[Suggestion - 1.0] Centrifuge (Stimpacks/Grenades)

• Given 1.0's addition of Alchemy this could be IC2's enhancement of it.

A Centrifuge is a more powerful Alchemy device, running it on its own will produce potions much faster than the basic device. However the Centrifuge can also be used to make Stims (an advanced potion) by using the various ingredients with an empty needle instead. These Stims are more potent and longer lasting than their basic potion ingredients, by extension you can also create Grenades instead of Splash potions, which are more powerful versions of the Splash Potions made using a Grenade Case and the various ingredients.

Needles are created using metal, glass, and rubber and are placed into the container slot of the Centrifuge in combination with the ingredients, Grenades are created using a Grenade Case in the slot for the bottle and the splash potion ingredients at the top of the UI. Power is required to run the Centrifuge (of course).

Empty Needle
    :Refined Iron::Rubber: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: -G- :Refined Iron:
    --- :Refined Iron: ---
    G = Glass

Grenade Case
    :Tin Ingot::Rubber::Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot: --- :Tin Ingot:
    :Tin Ingot::Rubber::Tin Ingot:

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Nerf Marines!

Oh wait....

Seems like a neat idea, lol.. would also like to see some industrial chemical applications to stim from this as well (like polymers, synthetic dyes, etc.)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• A better needle recipe would probably involve one refined iron, four glass and a rubber (For the plunger); a dart/arrow would be crafted with iron or tin instead of glass (note two metal types). The recipe should work like cells (a bunch of empties from the metal).

Though I'm not exactly sure which machines would be required to refine the needle... IRL needles are made in several ways but I recall basically extrusion in some form and then grinding to sharpen the tips...

• Excellent! Modern over magic! Maybe a nano enhancement table to replace enchantment tables...

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• If we remove any mentions of MC 1.0.0 potions from the message i would wholeheartedly agree.

* Synthetic dyes made using iron dust and other minerals as components to make a lot of dyes using very little resources.
    * Mixing ingredients to make nitroglycerin to make dynamite.
    * Making gunpowder from coal/charcoal (two different qualities of gunpowder) and sulfur.
    * Making C4 (i need a refresher on the recipe for that :) )
    * Making medicine to combat spider poison and food poisoning.
    * Making fertilizer (bone meal alternatives)
    * Making energy drinks that enhance your speed in mining and running. (Not magic, just a sugar rush thing. Has the nasty side effect of giving you pimples and a squeeky nerd voice as well as a sudden urge to go to LAN parties)
    * Refining oil into fuel by means of a step by step process that is better than the BC refinery.
    * Making preservation ingredients that makes enhanced food that gives you more food points as you eat them.

Etc etc. Pretty much anything that can be made in a lab that is related to (non magic) MC and IC2.

• Sorry to go off topic, but saw this idea and thought I'd develop it a little. :S

Excellent! Modern over magic! Maybe a nano enhancement table to replace enchantment tables...

Maybe a galvaniser machine that would increase durability and effectiveness on any metal tools/armor? GUI could have 3 slots: top slot for the metal used to galvanise, middle slot the said tool, bottom slot the fuel used. Something like this?

F = Fuel
    G = Galvanised tool

:Refined Iron:
    :Bronze Pickaxe: -> G
    F

You'd have to have the galvanising metal 1 tier above the tools current one, with it being an upgrade and all.

Just an idea.

• Seems like a much better idea than nano tables!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Why the removal of potions? Their "magical" aspects being irrelevant, it is a fantasy world and you are mixing ingredients found innately in that world. The creation of potions using them might be chemically sound in this world and not "magic" based. Therefor removing them from the chemistry equation to make Stimpacks/Grenades kinda defeats the purpose.

But I do agree, other uses are always awesome.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

Why the removal of potions? Their "magical" aspects being irrelevant, it is a fantasy world and you are mixing ingredients found innately in that world. The creation of potions using them might be chemically sound in this world and not "magic" based. Therefor removing them from the chemistry equation to make Stimpacks/Grenades kinda defeats the purpose.

Its not just about magic, its about that magic didn't fit industralcraft. So ppl who like IC mostly think you don't need those things in the game at all.

Also, i suggested chemistry very very many times, and haven't received any answer, i hope your thread will do, cause these seems a very good start.

• Its not just about magic, its about that magic didn't fit industralcraft. So ppl who like IC mostly think you don't need those things in the game at all.

Also, i suggested chemistry very very many times, and haven't received any answer, i hope your thread will do, cause these seems a very good start.

As much as I'm inclined to agree, excluding the capabilities of the machine to be used as an improved base minecraft machine seems kinda absurd. Every machine in base Minecraft has an IC2 equivalent, and then some (save for the Enchanting Table), don't see why this couldn't double as a base alchemy table.

I'm also fine with the same ingredients being reduced into "compounds" or something then put into the Centrifuge to make the Stimpacks that provide greater versions of the effects, I don't think that's particularly unfitting for IC2.

I'm also fine with the same ingredients being reduced into "compounds" or something then put into the Centrifuge to make the Stimpacks that provide greater versions of the effects, I don't think that's particularly unfitting for IC2.

So wait, you want centrifuge as it will do stimpacks from all those potions?
    I seem to miss that idea in your post, and thats a good idea. Still i would think of much more uses for centrifuge. Like cleaning wool from dye for example. Cant think of more, but anyways, that would add a good base for new suggestions.

• So wait, you want centrifuge as it will do stimpacks from all those potions?
    I seem to miss that idea in your post, and thats a good idea. Still i would think of much more uses for centrifuge. Like cleaning wool from dye for example. Cant think of more, but anyways, that would add a good base for new suggestions.

Yes, Stimpacks would be upgraded versions of the base potions using a Needle to construct instead of the potion bottle, Grenades would be the Splash Potion equivalent, being upgraded AOE potions you can throw.

Other recipes in the Centrifuge would be awesome as well.

• Official Post

Probably taking something more simple then a centrifuge, but the idea of providing a "Advanced Brewing Stand" is on the IC todolist.
    At min it will provide a better ingrident-potion ratio. Eventually some more powerfulpotions. At max even new ingridents or a redone brewing system.

Depends on the guy picking this point up for implementation.

• Probably taking something more simple then a centrifuge, but the idea of providing a "Advanced Brewing Stand" is on the IC todolist.
    At min it will provide a better ingrident-potion ratio. Eventually some more powerfulpotions. At max even new ingridents or a redone brewing system.

Depends on the guy picking this point up for implementation.

I figured such a thing is in the pipeline, personally I haven't touched brewing at all ingame. I never was a fan of it, just figured giving an industrial and modern take on it would be nice.