Biofuel = Hands-off Generator supply?

• last search I ran for it didn't turn anything up. :(

Need I really say more? Best thing I got were some ********** forwarding me to some download sites that linked to me to other sites that linked me to adfly links, which I was NOT ABOUT TO CLICK ON after being strung around the internet.

Where is a direct link to this thing, please? I am sick of goin in circles.

• You DO realize that Google does not provide the same search results to everyone, don't you? :huh:

Anyway... NOT using Google... I found it. (Also, MCF did not give me any good results for "optifine" either... sent to a ton of threads TALKING about optifine, but not the originating thread)

• I have a very fast CPU (which is also a quadcore)... most lag generated from MC is mostly related to RAM shuffling than anything else. I have a mere 2GB of RAM... more often than not MC will consume 1.5, forcing everything else into half a gig. So, once tons of items show up, it's not so much processing them that causes lag as much as it is finding room for them in RAM. :S
    <snip>

Yikes. Do you have any spendable money at all? RAM is *cheap* like stupid cheap. a "fast quad core" kinda gets held back a lot if the system's starved for memory all the time.

• Indeed... one of the best upgrades I've done to my machine was doubling the RAM from 4 GB to 8... generally about $20-25 for that much RAM.

• Not in Minecraft itself - just general performance overall. I guess the major thing it lets me do for this, is to let Java use more RAM than before.

• I got 4GB and it seems to run fine atm. Are there any noticable diferences with 8GB?

For average everyday tasks? not really (note: this includes games and such)
    For crazies like me that run Virtual Machines with 1-2gig assigned to them once in a while? yeah, there was a difference. (also have 8Gig here)
    Note that you do need to run a 64-bit OS to gain the benefit of more than 4Gig of ram.

• I'm still using an older motherboard that uses DDR2 RAM... which is more expensive than the newer DDR3 RAM. I am holding out until a full system upgrade. No idea when that will be, though. :S

• DDR-III ram will likely remain dominant for at least another 2 years. However within that time expect today's high end to slowly become mainstream. Already DDRIII-1600 is recommended for optimal performance on shared memory systems (anything AMD Socket FM1, likely FM2 as well).

However with hard drive prices currently very high and AMD and Intel hoping to release new chips; the spring is looking good.

• I don't see what Intel could possibly release that beats their newest lineup. The 2700K is an amazing processor within its own right and damn cheap for its performance. 2500K Is hands down the best budget chip out there. And the new 990X hexa-core just kicks so much ass.

• Wait...
    Am I missing something? I thought that it had been definitely stated that biofuel was dead. Did Al buff it in 1.3(37)? Or is this discussion useless?

• In the 1.337 update notes:

Fuel was recalculated and should be actually a valid way of increasing energy gain.
    You only need 1 plantclump for a fuel cell anymore

So, biofuel got some attention to make it viable.

• On top of only need 1 plant clump for a fuelcell, the fuelcan (once filled with cells) now burns twice as long as before. That's effectively 4x the EUs that we were getting before. ;)