Generator using Cobblestone and Scrap

• After revisiting this (quite old) thread, I decided: I'll add a config option for disabling scrap burning in a generator, just so people can stop editing classes or doing nasty hacks such as preventing lava from flowing. Scrap will still work on furnaces and iron furnaces though.

The option will be in the 1.2.5 version.

• After revisiting this (quite old) thread, I decided: I'll add a config option for disabling scrap burning in a generator, just so people can stop editing classes or doing nasty hacks such as preventing lava from flowing. Scrap will still work on furnaces and iron furnaces though.

The option will be in the 1.2.5 version.

ahaaa! so there wil be an 1.2.5 version :D

nobody was able to tell if it would come, (no i am not asking when :P)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Sound good RichardG!

I had this in mind.
    Why not copy the "amplifier" thing in the massfab and put it in the geothermal? So that when we put in scrap in the geothermal, it might boost the output, or just make the lava inside the geothermal last longer?

And if you do so I actually think you can remove the scrap burning in furnace's, cause I don't think many people don't even know that it is possible ....

• Official Post

Sound good RichardG!

I had this in mind.
    Why not copy the "amplifier" thing in the massfab and put it in the geothermal? So that when we put in scrap in the geothermal, it might boost the output, or just make the lava inside the geothermal last longer?

And if you do so I actually think you can remove the scrap burning in furnace's, cause I don't think many people don't even know that it is possible ....

Seriously everyone, who uses Scrap for burning in Generators is stupid it causes an exteme Energyloss and aside from Massfabricator theres no thing that consumes enough Energy to justify that ineffectivity.

If i see someone on SMP having such a Scrapgenerator, i prepare a Nuke and throw it on that Crapmachine and a second one for his Base if its not near enough for that, and if Nukes are disabled then i just steal all of his valuable Stuff and the Machine.

Eloraam definetly has to moddify that Cobblegenerators, that they are not making any Sound at all, because removing the "fizz.ogg" doesnt work if you are connected to the internet.

• Seriously everyone, who uses Scrap for burning in Generators is stupid it causes an exteme Energyloss and aside from Massfabricator theres no thing that consumes enough Energy to justify that ineffectivity.

If i see someone on SMP having such a Scrapgenerator, i prepare a Nuke and throw it on that Crapmachine and a second one for his Base if its not near enough for that, and if Nukes are disabled then i just steal all of his valuable Stuff and the Machine.

Eloraam definetly has to moddify that Cobblegenerators, that they are not making any Sound at all, because removing the "fizz.ogg" doesnt work if you are connected to the internet.

I didn't mention anything about how much it will multiple the energy output, so I really don't understand why you wrote that, am i stupid or something since I don't understand this?

What I just suggested is that add this principle to the geothermal, then you might also remove the burning scrap in furnace/generator recipie.

• Official Post

I didn't mention anything about how much it will multiple the energy output, so I really don't understand why you wrote that, am i stupid or something since I don't understand this?

What I just suggested is that add this principle to the geothermal, then you might also remove the burning scrap in furnace/generator recipie.

Scrap in Geothermal? Go to Suggestionsection, even if i can say you that it wont work.

Scrap in Generator = 870 EU
    Scrap in Massfabricator = 25000 EU

You may see the diffrence (i have not calculated productioncosts of Scrap)

I don't even understand why it is "so good" to burn Scrap. Redpower has a better/lagfreeer way for infinite Energy using manned Water.

Scrap would need to double the Output for a Geothermal Lavacell (20000 per Cell) to be good enough, but it doesnt make any sense to throw Scrap into it, as a concept.

And no, you are not stupid, because you dont understand it, because you know, that you dont understand it and try to understand it. I only pointed out, what is so bad about burning Scrap.

• I don't even understand why it is "so good" to burn Scrap. Redpower has a better/lagfreeer way for infinite Energy using manned Water.

I'm thinking that as proof-of-concept, efficiency wasn't really a consideration... this certainly isn't anything I'd ever need
    to build, or would want to build.

side tangent regarding the whole 'secret infinite power' thing: AFAIK watermills work underground, don't they...?

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• Official Post

I'm thinking that as proof-of-concept, efficiency wasn't really a consideration... this certainly isn't anything I'd ever need
    to build, or would want to build.

side tangent regarding the whole 'secret infinite power' thing: AFAIK watermills work underground, don't they...?

I have a 24 EU/t-one in my Basement, so yes they do. And as i said: Scrap in Generator = 870 EU and Scrap in Massfabricator = 25000 EU

• Official Post

The amount generates by the recycler is about the same as the energy costs, but with the random aspect a little less, thus it will fail