"Baby Snowmen" Neutral CASUC Breeder.

• So, with all this snowman love going around I thought I'd add my own contribution. So, behold

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…1d11101001511121s1r124q19

This breeder can, according to paper anyways, give you 48 uranium for your 12 investment.

Instead of screenshots, I decided to do a video. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/LO0Sw0C9FzE

A couple key notes is to check the planner. There is 1 air block (occupied by the pipe) and 13 water blocks. Every other block possibility must be filled in. Also, you want some source blocks outside the evaporation range to keep this cool.

• hmm, looks like an good design exept for one thing.

do you know that the ice feeder wil fill every empty inventory slot inside your reactor?
    i dont know if you calculated that part in?

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• hmm, looks like an good design exept for one thing.

do you know that the ice feeder wil fill every empty inventory slot inside your reactor?
    i dont know if you calculated that part in?

It produces exactly 300 heat (I fill in extra blocks so it doesn't get extra cooling) and it gets 1 ice per second thanks to the sequencer. This keeps it stable at about 10024. I'm not sure why, but last night this thing melted, so I'm going to have to figure that out.

Also, thanks for the praise. I'm working on an even bigger design now that I have a semi-stable breeder.

EDIT: Figured out the meltdown thing. I pushed this reactor to 13900 heat (to see if it breeds faster, it doesn't :( ) and during the cycle somewhere I'm assuming it missed a piece of ice and went to the melting point, but then turned off. I'm sure it just slow trickled from there and eventually melted down, as I had lost a LOT of bricks from the meltdown, but in my testing of what would happen in a meltdown situation it only usually killed 4-8 (through lava, the explosion was too weak because of all the reinforcements from plating and such). Lesson learned, you need the 101 on the last counter (I had set it to 100 before bed) to fully finish the cells off so it doesn't melt on you.

• aha, wel i missed that part since i didnt look at the video yet, nicely thought throu all aspects.

congrats,

but remember, breeders are VERY tricky if experimented with ;)

i prefer mark 2 breeders myself :)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I got this thing down pretty much perfectly. I've noticed that each cell needs a few seconds more than 1/2 a cycle of uranium, so I built another breeder that just runs long enough to finish off the cells. Not really a big deal. I get every cell just 1 tick away from being done before all my uranium runs out.

I've completed 2 cycles (each cycle is 1/2 a uranium cell) and I have to say this thing is quite amazing.

• :Chainsaw:

I got this thing down pretty much perfectly. I've noticed that each cell needs a few seconds more than 1/2 a cycle of uranium, so I built another breeder that just runs long enough to finish off the cells. Not really a big deal. I get every cell just 1 tick away from being done before all my uranium runs out.

I've completed 2 cycles (each cycle is 1/2 a uranium cell) and I have to say this thing is quite amazing.

It looks very interesting to say the least, gonna give this a try then. One thing though... why the need for that complex redstone mechanism with the counter ? Why not just use one timer that ticks once per second ?

• :Chainsaw:

It looks very interesting to say the least, gonna give this a try then. One thing though... why the need for that complex redstone mechanism with the counter ? Why not just use one timer that ticks once per second ?

I could use a counter that just goes all the way to 5000, but a 50 and a 100 work and allows for some cool stuff to go on. Oh, and make sure to use a sequencer. It's tied to the world time i.e. reactor time. It only maybe gets 1 second off which is only 300 heat more (the reactor can handle it, I'm usually running mine @ 12k+ heat)

• this doesn't work for me its always cools down with the 1 sec interval.
    what version of ic² are you using?

This can NOT be completely cooled by water. You must place blocks to prevent water flow to a couple locations of the reactor. Check the reactor planner and count water blocks vs air vs 'nothing' blocks. Make sure you're doing the same and it will work out fine.

• I don't know if it's a bug with RedPower or one of my other mods causing the problem, but RedPower Timers and Sequencers both "finish" when you wake up from sleeping or change the time through any other means (with NEI's time setting buttons). This makes working with finicky reactor setups rather dangerous, and I was thinking it was *my* fault my 2040 EU/t reactor (only while running for the 4.9 seconds it could "safely" run) blew up when it was perfectly stable for several hours going to 0 heat after every generation cycle.

• I don't know if it's a bug with RedPower or one of my other mods causing the problem, but RedPower Timers and Sequencers both "finish" when you wake up from sleeping or change the time through any other means (with NEI's time setting buttons). ...

Not a bug, functioning as intended. Both Timers and Sequencers are tied to world time.

• i had the same problem as you had with the blowing thing
    have you fixed it yet?

The only issue I've had with this reactor was when it finished its second cycle it made depleted uranium cells... which add +1 heat/sec to the system which is in perfect balance even after it finishes. I resolved this by using pistons to drop the water obstructing blocks out of the way (used a nor gate and put it off the final counter so that it only deactivates when it receives the end of cycle counter pulse) so the reactor gets the extra cooling it needs to deal with these extra heat generating cells.

• mine melted quite in the beginning. i got 2 full cycles
    but when i putted new uranium cells in it i went away and when i came back it was melted

Not a bug, functioning as intended. Both Timers and Sequencers are tied to world time.

While it might not be a bug, it's still important to note that sleeping will finish any timer. Even using counters with timers can be potentially dangerous if you can sleep multiple times during a "closely timed" cooldown period.

Oh and nice breeder design ccrraazzyyman. I have yet to try breeders, good to have a solid design to work from.

• mine melted quite in the beginning. i got 2 full cycles
    but when i putted new uranium cells in it i went away and when i came back it was melted

OH you're running into that 'feature'!

When a uranium cell finishes, it has a chance to become a near depleted cell. This cell upsets the perfect breeder balance, and will steadily cause the heat to rise after the cycle has finished, as the re-enriched cells still generate their 1 heat per second.

I resolved this by using pistons to block water flow during operation, and drop and allow full cooling on cycle completion. Use a not or nor gate attached to the output of the counter to control the pistons, and you're golden.

Also, be careful of how much ice you have generating and in storage. I'd ask you to upload your version of my reactor, but I'm using a heavily modded and altered config files :(