Harvesting Snowmen-Created Snow

• Hey all,
    I've seen a few reactors out there cooled by snowman by-products and I've been trying to figure out...how? In all the pictures I see, as far as I can tell they're using RP block breakers. The only problem is, when I try that the snow gets broken but I get no snowballs from it.

Anyone have any insight into this?

• Without having ever user RP2, I think the answer is using a shovel in the block device that 'right-clicks', don't ask me what that device is named though.

• Nope, I just watched another video on YouTube and it's definitely block breakers. I've tried downloading other people's maps to see what I'm doing wrong but their configs weren't uploaded so the worlds are fairly corrupt.

Edit:
    Tried out a world with a good config file. But... I still get nothing. The block breakers are all set up and running but I get no snow. What gives? I'm gonna go ahead and update to the latest forge version and see if that helps.

'Nother edit:
    I started fresh and installed the latest version of everything (I was using Forge 1.2.2 since none of the mods required it to be updated.) It works great now.

• Nope, I just watched another video on YouTube and it's definitely block breakers. I've tried downloading other people's maps to see what I'm doing wrong but their configs weren't uploaded so the worlds are fairly corrupt.

Edit:
    Tried out a world with a good config file. But... I still get nothing. The block breakers are all set up and running but I get no snow. What gives? I'm gonna go ahead and update to the latest forge version and see if that helps.

'Nother edit:
    I started fresh and installed the latest version of everything (I was using Forge 1.2.2 since none of the mods required it to be updated.) It works great now.

can you give a link to the video please

• Use extreme caution when hiring Frosty to keep your reactor cool, at least in SMP... He has a tendency to 'wander' out of his containment when the chunk unloads....

• Use extreme caution when hiring Frosty to keep your reactor cool, at least in SMP... He has a tendency to 'wander' out of his containment when the chunk unloads....

Agreed. Happen twice now ;), Suggestions. Setup a 1 item filter that tries to push 1 item through a tube to the reactor.. Since the reactor or most should never have a open slot it will never push it to it. But if it does it means something bad happen then you would use a redpower pipe and rig some sort of auto shutdown system.

Also another suggestion like the video you saw do a buffer system.... Keep 1000's of stacks and then you should be golden heh.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Agreed. Happen twice now ;), Suggestions. Setup a 1 item filter that tries to push 1 item through a tube to the reactor.. Since the reactor or most should never have a open slot it will never push it to it. But if it does it means something bad happen then you would use a redpower pipe and rig some sort of auto shutdown system.

Also another suggestion like the video you saw do a buffer system.... Keep 1000's of stacks and then you should be golden heh.

From my testing, you can use RP deployers to automatically make snowmen. The deployers won't deploy the snow as long as the snowman is there.

EDIT: Nope, it won't place the pumpkin until the snow is placed. At the very least, it'll insure there's always a snowman in containment...

• To do this you need to block a snowman in a container and put a block breaker attached to a retriever and then connect that to a pipe.

It works because the snowman NEEDS to be on a block of snow. So as it gets destroyed a new one is instantly created again.

Genius System.

• To do this you need to block a snowman in a container and put a block breaker attached to a retriever and then connect that to a pipe.

It works because the snowman NEEDS to be on a block of snow. So as it gets destroyed a new one is instantly created again.

Genius System.

Huh? Why would you need a retriever?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Huh? Why would you need a retriever?

This. The Block Breaker throws whatever it has either into a Tube on into the world, you don't need the Retriever. That's only really for Machines (macerators) and chests.