My energy production

• This is my energy producer using Buildcraft, Zeldo's Additional Pipes, and Equivalent Exchange

The Collector turns glowstone dust into glowstone blocks which is then pumped out and is turned into four glowstone dust. Then it's pumped through a chest (to separate them out) then into a Distribution Pipe
    which sends one back to the Collector, the other three become One and a Half Alchemical Coal (which mean every two cycles three Alchemical Coals are produced). Then the Alchemical Coal is pumped into three to five genarators (not sure how many are nedded but one can't keep up).

EDIT: Three Genarators are enought

• nice, so alchemical coal works in generators? cool. I had only used the coal from EE before to do something similar.

nice to see someone else using Equivalent exchange, all I ever see of it is "oooo it is just tmi" :(

so many other cool features on that mod I like playing with.

Oh, if you want to speed it up think of adding an alchemical chest with a watch of flowing time and an antimatter relay. 8) i had that once and it produces coal too fast for punny redstone engines to keep up.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• EE is really fun, but it makes the work to get all the materials too easy for my liking. But don't get me wrong, EE is a really great mod. I just feel better if I dig around for the material rather than create it with my philosipher stone. I do have to say though, destruction catalyst is fun as hell to use to plow through mountains.

• EE is really fun, but it makes the work to get all the materials too easy for my liking. But don't get me wrong, EE is a really great mod. I just feel better if I dig around for the material rather than create it with my philosipher stone. I do have to say though, destruction catalyst is fun as hell to use to plow through mountains.

Agreed on all counts - it's a fun mod, just needs better balance.

But the Destruction Catalyst is for pikers - real men use a Catalytic Lens! Who needs a Quarry? I can make a 9x9 hole to bedrock in about 30 seconds. :)

Which is some of the reason I was tempted to pick up the 5.x.x version of EE, as I find that's it's starting to balance out alot better than any of its predecessors (not completely, but it's a great start imo)... Course, EE doesn't follow any level of occultic logic, so this jarring attribute is probably why I may never pick it up still /shrug...

OT: Great setup! I'd say this actually is more clever (and more powerful) than any other renewable energy source you can create with the Forge mods...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• yeah all a matter of balance. sadly EE isn't balanced with any other mod, however balanced it is with itself.

I am still going through it myself, haven't managed to do much with it yet.

EE does make it easy to get fuel and i have been playing around with fuel/matter production for a while. great fun.

you can still dig around for materials, as it doesn't produce Copper and tin (unless you want to use the philo stone to change iron to copper and tin, i think it works I don't use it)

I tend to use it just to fill deficiencies, such as a lack of iron, after i have done a heap of mining and still have a heap of copper and tin, but not nearly enough iron.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• As always, the problem i have with EE is it makes all other resources besides Obsidian, diamonds and lightstone completely redundant. They might as well replace all other ores with just Lightstone, Diamonds and obsidian because you can get everything else (without having to lift a finger) by transmuting into it.

EE is interesting as an economy tool but the conversion rate from one resource into another just breaks the whole game. There is no penalty in converting and no cost what so ever. If we where to turn led into gold in IC2 i bet it would cost several hundred thousand EU's to do so... Oh wait, we already have that in IC2, it's called the matter generator! We can convert 374 charcoal and 306 of anything else into a diamond using the matter generator (Not counting the EU's spent in making the scrap). We cannot covert it back to energy though but that is kinda the point! EE just makes converting any block into anything else for free.

EDIT: Oh and of course... all the matter creation in EE is based on FREE stuff such as light levels. (Hence why i don't like Solar Panels, Windgens or water gens... They are too powerful in comparison with real work)
    Have a few lightstone generators? And a few obsidian aggregators etc etc? You now have everything you would ever need. It's just a matter of getting more of it faster now so you can make a bunch of klein stars.
    you spend all your time creating something out of nothing. There is no challenge in that. Mining only speeds up the process in the early stage of the game.

• For someone who doesn't like it as gamplay, I gotta say, you have a lot of knowledge of EE. The mod souldn't be taken too seriously, its fun for a while I agree, but because its so easy you reach the end-stuff relatively quick. Thus making it less interesting rather quickly..

But because difference in values of the same materials, using the mods in combination of each other makes it rather dull.

Don't get me wrong, EE is a great mod, but I prefer a somewhat more durable gameplay. If you have a problem with it, don't use it.

• For someone who doesn't like it as gamplay, I gotta say, you have a lot of knowledge of EE. The mod souldn't be taken too seriously, its fun for a while I agree, but because its so easy you reach the end-stuff relatively quick. Thus making it less interesting rather quickly..

But because difference in values of the same materials, using the mods in combination of each other makes it rather dull.

Don't get me wrong, EE is a great mod, but I prefer a somewhat more durable gameplay. If you have a problem with it, don't use it.

Just because i hate it doesn't mean i haven't tried it and learned all about it in the past. That's just how i operate.
    If i get a mod i learn all there is to know about it. So all I have said here is based on what i remember about it. I played it about half a year ago or something like that.