Building a power station + distrubution network for SMP! PICTURES ADDED!

• Heres one of mine for my unfinished factory.

Mine is messy as well, but eh, order out of chaos. I also plan on using it for my forestry section. This code will HAVE to be cleaned up once it's done. I think I am going to make this the base program eventually and make it call other programs depending on which section of the factory I want to work with.
    Edit: Program is very unfinished as well.

• Heres one of mine for my unfinished factory.

Code removed

Mine is messy as well, but eh, order out of chaos. I also plan on using it for my forestry section. This code will HAVE to be cleaned up once it's done. I think I am going to make this the base program eventually and make it call other programs depending on which section of the factory I want to work with.
    Edit: Program is very unfinished as well.

Looks great!
    I do also want to make computer comunicate. That would be awesome, but first of all I do want to learn a bit more scripting. I can copy a other script to do this, but I wan't to be able to understand the script...

It would be so cool to controll other computers with one computer!

• Someone has already made a network communication program. I believe it is a parallel communications connection to two computers. I would imagine it wouldnt be too awfuly hard. Here is the minecraft forum thread where its located: Forum thread. I would imagine if you start one computer though and have it wait for an incoming signal then have it react.

Try this:

Code
    If redstone.getInput(side) then
        print("Signal got!")
    End
  • I don't know if you have heard of the mod but you might wanna use power converter instead of the TP pipes. that way you can covert the power that the BC engines make into IC power. You could also provide your clients with IC->BC converters so they can power BC machines using IC2 power. It might make it easier for power transmitting. just a suggestion at least

AMG BLACK SCREEN ITS BROKEN FFFFFF

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• You may want to look into the Advanced Machines addon. The creator of it recently added the ability to compress solar panels. This way, one solar can produce at the most 512 eu/tick. Could be handy.

• Hey, I am going to get a server setup to do this. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you on the server.

AMG BLACK SCREEN ITS BROKEN FFFFFF

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• So the world was deleted... That sucks... :S Well, you learned how to do it, and you have pictures of what it looked like, so it shouldn't be a HUGE challenge getting it started again, right? This time, wanna do it actually on a server so we can help you and see it?

• I am sorry for not beeing so active in this thread. But some friends of mine wanted to connect to their server, which is running RP, IC, BC, TP pipes, and bukkit on top! we are also waiting for a bukkit port of cumputercraft for the 1.1 release

I am building a new station there, and the current stats of the plant is 32*512EU/T outputs. Which says that it will be generating around 15k eu/t

In this server we are building this village or city, and with the powerplant in the midle.

Since the server is limited by the owners network I won't publish the IP but when it is done, I will take shitloads of pictures and upload the map+config.

What's done now:
    Main trafo, control house, batteryrom (missing wires though), South and East trafo's are done.
    I am also working with other buildings so DON't expect this to be done tomorrow...

Anyway, the reason I haven't been posting anything is because I don't wont this to end like last time... I wan't to publish a fully product, not a half done product.

Anyway, I am working on a computerscript which will let you choose to run the powerplant automatic or manuallyI am only hoping that my "plan" for the script is going to work...

• I have been watching on the bukkit forum about the Computercraft port. They have a port for 1.21, but they are just waiting for permission from dan200 to release it.

• I'm waiting like a little child for Christmas ....

The Idea is so great I'm thinking about adopting some one the ideas - The power plant idea - at leas I hope - will be implemented on our server.
    the last few days we have been talking about building a city, where each house have their own set of appliances (working naturally) and rather than each house should have their own "power-production" it would be great to connect all the houses - maybe even factories - to one or more power stations.

We have implemented it all ready but in a much much smaller scale. To make a stable grid can cause a few sweety calculations - and a lot of measurements.

Our main concerns are:
    How much power should always be available - thus powering up and down ex. Nuclear plant
    How to we avoid drained

anyway enough about me - still love your project. Thums up

//MG0

• Sorry for not responding so fast... I have been building powerplants on every chance I had, the biggest problem with these huge powerplant's is the way chunkloading work's. On the last test I had a client which where about 500 meters away, I had 4Xinsulated wires and two bundled cables, the first bundled cable is to disable the whole trafo-north/south/east/west. So I can disable everyone at the west part of the city. Anyway, the bundled cable did not even make it this far... So I tried a wireless redstone addon for bukkit and for some reason I couldn't read that there was power flowing though the cable, but I did get power over to the client...
    I'm sorry to say but the whole powerplant idea seems to not work so good...
    Anyway, we are prepering a server for 1.2 release and we are planning on building a city like a square, and then add a plugin or something to keep the whole thing loaded. I will atleast (If I will be a part of the powerplant building) try to upload some pictures. I won't promise anything but if there will be pictures, you will se computercraft running mostly of the building! I friend of mine is superb at coding lua! And if you have pictures, just upload them, it's fun to watch others work too! :)

• Is this the right place to post my own results on building a power plant? I'm not the guy who opened this thread, but it seemed to be on topic. It's not even close to the same design either...