[Suggestion] Freezer!?

• It's something very easy as you may except in the title ^^.

What it does: It will take buckets of Water and produce Ice(truly you should get that bucket back.. xD), It should Freeze Lava Buckets into Obsidian (just needs more power and time..)

That's just a basic idea what i've got, nothing very special.
    (feel free to leave what you think about that..)

:Energy Crystal:___:Energy Crystal: I'm crystalized!

• Freezing water? Maybe.

Lava buckets to obsidian? No, you can already combine 2 lava and water cells to get one block of obsidian.

:Lava Cell: :Water Cell:

:Lava Cell: :Water Cell:

• Oh lol, forgott about that, but pretty much that with the water to ice could b something useful, even though would it be awesome if you would have like an internal storage like the BC one's have.. so that you basicly could pump water in and it generates in a good rate ice .. (idk like 1 ice per 2 buckets? cuz i think without it , would it be a bit overpowered ^^.)
    Also a possibility to make Ice cells for cooling nuklear reactors down.. (more temporary).

Edit: Ice Cells not cooling cells.

• Put a pump over water, put a compressor next to it (touching). Power both.

You'll make snowballs from, essentially, nothing- If it's an infinite pool. The Compressor will take the water from the pump directly. No cells needed.

Put the snowballs in another compressor and you get ice.

1 Bucket worth of Water -> Compress to 1 Snowball -> Compress to 1 Ice Block

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Well, a freezing option for the nuclear boys might be fun to play with. I know they use a bit of ice in their designs, so....

Ice cells, maybe, maybe not.

Well, let's see. 1 bucket of water holds (for rounding's sake) 1m^3 worth of water. So in this sense, if it were possible that the freezer unit would have a built in "Ice Cube Tray" that could hold this much water, supply it with MV (for balance reasons, plus IRL freezers have a tendency to take a bit of power), and it would out put a few cubes of ice, that could either be crafted into full sized ice block in a sort of tier-type system.
    Small chunk -> Med. chunk -> Ice Block

• Hm, thinking about it, if Alblaka were willing to implement over time food rot and make them unstackable, that'd make canned food more useful again(especially if it satisfied hunger), as well as possible leeway for adding in a fridgerator powered box machine that held food and kept it fresh for long periods of time. Possibly could even be used to cool reactor parts and such as well.
    Would this need a new suggestion topic?

(for balance reasons, plus IRL freezers have a tendency to take a bit of power)

All things considered, Smelting machines also take quite a bit of power IRL, no?

• Hm, thinking about it, if Alblaka were willing to implement over time food rot and make them unstackable.

basefile modification, also I have to ask this: HOW SHALL I SURVIVE LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO REDSTONE UNDERGROUND, EH!?
    (by legitimate spelunking)

• All things considered, Smelting machines also take quite a bit of power IRL, no?

That's true too. Machines that reduce and increase temperature have a tendency to take quite a bit of power.

Hm, thinking about it, if Alblaka were willing to implement over time food rot and make them unstackable.

basefile modification, also I have to ask this: HOW SHALL I SURVIVE LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO REDSTONE UNDERGROUND, EH!?
    (by legitimate spelunking)

Yeah, that's true too. But then again, that's the good thing about Forge. Hooks are fairly easy to add considering their really just links into the .class files so that multiple mods can use the same file without clashing. (Well, I'm assuming it's easy, I'm still new to Java, C is my forte)

• Wow you can sublimate water? Oo. Pretty much what i've learned that you can sublimate gas and resublimate hard stuff.In this case , can you sublimate directly water? I don't really think so..
    Basicly what would be something worth to have ice for reactors.. and basicly make ice out of 2 water buckets, in a pretty nice speed (should be truly more balanced). That was the true idea. Even tough i'm wondering how the hell you can sublimate / resublimate liquids? Neve heared about that xDDD...)
    Even more: Have an tool for getting ice back? nothing complex just a tool were you can destroy ice with it and also get the ice.. (was thinking of an house of ice and snow atm.. :D)
    It should be realistic ^^. (Re-/Sublimation of liquids does indirectly not exist, freezing and get it to the max heated up for getting gas/steam)

(Im sorry for my bad english :pinch:, should learn more :rolleyes:.

• Small chunk -> Med. chunk -> Ice Block

I like that idea, espaccially cuz it's more realistic, in the fact you need from rubber like an sheet to get the machine working? :P

[Sry for double Post, just trying to be effective xD.]

• Wow you can sublimate water? Oo. Pretty much what i've learned that you can sublimate gas and resublimate hard stuff.In this case , can you sublimate directly water? I don't really think so...

A compressor is capable of doing more than simply sublimating something. Take a look on the back of your refrigeratro, or ask someone what's at the heart of a snow-making machine at the ski slope... yep, it's a Compressor.
    Combined with an intercooler, compressors have been used for freezing things for a long time.

