, with a large amount of power in it. Connected to this is a HV cable which then splits into 2. One of these leads into an electrical engine (power crystal's mod), and takes 72 EU/t. The other leads to my house, where it is connected to an MV transformer, which connects to an LV transformer, neither of which is powered by redstone. The output of the LV then leads to a macerator, electric furnace, compressor and extractor. However, for some reason, no power is transmitted along the cable, even when there are items in the machines at the end (I have to power them by battery). Can anyone help?

There's about 3 common problems that could cause this; 1: Too much distance-based loss, 2: Improper wiring inputs/outputs [should be MFSU (1 dot) -> (3 dots) MVT (1 dot) -> (3 dots) LVT (1 dot) -> machines], 3: Accidental redstone power being applied to any of the devices (if the mfsu or any of the transformers is getting a redstone signal, the system will not work).

-- I don't know if the electrical engine is a problem (though I wouldn't think it would be) but since you said disconnecting it didn't fix the issue, I'd leave it disconnected to trouble-shoot the other half of the system, then reconnect it after you figure out why your machines aren't running.

• Test it your self. Glass Fibre /and/ tin both have a lossless length of 39.

As for the packets; there are ways of making cables do crazy things with the right stuff on the endpoints. Throw all your logic out the window and try some insane experiments that you think would never work in the real world.

• EDIT: Its just started working :D Not quite sure what was wrong, but thanks for all the help anyway :D

• It looks like your LV transformer isn't (wasn't) placed properly. If it's not working I suggest taking out the HV cable, wrenching the LV, re-placing the LV, and re-installing the HV cable.