Suggestion: Energy Display

• My Suggestion is to add 2 items.
    The transmitter and the receiver.
    To use it put the Transmitter on a MFE or MFSU and the receiver on a wall in you house.
    Then link both with the FreqTrans.
    Now the receiver display how many energy is in the MFE or MFSU.
    You can also link more then one transmitter to one reciever.
    Then they would display it like this 35688/120000 (with 2 transmitter/MFE).
    You can also put a transmitter on a cable.
    Then the Reciever would display how many eu go trough the cable (EU/s)
    The transmitter should look like a little antenna and the reciever should lokk similar to a sign.
    The crafting recipes shouldn´t be so expensive so that you can make enough for all your MFE.
    By the way the idea of a limited range isn´t so bad ^^

PS: Sorry for my English :D

• I like it, I usually find myself in one particular room in my factory, so to use this for a control center would be amazing.

If you could also control the output, like the EC manipulator, that would be amazing.

• Adien reposted this in some other threads, so I think this idea (or the general gist of remote monitoring of machinery and current) is at least being discussed, not much more we can do from the forum ;P.

• ...probably resurrecting something here... but.

I would think of this less as some little add-on that gets placed on an MFE or wire, but more as an implant. Instead of having the transmitter sit on top of the MFE, it would probably make more sense to simply put the transmitter inside the MFE itself.

In the code, using a transmitter on an MFE would consume the transmitter, and toggle a canTransmit boolean, which allows a FreqTrans (or specialized tool) to copy-paste frequencies onto the receiver, much like the teleporter pairing went. To handle the "multiple transmitters to one receiver" bit, there is two ways I can see it: copy one transmitter freqency and paste to the others, only finishing an operation once it's pasted on a receiver... or copying from the receiver and then continuing to paste it on each transmitter until it's copied from a different receiver. If we're to link up a set of multiple transmitters and receivers, then perhaps copy from one piece and paste on all the other pieces, not copying until the tool is cleared by trying to paste to an invalid piece twice.

Adding the transmitter to a wire could toggle the same boolean, but it'd require also drawing the antennae...

And those wire strippers could be used to remove the transmitter, too. If it's used on a canTransmit = true MFE, it spawns a transmitter and toggles canTransmit false. If used on a cable, it'd remove the transmitter before any of the protective shielding.