• A compressor is capable of doing more than simply sublimating something. Take a look on the back of your refrigeratro, or ask someone what's at the heart of a snow-making machine at the ski slope... yep, it's a Compressor.
    Combined with an intercooler, compressors have been used for freezing things for a long time.

Truly you're right. Hmm. Need to think over it again, but still i like the idea of need ice-cubes to make iceblocks it is "more realistic"
    Hmm only what i could think over it that you basicly need some kind of MV (shown above by iceball3) would accept that and would basicly do what it needs, also it really should have an internal storage like the BC machines.. basicly pumping in water and getting ice by generating cooling, and freezing stuff in also a fridge for food would be nice to have or just to play with ^^.
    Also making a cooler so that you can put it right beside the reactor to keep it more cool than water? Like an open fridge for reactors.. or making platings for basicly only cooling reactors down but not in , more beside/underneath or over the reactor, who truly takes like 2-3 EU/t to keep cool on normal state and if the reactor goes high it takes more EU and generates more cooling. Also they shouldn't be that cheap so that you can basicly make 10 and do nothing to your reactor. Naw more investigatet stuff like nanochips and this where you need another machine who makes them with other stuff. xD Basicly just for balance reasons so that you can't just let it run like solar panels or something.

Just that what ive got now in my mind :D

• Purely on the food part, I would say simply reducing food stack sizes (aside from cookies) to 4-8, would make canned food quite useful, since you would be unable to carry tons of it around anymore.

• Purely on the food part, I would say simply reducing food stack sizes (aside from cookies) to 4-8, would make canned food quite useful, since you would be unable to carry tons of it around anymore.

And if you can it, you can have a stack of 64 in your inv, and you could freeze this (in this case with the freezer), to force it, having it longer fresh, also this would make food so that it basicly fools out after a time (atm. in my mind -> half a minecraft day.), and freezed and canned food can hold 2 days or something until you can throw it away (or eat it with like a 50% of getting good poisend').
    Sounds like something usefull..
    I'd like that to have it in Minecraft ^^.

• This could be an amazing machine for the people (like me) who use the nuclear reactors. You could place your "hot" items in it, and it would use EUs to cool them down. This would require that the machine take perhaps HV because the implications of this machine could increase the amount of EUs that the reactor could safely spit out. In addition, perhaps the machine could recharge used cooling cells or maybe upgrade them? As for non-nuclear uses, 4-tier energy is a common topic on the forums. Perhaps this could be used in the construction of the storage unit for that, or maybe just the lapotron? Maybe it could also be used in the creation of upgraded iridium plates, possible for use in the quantum suit.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• This could be an amazing machine for the people (like me) who use the nuclear reactors. You could place your "hot" items in it, and it would use EUs to cool them down. This would require that the machine take perhaps HV because the implications of this machine could increase the amount of EUs that the reactor could safely spit out. In addition, perhaps the machine could recharge used cooling cells or maybe upgrade them? As for non-nuclear uses, 4-tier energy is a common topic on the forums. Perhaps this could be used in the construction of the storage unit for that, or maybe just the lapotron? Maybe it could also be used in the creation of upgraded iridium plates, possible for use in the quantum suit.

The first one, yes probably like if you have nearly completely losed cooling cells to cool them faster of, (like 20 times faster..) and make it so more advanced, and evenly more energy?

Truly the 4th Tier of Energy (Ultra High Voltage) could be used for a very very darm advanced machine who could make UU-Matter out of scrap with an take of 1024 eu/t just evenly faster than the normal one! Which also would make a new Material (Anti Matter?). It's something very complicated then.. ^^ as of now , cooling stuff down is the only thng what im carrying on..

• And if you can it, you can have a stack of 64 in your inv, and you could freeze this (in this case with the freezer), to force it, having it longer fresh, also this would make food so that it basicly fools out after a time (atm. in my mind -> half a minecraft day.), and freezed and canned food can hold 2 days or something until you can throw it away (or eat it with like a 50% of getting good poisend').
    Sounds like something usefull..
    I'd like that to have it in Minecraft ^^.

Half a minecraft day and two days respective area bit short, yea? Possibly a varying 3~6 day rot time for uncanned foods, time elapsed rotwise would be slowed by about a factor of 3 when the food is refrigerated, and cans possibly containing them indefinitely if covered, needing to be opened be a durability based tool (iron and tin can opener with durability?).
    For any of this to be useful, though, canned food will have to start also refilling hunger instead of health.

• Oh well, i had some things in my mind, about the length of the canned food can be discussed over longer time, 2-3 or maybe 4 days i think is ok..if even more, why not? Also you could put them in the fridge and have it "infinitly"-long useful. Also a can opener? Naw sound's useless, atleast to me.., c'mon think over it, minecraft -> you broke with your fkin hands a tree and you say you couldn't open a can? xDD.

Still can be discused over a long time.. i'm still not finished with the whole idea.. i need to think over it completly again, also my other idea with those protons and stuff, needs to be balanced anyway.
    So i should have enough to do ^^.