Suggestion: Handbook

• Just thought maybe a hand book in pdf would be handy. might help bring in some revenue also. i have the book from build craft and it helps reduce the trouble shooting with the complex machines that you can create with these mods now.

• Just thought maybe a hand book in pdf would be handy. might help bring in some revenue also. i have the book from build craft and it helps reduce the trouble shooting with the complex machines that you can create with these mods now.

Why for? Unlike buildcraft wiki, you can usually find all the info regarding industrial craft in their wiki including EU generation of each generator, how much Voltage machines can support before exploding, cable resistances and loss per block, etc.

But i dunno if albaka thinks otherwise, but i have saw more than enough info on the official wiki to get me working on it.

• Just guessing, but I don't think the developers feel the need to make any documentation on IC besides the wiki. now, that doesn't stop a 3rd party from putting together some documentation.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Official Post

1. I'm not hosting or working on the wiki. It's a community-based wiki.
    2. I don't think i can bother to spend time on writing a detailed guide for everything.
    3. I strongly dislike the fact BC is SELLING their PDF guide.

• As someone new to Minecraft mods who jumped in the deep end of the pool (modloader alone is reporting around 60 mods I have running at any given time) I have to say IC2 is one of the better documented mods. The tutorials on the wiki along with the info there and these forums have been plenty.

Since you mentioned Buildcraft I am still struggling with, it is a great mod, but there is a bit of a learning curve and the documentation is lacking.
    That pdf...not going to go there.
    Not hating on Spacetoad or BC just stating from someone new to the mods perspective. It is enough to write and share a mod, writing documentation isn't fun and a lot of modders don't want to be bothered with it and you need to respect their time.

• If you have an Android Phone, try checking out the Minecraft Pocket Companion.

It is not updated for 1.64 yet, though.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• 1. I'm not hosting or working on the wiki. It's a community-based wiki.
    2. I don't think i can bother to spend time on writing a detailed guide for everything.
    3. I strongly dislike the fact BC is SELLING their PDF guide.

What is funny is that they have a wiki and a handbook for it.
    Anyways only thing that would be good about it, and idk if it is like this or not, but if you can DL the guide after it has been updated if you have already paid for it for free, as in free updated guide. If not than I dont see a point in it myself. Also I'm just too cheap to pay for a guide when I can use NEI or a craft guide to figure the reciepes than figure the rest out on my own. Now if I had money to donate hell ya I would.

• Recipes are never a problem, theres a lot of recipe books mods out there.

The funtion of every item and some ramdom tibits that are too obscure to notice are the reason why guides/wikis are used for. For example i didnt know that the unit of power in buildcraft is Minecraft Joule (MJ), and that Redstone engines output 1Mj per revolution, and i didnt know this because their wiki isnt "Properly" updated with these stuff, maybe because of the existence of the BC guide.