{Sugggestion} Satellites and Outer Space

• I have a suggestion for a feature that could be added to IC2, a creatable and then launch able satellite! The satellite could possible provide mapping data for the player, like a picture of the current area around the player and such. Also, IC2 could add a new dimension, SPACE! You could build a rocket to launch a space station, and then yourself into space! Then, inside the space station, you could get energy from a the sun with a new type of solar panel possible. All these things would of coarse be very endgame items, the space rocket would require many parts like possibly two MFSUs and would need to be charged up before launched. I was thinking that the space station would start out as a single room that the player can only expand if they have a space suite (possibly a quantum suite)

I think personally thing that this is an awesome idea, I love outer space!
    tell me what you think and give me suggestions on how a space dimension could work!
    :thumbup:

• I do like the idea of sending a satallite up (GPS?) to assist in mapping (build a GPS device similar to the EU Reader?) .. Or perhaps build a radar (for on ground placement) to aid in mapping out. Would be a nice replacement for the paper maps in the game, options of waypoints etc, though that might be going too far ..

• Denied Ideas
    New Dimension

However, a satellite as an improved mapping system is interesting.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I do like the idea of sending a satallite up (GPS?) to assist in mapping (build a GPS device similar to the EU Reader?) .. Or perhaps build a radar (for on ground placement) to aid in mapping out. Would be a nice replacement for the paper maps in the game, options of waypoints etc, though that might be going too far ..

Yea I was thinking the same thing! You could maybe place a radar machine down that would need constant power but would give you a map of your world depending on where you launched your satellite ! :D

• no on satellites, go for radars instead. (simply easier to code...)
    the whole mapping idea is great, however, with the up-coming CPU I would love to have a mapping function.

• Denied Ideas
    New Dimension

However, a satellite as an improved mapping system is interesting.

That thread is about another standard dimension. Not about outer space...
    And it's not a "DENIED" but rather a "why?" response. After all, making an alternate reality that is just another normal world for randomness doesn't make much sense but adding another dimension with cool new features (low/zero gravity, moon dust to craft moonshine... err) does make sense... Until i messed it up in my head.

• Aside from modifying all of the stuff to make yet another dimension (actually it might not be that much, but I'd guess it's still a huge pain) there's /also/ the added badness of /using even more/ block IDs for all of the new stuff you'd find in it.

Gravity and air/lack there of changes would be a whole other level of likely to break in the future mods.