[Bug][1.337] initial experimentation bugs

• Only bugs I have found so far are in regards to the EU-Detector cable.

1) Cable does not stop reporting current when a machine finishes all jobs. To replicate: Generator -> copper cable -> EUD -> copper cable -> macerator. Load generator with combustibles and allow it to fill up both machines internal storage. Place a macerateable in the applicable machine. Wait for the job to finish AND for the genny to stop consuming it's current fuel source. The EU-Detector will stay red, even though the EU-meter reads 0EU/t.

2) EUD does not connect to red power cables (at least the basic, un-insulated kind). Just thought you should know ;D (The EU switch wire doesn't connect either.)

• Official Post

BatBox, MFE and MFSU don't emit energy when EUD is connect to Batbox, MFE or MFSU

Duh? Ofc they dont, if redstone is applied their meant to shut off. And if you place a redstone emitting cable next to them...

Only bugs I have found so far are in regards to the EU-Detector cable.

1) Cable does not stop reporting current when a machine finishes all jobs. To replicate: Generator -> copper cable -> EUD -> copper cable -> macerator. Load generator with combustibles and allow it to fill up both machines internal storage. Place a macerateable in the applicable machine. Wait for the job to finish AND for the genny to stop consuming it's current fuel source. The EU-Detector will stay red, even though the EU-meter reads 0EU/t.

2) EUD does not connect to red power cables (at least the basic, un-insulated kind). Just thought you should know ;D (The EU switch wire doesn't connect either.)

1) Yes, we're on to the issue. Something seems to have gone wrong after the last successfull tests
    2) Happens with many machines, they do not accept "indirect" redstone links. Which redpower wires appear to be. Just place one piece of normal redstone in between.

• Ok, thanks for the info. In the same vein, a single redstone dust -> Redpower wire works (in that it transfers the binary signal along the entire length) but the Redpower wire doesn't light up..... might confer with Eloraam on that?

Also: The EUD/Batbox had me going for a sec too, so don't feel bad!

P.S. MAD props on the new update! Loving the new wires (even with the minor glitches) and LOVING the doubled reactor output (though I blew up some stuff with the higher output because I missed that in the notes!)

• Oh.... What blocks does 'Electric Blocks' in the patch notes refer to, specifically? All machines, or only storage types?

P.S. OMG LAPPACK!! I was carrying around three BatPacks before.... I love you ;(

• Which block from IC 1.23 are incompatible with IC 1.337? I can start new game but when i want continue old then is the "saving chunks" end exit?

• Ah, ok. Makes more sense now.

While I have you here, how are the small wall strip type of luminators intended to be powered? Running a wire into the back of one makes it a wide-type, and the wires won't transfer power through a block..... ? (Nevermind... read the Wiki, neglected the blog.. (right click with a battery))

Marval: I'm not having any issues... do you have any other mods installed? Possibly IC2 sub-mods?

• Great update! But... Dafuq! My Solar Panels are not emitting any current through fiverglass cable Oo

Edit: They aren't also charging RE-batteries (empty ones). And I'm a stone flatmap... I also tested it in other map.

Mods:
    BC 2.2.5 and Zeldo's additional pipes
    Redpower2 Pr3b
    Minefactory reloaded
    Mo' creatures (the last for 1.8.1)
    Equivalent Exchange 5.4.1 (I deleted the IC patch that allowed to make IC ores)
    Portal gun
    Craftbook
    Wireless redstone

Minimap

Edit 2: Tried also with an empty, backed up version of Minecraft 1.8.3 with only some small mods and I got the same result :S

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Solars are completely borked

lappacks and cf packs auto refill also lappacks can not be crafted only spawned

you need to increase the cf per use to 14 http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/20111204142646.png/ attached image for reasoning
    to clarify what happened here is using reinforced scaffolding this is how big of a platform you can make the problem is the way the sprayer places leaves you with two empty blocks. if they put out 14 instead it should fix the problem

you can not turn off a luminator with redstone

eu splitter does not evenly split eu

iridium plates are not craftable

thats what me and some guys on IR have found so far

• Well, I actually was able to craft both the CF batpack and the iridium plates. The luminators seemed like not working but it's just that they don't change their state when providing light.

Also, for some reason the geothermal generators generate tons of fps loss when charging any storage device (luminators, batboxes, etc...), at least for a while.

EDIT: The CF batpack was "unloaded"... but how in the hell do I charge it with foam???? I tried some things with both the pellets and the construction foam, to no avail :S

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the

• Official Post

Please define "autorefill".
    As well, did you use a FULLY empty'd (or filled) Batpack for crafting the lappack?

I will not increase the CFs count to match building of a random structure x

Luminators cannot be turned off with redstone. Don't see a bug there.

Splitter cable != IC1 splitter. It's meant to "split the cable" upon being redstoned and will cut off any energy flow.

Also, for some reason the geothermal generators generate tons of fps loss when charging any storage device (luminators, batboxes, etc...), at least for a while.

EDIT: The CF batpack was "unloaded"... but how in the hell do I charge it with foam???? I tried some things with both the pellets and the construction foam, to no avail :S

Random guess, geothermals tend to flicker on/off when "overpowering" (providing more EUt then the whole line can handle). This usually causes network updates, texture updates and sound updates. Put a large enough storage behind them.

CF Batpacks can be recharged in the Canning Machine. Should have mentioned that.

• Random guess, geothermals tend to flicker on/off when "overpowering" (providing more EUt then the whole line can handle). This usually causes network updates, texture updates and sound updates. Put a large enough storage behind them.

CF Batpacks can be recharged in the Canning Machine. Should have mentioned that.

Ty for the CF tip.

As for the Geothermals, I was using TMI and gave myself glassfiber cable. But I had lag with the NFSU also (at least at the beginning). I'll retry.

• I'm also not getting any output from Solar Panels. They all worked fine before the update. The sun in the interface that is usually on when it is day time never comes on. I TMI'd myself a few wind generators for now, but I really want my solar panels to work, I had a bunch set up.

• After reloading, I too observe the following bugs in 1.337 as released:

1) Solar panels generate nothing at any time; even freshly placed ones (no sun icon in solar panel dialog)
    2) Luminators place, but do not seem to do anything except absorb power.
    3) That generator recipe someone else noticed.