[BUG] (1.377B) Freq Trans not usable in recipe

• So, I've been having issues with using the same Freq Trans to change what teleporters are linked to eachother, so I decided to just use them in the creation of new teleporters, right? Yeah, no... if it's been used to link one teleporter to another, the recipe won't recognize it as a proper piece of the recipe for making a new teleporter. I verified by making fresh Freq Trans's and putting them in instead of the used ones, and it worked.

So, yeah, is it a bug when the Transmitters, or is it just that they're good for nothing but recyclers once they've been used...?

• Hmmm.. didn't think about that, but yes, after you use a FreqTrans once, it cannot be used for crafting anymore. Cant see a way to fix this for now.

Is it because it's pretty much impossible to detect it as a recipe ingredient if it isn't a fresh FreqTrans? Then simply right clicking on any machine besides the relevant ones it resets it? Or something along those lines, right clicking onto nothing?

• Hmmm.. didn't think about that, but yes, after you use a FreqTrans once, it cannot be used for crafting anymore. Cant see a way to fix this for now.

Hrm... maybe make it so there's a recipe for making the teleporter using a freq trans in each state that it's in... I take it when you use it, it changes its ID number or something along those lines?

• Hrm... maybe make it so there's a recipe for making the teleporter using a freq trans in each state that it's in... I take it when you use it, it changes its ID number or something along those lines?

Well, i don't know how many states it currently has but that is A LOT of recipes... People using Risus recipe book will be "happy" about that... NOT! (I dunno about the other recipe books but i can only imagine they would suffer the same issues)

• Official Post

Hrm... maybe make it so there's a recipe for making the teleporter using a freq trans in each state that it's in... I take it when you use it, it changes its ID number or something along those lines?

Nope, it changes it's damage value.Your proposed fix would mean 32000 new recipes. FYI, minecraft+IC+BC+RP have about ~400+.

• what about recipes that ignore damage value? Bed recipe allow any color of wool to craft one.

just add ability to reset damage value by placing freqtrans into energy block, or any other IC2 machine (and update TE code for damagevalue reset), this will allow to reset it.

Also, its technically possible (in 1.00) to move all needed data into enchantment array, with "minor" basemod this will allow to display damage value on items with default GUI.

• The bed is made out of blocks (planks and wool blocks to be precise) and as such has blockID and BlockMeta. They are separate from each other and the recipe uses blockID and ignores blockMeta for wool.
    It's not as simply with items (non block stuff) because they don't have an itemID and a meta to separate them. That is a Forge thing, bug Eloraam about it. (But be aware that Eloraam in turn could give you the cold hand and blame someone else!)

• Not 100% sure about the bed thingy, but afaik it's an effect of some specific code related to dyes. Specific code = unuseable for anything else.
    Ntm dyes have 16 values, whereas FreqTrans have 32xxx.

Nah, i am pretty sure there is just one recipe for the bed.

Code
    addRecipe(new ItemStack(Item.bed, 1), new Object[] {
                "###", "XXX", Character.valueOf('#'), Block.cloth, Character.valueOf('X'), Block.planks

And it is using the cloth block, which in turn shares all the colors under a single item, which means it doesn't matter what color the block is as long as it is of the cloth block type.

• Official Post

Nah, i am pretty sure there is just one recipe for the bed.

Code
    addRecipe(new ItemStack(Item.bed, 1), new Object[] {
                "###", "XXX", Character.valueOf('#'), Block.cloth, Character.valueOf('X'), Block.planks

And it is using the cloth block, which in turn shares all the colors under a single item, which means it doesn't matter what color the block is as long as it is of the cloth block type.

Then it's probably related to the Block-subtypes. An annoying boolean causing a random load of stuff.
    Wish we could get our hand on the damn docs for the sourcecode.

• Official Post

Can't we just make one new recipe, one that will take any damage value of freq trans, and give you a fresh one?

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....