Question: Wiki incorrect about CF?

• The wiki states that

wall-solidification can also be sped up by right clicking a foam block with a block of sand.

I have tried this with both regular sand as well as sandstone.. not sure what else "block of sand" could mean, but neither of those do anything other than place sand/sandstone next to the CF.

If whoever wrote this is intending for the sand to fall into the CF... I don't think any sort of benefit that that brings would have been intended by the devs. If it IS intended to help, then placing sand inside of CF needs to be a little easier to accomplish.

If, however, this portion of the wiki is incorrect.. just say so and I'll go edit it out (if no one has already done so)

• I am actually the person that edited that into the wiki.
    Assuming you already updated to v1.337 it should work, if you have yet to update then there's the problem.

edit: Tested again, works fine for me in v1.337.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Good to know. I reverted back to 1.23 before trying this out since my solar farm wasn't working anymore. Waiting for the hotfix to the latest update before using it. :)

• Official Post

I am actually the person that edited that into the wiki.
    Assuming you already updated to v1.337 it should work, if you have yet to update then there's the problem.

Confirmed, it's a feature implemented in 1.3. Sometime RNG hates you and you cant finish coloring because a single block refuses to harden out. For this occasion you can maunally harden it with sand.

• Confirmed, it's a feature implemented in 1.3. Sometime RNG hates you and you cant finish coloring because a single block refuses to harden out. For this occasion you can maunally harden it with sand.

i am curious about one thing, what made you decide to use sand as a hardener?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Just a little note, you can make sand from cobble with is >9000 times more abundant than dirt.

Sand is still not abundant though unless you consider power abundant, which since you are using solar power i would say you have the power of a thousand lifetimes...

• I'd rather pay 32 EU and run a piece of cobble through a macerator. As long as you've got one of those, sand is pretty abundant after all!

• Isn't that what it costs for a Macerator to perform a task? That was the impression I got. Anyhow, I hope the spirit of my statement is understood - why fabricate sand when you can macerate it for a lot less energy?

• Try hooking a macerator up to a batbox. Note the charge level. Macerate a stack of 64 items; divide difference in charge by 64. That's how much macerating costs.

• I could do that, but it's academic. I've alrady got a wiring infrastructure that serves more than one machine and has variable incoming power.
    Regardless, even if a STACK of sand could be made with a single piece of UU-M, that's almost 2000 EU per piece. You know it doesn't cost that much to macerate cobble.

Why must people nitpick the irrevelant details and overlook the actual point?

• I could do that, but it's academic. I've alrady got a wiring infrastructure that serves more than one machine and has variable incoming power.
    Regardless, even if a STACK of sand could be made with a single piece of UU-M, that's almost 2000 EU per piece. You know it doesn't cost that much to macerate cobble.

Why must people nitpick the irrevelant details and overlook the actual point?

didnt mean to start an argument; it was only a simple question. :|

Alblaka says:

• Official Post

Isn't that what it costs for a Macerator to perform a task? That was the impression I got. Anyhow, I hope the spirit of my statement is understood - why fabricate sand when you can macerate it for a lot less energy?

32 EU is the standard tick amount transferred by LV systems and unrelated to the actual usage of power.
    Macerations, like all basic machinery operations, take 150 ticks (7.5 seconds) to 2 EUt each = 300 EU.

• Moral of the story: Do not question the creator's math! :rolleyes:

Lol, but seriously... I actually think sand makes the most sense. Have you ever looked at concrete and thought to yourself "That must have dirt in it!"? But looking at it again, you can tell there is a very grainy material in it... kinda like sand. ;)

• public TileEntityMacerator()
    {
    super(3, 2, 300, 32);
    }

3 slots
    2 energy per frame
    300 energy per operation
    up to 32 eu

40 energy per second

7.5 seconds process time

stack will cost 480 seconds 19200 energy