[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• With the new cost for iridium, it's completely retarded. Just to counter all the UUM, you would have to play for 105405.405 MINUTES for ONE hybrid solar panel. And ultimate solars (with the recipe that takes 1 hybrid) take 109,375 MINUTES to pay off. That's counting the cost for the hybrid solar panel, at an average rate of 288 eu/t. Kinda sucky. BTW, those are REAL WORLD MINUTES. That's 1,822.91667 HOURS, or 30.3819445 DAYS OF SOLID PLAYING. Then they start profiting. So a month on a server with chunkloaders. It's give or take a month for both, it's only 4000 minutes difference.

It's very improbable calculation. This recipe is used on my server very long time. And we don't have chunk loader ! Some users create about 35 ultimate hybrid panels within 1 month. I play very small time and can create abot 10 ultimate hybrid panels within 1 month. We not use cobblestone generator. For create first panels better use nuclear reactor. When we have 2 hybrid panel and small scrap generator (cactus farm, BC quary, forestry farms) we can create more hyrid panels with small time. More panels, more out. Production grow In a geometricalon progressi. Solars array from CPW not cheaper and require for production improbable quantity of resources. Calculate: 512 Sollar panels - 5120 Iron, 6656 copper cable ( 6656 - resin, 3328 coper), 2048 tin, 3078 redstone, 1536 coal, 1536 glass. + Transformators (64 LV, 8 MV, 1 HV). How many time and energy you will need to extract all this ? :D
    Free huge energy and mass fabricators gives access to infinite resources.

• Practice showed that this recipe is balanced according to issued characteristics. You always have a choice what addon to use. If you think that recipe is very expensive, you can use CompactSolars. Or create own addon ;)

• i love the mod, added it to my server yesterday and used the majority of my resources that i gathered for the passt 12 hours of play creating like 8 advanced and 2 hybrid solars, i hear alot of people complaining that these recipies are to expensive, specially on the UUM aspect of it. so let me slap them all down.

i noticed people running with the whole "(whiny voice) but it takes 200 minutes before you start getting profits from it". ok so what? leave your computer on over night and BAM! there you have it, it's paid for itself and made additional profits over night. considering this is an "AFK self sustained" power source it's the best version of it's kind, making this better then reactors even though the final one is far more expensive then a reactor. but once you get like 3-4 of the Ultimate Solars which you could get in like 24 hours of mining and UUM generation. then you'd be set for life basically and you can just keep exponentioally increasing your gains till you have 1-2 MassFab6s churning out matter. in the end these will provide you with all the minerals you need and will not only save you on time and effort they will easily pay themselves off in the long run. i for sure will be making atleast 6 of the ultimates by the end of the week if work allows and will use it as an Ore Factory and production for the factory on my server using Trade-o-mats for players that need resources and armor.

P.s. i'm pretty sure these solar panels are cheaper since you could make Iron for the CompactSolars from UUM and then make them that way :p but with these you don;t have to worry about Server Strain from all the smaller panels and can upgrade them regularly, they might be more expensive, i haven't done all the calculation but i think i'd still prefer these even though they take longer to make.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• the advanced machine mod's solar panels are no longer part of Advanced machine mod, they are now seperate and handled by CPW. also his still require ALOT of solar panels to be made and these solar panels make alittle power at night (by collecting ssolar power reflected off the moon i assume) :D this means your house will not 100% shut-off at night if you drain your batteries and can still use minor functions.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• the advanced machine mod's solar panels are no longer part of Advanced machine mod, they are now seperate and handled by CPW. also his still require ALOT of solar panels to be made and these solar panels make alittle power at night (by collecting ssolar power reflected off the moon i assume) :D this means your house will not 100% shut-off at night if you drain your batteries and can still use minor functions.

thats awsom :D its one of MUST HAVE addond :D

• is there a way to change the ids? i cant get it working, and if i have to use 194 for the panels i would have to start a new world because thaumcraft has id 194

• Mod updated to new IndustrialCraft 1.95 and Minecraft 1.2.5. Some small changes in UlitmateHybridPanel recipe. Added bonus recipe for DoubleStoneSlab (StoneSlab + StoneSlab = DoubleStoneSlab).

P.S. Big thanks to AtomicStryker for guide of new forgeModLoader !

• Hey Sentimental, I was looking through the recipes and had an idea for an item replacement in the hybrid panels. Since they have an internal buffer of 100,000 EU, maybe you could change the Lapiz Block into an energy crystal? Just a thought since lapiz is so easy to come by and the energy crystal makes a bit more sense? Just a suggestion :)

• I'm not sure what the people complaining about the cost are smoking in their crack pipes.

The ultimate hybrid solar panel costs 230 UU-matter for the iridium and sunnarium. This means it needs 230 million EU without scrap.

The ultimate hybrid produces 288 EU/tick on average, factoring in day and night. This means that to make 230 million EU, it will take it 798k ticks, or 40k seconds, or 665 minutes, or a mere 11 real life hours for one ultimate hybrid to make enough EU for a second one.

That is WITHOUT, I repeat, WITHOUT the help of scrap. With scrap, these things are a joke to make.

I actually think these things are massively overpowered. For my server, I slashed the outputs down to these values :

Advanced Gen Day 5, Night 1.
    Hybrid Gen Day 20, Night 2.
    Ultimate Hybrid day 150, night 10.

This still means that it would only take about 48 real life hours for an ultimate hybrid to make the uu-matter inside itself, without the scrap. That's not very long if you leave your character afk sometimes. With scrap, a mere 8 hours. These things also only need a tiny fraction of the other material costs like ore.

With the values, it still does make sense to make these panels, they are not merely compact solars, they are more efficient for the material costs than the basic ones. Just not an equivalent exhange wanna-be.

• Awesome mod! Installed easily with a ton of other mods already installed. I had a feeling the advance solar panel would fry my low voltage cable already on my regular solor panels. I replace the low voltage cables with fiber and put the advanced solar panel at the top of my solar flower so the regular panels can keep their low voltage cabling until upgraded over time.

• Thank you for responses. Some people say that recipe is very expensive other say is too cheap :) In this case i added full configurable options in config file. In my opinion now recipe is balanced, but for hard play may lower output rate in config file.

• Hey Sentimental, I was looking through the recipes and had an idea for an item replacement in the hybrid panels. Since they have an internal buffer of 100,000 EU, maybe you could change the Lapiz Block into an energy crystal? Just a thought since lapiz is so easy to come by and the energy crystal makes a bit more sense? Just a suggestion :)

I refused idea to add energry crystal in recipe, because base energy crystal not stack. Iridium very power-intensive material :)

P.S. I hate not stacking items in recipes :) Because if you create many panels in same time that turns out continuous torture.