=(Un)Offical Technic Pack Discussion Thread=

• I don't expect anything is what I'm saying. My money is on that project not getting very far for exactly that reason. FC wont want to change any of his code and Spacetoad will have a real hard time. Maybe not though. We'll see.

Also no way man. Have you seen the SMP bukkit version of Technic? It's awesome. You can have as many blocks as you'd like. We've got mods upon mods on our server. Luxury minecrafting right there.

Actually FlowerChild does most of the programming in BtB. And his code works to this extend that for what is mod is cabable of it delivers good performance. And actually dropping forge made BtW even more popular. The problem BtW had with forge it that everyone played it with a lot of other mods. BtW has filters that work with flowing water... well why not use cheap BC-pipes. So basically all BtW did was creating challange and some kind of progress.

Technic virtually stuffs all shit into on big pack without caring if this mods play well without each other. If there is a popular mod they grab it, just for their own popularity. This might work for IC2 or Redpower but not for EqEx (well... don't get the technic thing within either) or BtW. EqEx literally get's destroyed by the need to balance it against the other mods, so basically it was fun to use with buildcraft, but it destroyes every progression IC2 or BtW has. And now instead of improve EqEx there are several updates just to balance it.

Technic mainly destroyes the decision about what mods you should combine with each other and this combined with an audience that isn't that bright overall created a large amount of people demanding quite stupid things from the modders (or filling there forums/threads with error-reports), because sometimes they don't even know what kind of features belongs to which mod.

So FC was confronted with stupid people blaming him for creating useless stuff or that his mod sucks, because Mod XYZ is better for whatever. And of course the easiest solution was to drop forge, which worked better than he had expected.

PS: Basically his code shouldn't be modified by anyone else, but only by himself... so it doesn't matter how it looks, but it works quite good.

• I don't expect anything is what I'm saying. My money is on that project not getting very far for exactly that reason. FC wont want to change any of his code and Spacetoad will have a real hard time. Maybe not though. We'll see.

Also no way man. Have you seen the SMP bukkit version of Technic? It's awesome. You can have as many blocks as you'd like. We've got mods upon mods on our server. Luxury minecrafting right there.

I have 90% of the same mods installed manually that the technic pack includes.

I wanted mo creatures to add some life to my world. I wanted turrets so I could create a defense perimeter, I wanted BC so I had a reason to search for materials. Redpower was necessary due to the fact that I do have other games than minecraft to play. I also want BTW but from my experience I know that it's better alone than in a modpack. Why? Because you don't appreciate the little things. What's the point of a crucible when I can create a mining drill in half the time. Why do I need a composite bow when I can have a mining laser? etc etc etc.

Ever since I started playing minecraft I loved the idea of tnt mining, but pretty much every mod that made tnt easier to get made getting gunpowder to easy or made tnt to easy. BTW changed that with mining charges I can get an explosive that doesn't require creepers and is more efficient.

I'd post more but I have X3 to play.

• Not. It breaks most mods. The first AND last time I used ID Resolver was with Rocket Science, but mind having Railcraft detectors as rocket heads, or the autominer recipe making another detector?

Personally, I like to use ID Resolver when testing PURELY to see if mods are compatible. And then maybe hold on to the list of the ids it used. It's also nice to see how many item sprites the non-Forge mods use.

...Planes... (35 of 88 sprites FTL)

• I think I thought of something. How about a official technic FORUMS but individual download? Since those mods are all excellent and flow so well, One forum would suffice. The technic pack has some respect issues and that they forgot to ask first. Someone with the dedication to install all of the mods individually probably has the maturity and the patience to be an such and such an elite forum.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Actually this would only help in regards of support, since most errors are shared. And again the policy used by the tech-mods vary widely. BC is almost an open-source-project, while IC2 has a little bit more restrictive licence and RP is the opposite of BC forbidding almost everything. So this might cause issues, since all 3 have a somehow different attidude towards certain aspects. It would create the illusion that the 3 mods share more than some ores and the technic setting.

• I use MuliMC's console and NEI's item dump to get my ID's right. I tried ID resolver once and it was overwriting vanilla items so I got rid of it and decided to dedicate certain sections of the block/item array for certain mods. So far the only problem is with flora and soma. 6 redwoood planks make barley instead of a door. it's the same mod and the block/item ID's are all unique so I'm not really sure what's causing that.

• You didn't ask for permission. Stop giving me the pathetic story about all the little modders who were raised high to your "glorious" throne. The fact is, if you didn't ask (or if they said no) it is wrong- no matter how many donations, players, etc they get. It is wrong.

If CovertJaguar doesn't want RailCraft in then it shouldn't be in. If jimmy doesn't want his more wools mod in, it shouldn't be in either.

Also whoever said "stupid brits" please don't call us British people stupid. But I must agree the Yogscast is by far my least favorite Youtube channel, it was bad enough when they started. The millions of five year old fans have only made it worse.

Also most Technic fans are completely oblivious to the mod authors. My friend who uses it doesn't even know what mod teleport pipes come from. I know more about the mods than him (and I only use like 10% of what is in the Technic pack).
    Oh and Mr Technic seeing as your here could you tell me how many downloads you get a month? And while your at it how many ad clicks you get?

I personally would like to see both a popularized config file for the major technical mods along with a shared forum (in terms of features and style I like these forums the most, perhaps this forum could become the shared one).

• you necro'ed a thread just to disagree rant and bash? look regardless of how any one feels if a thread you hate is dead then leave it. all bumping it is going to do is prompt response which will escalate to a flamewar.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"