Biofuel = Hands-off Generator supply?

• I don't know if you've actually tried this, but I am not having any troubles with dropouts. If one will occur, it'd be very VERY infrequently. The reason for this is because as SOON as a fuel can enters the generator, it is pulled back out. It's only in long enough for the fuel to go into the generator. For there to be a dropout, two fuelcans would have to be traveling into the generator at almost the same time. This wouldn't be a huge problem for me because I only have 8 fuel cans in the system, circulating about... even with 8 full fuel cans meandering around in the system looking for a generator to use their fuel, they haven't run into each other in such as way to cause a dropout.

Ah. yeah, you wouldn't get dropouts with that number. I tend to fully load a system, but that is me.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• You know you can left-justify your post like this, so recipes are a bit easier to write out. :P

• well if your hell-bent on using fuel you can farm tin with UU-Matter (I wouldn't advise it) it isn't fast AT ALL but if you REALLY wanna get something working this is it. alternatively you can use coal although you get 3 less coal than tin for the same amount of matter X_X

Getting wood and charcoaling it for that use it way better, I think it was 8 wood for 1 matter better than 2? coal for 3? matter. But that just as a sidenote :3
    Alternatively to RP2 and lots of d-pipes you could try that logistics addon for BC, it makes routing of specific items way easier.

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• Am I the only one that finds it absurd that we are tallking about using UU-Matter to fabricate fuel for generators? How about you just... use that energy to run things instead? :rolleyes:

• I'm about to try a setup like this myself, but also keep in mind that the source of fuel is coming from AdvGenerator's Gasificators, so I can use both charcoal AND biofuel at the same time with my setup (thus increasing my energy yield/lowering production cost)...

Which is also ironically funny, because I may in the near future have this as an occupation, lol...

Edit: Forgot to add Xie's Farming mod as well to this. 3 block tall hybrid wheat really does generate tons of EU, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Am I the only one that finds it absurd that we are tallking about using UU-Matter to fabricate fuel for generators? How about you just... use that energy to run things instead? :rolleyes:

I ahev done exactly that... I did have a contingency plan in store for the inevitable.

Naturally, my 5 cactii per minute cactus farm wasn't up to the task of powering 2 induction furnaces (let alone the REST of my factory that had been installed on the same powerline)... in an attempt to delay the inevitable, I went through my collection of fully charged energy crystals (my waystation charger is set to charge spare crystals when not in use... that sunlight sure does add up!)... that lasted all of 5 minutes with the load I had in the factory. So... I tore down the cactus farm, hooked up the MFE to my nuclear reactor (blew up my MFE... replaced my MFE) and the factory is now powered from that while I construct a larger cactus farm.

In case you were wondering, yes, my reactor WAS powering a mass fab. :P

[EDIT]
    We should be able to burn plantballs and compressed plantballs.... or at the VERY LEAST, be able to use fuel cells directly. I realize this depricates the fuel cans, but seriously... they're already IN a can. :rolleyes:

• You should have seen the lag I got from leaving a filler unattended as it dismantled my cactus farm building. As soon as I realized lag was picking up... it was too late... before Ic ould even turn around, the game was already down to 5 seconds per frame. 8|

• Naturally, my 5 cactii per minute cactus farm wasn't up to the task of powering 2 induction furnaces (let alone the REST of my factory that had been installed on the same powerline)...

Since you're already using BuildCraft... have you considered adding the Forestry mod? There's a nice machine that more easily collects fallen cactus, there's a fermenter and a still to turn cactus and other plant matter into biofuel (better than IC biofuel - the yield is nearly as good as BC fuel) and you will net more power than you would from simply burning it.

• You should have seen the lag I got from leaving a filler unattended as it dismantled my cactus farm building. As soon as I realized lag was picking up... it was too late... before Ic ould even turn around, the game was already down to 5 seconds per frame. 8|

Well not that bad i mean the game remained playable for me. But maybe thats because i got a quadcore etc.

• Well not that bad i mean the game remained playable for me. But maybe thats because i got a quadcore etc.

Minecraft is still largely single threaded so multi-core almost doesn't matter. I think new terrain generation got shuffled off to a new thread but that's about it.

• In response to everything. I was talking about for people who were really insane enough to go the UU-Matter route personally I have a 2chamber reactor that powers my factory producing ice (not just ice) (the design uses 4 stacks of coolant per run its a MkII-something or other-SUC and if anyone finds that uran recipe tell me I sortof leeched the ground of its uran :Uranium: :Uranium: :Uranium: :Uranium: :Uranium: :Uranium: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Ingot: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Uranium Cell: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• IDEA!@!@ use an ingenous route of cobblestone and stone pipes seeing as they dont connect it would be easy... then route them to a series of iron pipes slowly connecting them...also gold pipes.

EDIT* sorry for double post

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• I have a very fast CPU (which is also a quadcore)... most lag generated from MC is mostly related to RAM shuffling than anything else. I have a mere 2GB of RAM... more often than not MC will consume 1.5, forcing everything else into half a gig. So, once tons of items show up, it's not so much processing them that causes lag as much as it is finding room for them in RAM. :S

Anyway, back to the OT. I am currently working on a new cactus farm. This one is far more modular than my old design... in fact, SO modular that a BC builder can construct each new layer! That means all I have to do is put the builder down, place materials in, hook it up to power, fill 4 buckets, and by the time I make my way back up the tower with the water buckets, the builder's done and I can put the water in myself.

Each new layer takes (by choice, other than the sand a cactus, I could use any material):
    156 glass - 2 stacks + 28
    72 sand - 1 stack + 8
    32 cactus
    92 cobblestone - 1 stack + 28

Placing those materials into the builder, in that order, will allow it to build each layer without problem, fully functional, save for the water streams, which I add by hand. The entire process of making a new layer takes only a morning of MC time.

Once the new farm is fully built (from sea level up to sky limit), we'll see if it can keep up with factory production. :thumbup:

Note: I did not design this cactus farm, I only made this design work easily with a BC builder.

• I use to have 4GB, but one of my 2GB sticks melted.... don't ask. :S

As for the cactus... I have calculated 512 cactus to be in the farm. It's a step up from my old build and can easily be built underground as well. If I did that... max one cactus building will manage is 960 cactus (bedrock to skylimit)

Mind posting a pic of your cactus farm for me? :)

[EDIT]

Off=topic, but where can I get Optifine? I've heard about it, but last search I ran for it didn't turn anything up. :(

• It was on a old world but i backupped it in mcedit but its not updated to 1.0 so i cant show you atm. But its BIG i can tell you that.

Well, I didn't want some ginormous building near my base doing nothing but growing cactus, lol. The building I'm crafting is only 19x19... corners of this section aren't even used. It's a fairly asthetic building design, which houses quite a bit of cactii, and due to its modularity it seemed like a great choice, lol.

Where can I get optifine? xD