Maximum distance for energy transfer over wires?

• If I have an extreme high voltage packet, over a glass fibre cable, shouldn't the charge be able to go 512*40 = 20480 blocks and still deliver some charge?
    Because I have it going over a wire of about 1200 blockls long and I'm not getting any charge at the other end.
    Any help here?

• No, because Glass Fiber can't handle over 512 Eu/t... ask some people who handle CASUC's and forgot that little detail, lol...

Unless it's been changed recently...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• No, because Glass Fiber can't handle over 512 Eu/t... ask some people who handle CASUC's and forgot that little detail, lol...

Unless it's been changed recently...

Alright, I edited my post, but it's still dying out before reaching even 500 blocks, not even one one fourtyth of the way.

• When it comes to EU loss in cables, you always want to subtract 1 from the length of the cable to get it's maximum distance length. The reason being is that as soon as it hits block #40, it will drop the charge, and you won't see any energy on block #41 (which I'm assuming is your Batbox or MSFU)...

The actual distance is 512*39, or 19968 blocks of distance.

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• When it comes to EU loss in cables, you always want to subtract 1 from the length of the cable to get it's maximum distance length. The reason being is that as soon as it hits block #40, it will drop the charge, and you won't see any energy on block #41 (which I'm assuming is your Batbox or MSFU)...

The actual distance is 512*39, or 19968 blocks of distance.

I think you've missed the point of this topic completly, no offense.
    The power isn't going 5% as far as it's supposed to, a little calculation error like that makes no difference in what I'm asking.

• Are all chunks containing this long distance wire loaded?

This, Chunks needs to be loaded to make anything that are in that chunk (Producing Energy, Moving it, Etc).

Over such Long Distances chunks will actually unload so they dont produce or transport energy properly. I suggest looking for "Zeldo Teleport Pipes", its a mod Specially designed for BC but it has a useful block called "Chunk Loader" that will keep the chunks in a cross design (5 chunks per Loader) Permanently loaded (Or until you remove the loader).

• Or for such long distances you could build a rail network and send carts across it; except we don't currently have electric trains... maybe with recent forge commit's that will be possible.

• One thing is loaded chunks, second thing is voltage.
    Are you sending 512EU/p through that cable ? For example, you cant send 32EU/p over longer distance than 32*39 blocks.
    Edit: Oh and as far as i know, glass fibre CAN handle more than 512EU/t, it just needs to be separated to multiple 512EU packets.

• Loaded? What exactly does this mean?
    They're defninitly out of sight.

Minecraft generates terrain in 'chunks' of (iirc) 16 x 16 x 128 blocks. When you move a far enough distance away from a chunk, the game will 'unload' it, basically freezing the chunk in time until you come back. If you are far away enough from your power source/destination (and with a distance of over 2000 blocks, you almost certainly are) minecraft pretty much forgets that the source/destination exists, and sees no way/need for energy to run through the cable. I've heard that some people use 'chunk loaders' to make sure that ludicrously large projects keep running without needing the player to be within a certain distance, but I'm not sure how to build one.

• Minecraft generates terrain in 'chunks' of (iirc) 16 x 16 x 128 blocks. When you move a far enough distance away from a chunk, the game will 'unload' it, basically freezing the chunk in time until you come back. If you are far away enough from your power source/destination (and with a distance of over 2000 blocks, you almost certainly are) minecraft pretty much forgets that the source/destination exists, and sees no way/need for energy to run through the cable. I've heard that some people use 'chunk loaders' to make sure that ludicrously large projects keep running without needing the player to be within a certain distance, but I'm not sure how to build one.

last I knew the chunk unloading was SMP only.
    as to Chunk Loaders? additional pipes mod (needs Buildcraft)

• last I knew the chunk unloading was SMP only.
    as to Chunk Loaders? additional pipes mod (needs Buildcraft)

SMP unloads chunks much more aggressively than SSP, but it still happens in SSP if the game needs more memory. Also, when you load a world, only chunks within a certain distance of you are loaded. Other areas will be loaded as you go near them.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Last I knew, SSP active chunks is a 15x15 square centered around the chunk you are in.
    So anything further than about 120 meters (exact range depends if you are closer or further to the edge of the chunk you are in) is going to unload.
    With Optifine you can extend this range out about 3x further, but it adds a lot of overhead.