Suggestion: [Toolbox]

• I'd like to suggest some additions for this:

1) a 'machine' that allows you to place the pack in to one slot and use a chest like view of it's contents in other slots (along with current inventory)

2) The 'next non-empty row' would be extracted, allowing for multiple layers of items

3) A way to dump the contents in to a reactor (I reload my reactors redstone-powered so I don't care about order, but dumping row after row of stuff in and then sorting the few things that miss the empty slots I wanted would be /ideal/)

• Actually that batpack thingy is a nice idea and shouldn't take all too much effort.
    Could make batpack storeable as well...

Means you can carry armor sets around in tool boxes, exchanging them with a few clicks.

As well i can make Toolboxed display the name of the first item within them if you hover over them. Should be determant enough

Sounds good. I always found weird that you could not instantly equip a piece of armor by right clicking it when its on your hands. This could mean easy exchange between Quantum Bodyarmor-Lappack-Jetpack when necessary

• Actually that batpack thingy is a nice idea and shouldn't take all too much effort.
    Could make batpack storeable as well...

Means you can carry armor sets around in tool boxes, exchanging them with a few clicks.

As well i can make Toolboxed display the name of the first item within them if you hover over them. Should be determant enough

Sweet! You should make them nameable actually, and here's a recipe idea...

Toolbox:
    :Refined Iron: S :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Personal Safe: :Refined Iron:

RR :Refined Iron: RR

S: Stick
    RR: Rose Red Dye

:Mining Laser: HEADSHOT :Mining Laser:
    For the record "Sibire" is pronounced "sighbeer", not "cyber", "sib-ere" or "sigh-bire".

• Well in know the recipe i made was expensive, but i think it should be when adding more inventory space. And thats also the reason why i don't want any of the other mods out there adding more inventory space, they are way overpowered. But it was ofc just my suggestion, and i know Alblaka will make the final recipe balanced.
    Still the support for other mods like the Railcraft crowbar, RP screwdriver and BC wrench would be nice, but i don't know how you modders do these cross compatibility things.

• Well in know the recipe i made was expensive, but i think it should be when adding more inventory space. And thats also the reason why i don't want any of the other mods out there adding more inventory space, they are way overpowered. But it was ofc just my suggestion, and i know Alblaka will make the final recipe balanced.
    Still the support for other mods like the Railcraft crowbar, RP screwdriver and BC wrench would be nice, but i don't know how you modders do these cross compatibility things.

If it gets released, the api will most likely include a toolbox blacklist so modders can add which tools are permited or not in the toolbar.

• Simpler then a blacklist, it will contain a plain interface consisting of a single boolean method. Items implementing said method can define true or false in the regard of being storeable.

Would it be possible for server admins to list what cannot be carried as well? So no hiding that :Nuke TNT: or stolen items?

--- MERGE ---

Also, regarding the dump-inv function someone stated earlier, would it be possible to use said machine to store a reactor setup for instant filling?

:Mining Laser: HEADSHOT :Mining Laser:
    For the record "Sibire" is pronounced "sighbeer", not "cyber", "sib-ere" or "sigh-bire".

• Official Post

1. Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your post after sending it if you got something to add.
    2. Nope, it's not configurable via config. And to be honest, don't see a reason for that, either.
    3. It's not a machine :O But yes, per default you could put any non-stackable item into a toolbox, this includes all reactor parts.

• Naming them might be a pain... so how about painting them?
    Either with a particular dye as part of the recipe (perhaps easiest) or with the paint roller or something.

• ]How possible would it be to make a toolbox that would instantly change equiped armor? Or heck equipping a Lappack by rightclicking with it for example? I always wanted something like that.

I am 110% in favor of this. Right-clicking items to equip them should be in vanilla Minecraft.

Edit: In regards to having additional space, I haven't really found any sort of 'backpack' style mod that I like. Each one I've seen requires a right-click while on the hotbar to open, causing difficulty when trying to search for one specific item while under fire. In addition, one has to consider that the more inventory space they have, the more one can lose after a lava swim.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'