Suggestion: Booze!

• After an hard days mining you can really work up an thirst, So why not quench it with some Booze! Just pop your favorite ingredients along with some water and sugar into the handy IndustrialCraft-Still and soon you too can be staggering around causing mischief and falling down your own mineshafts!
    May have some side effects such as poison-like effect while drunk, and some beneficial ones (such as those caused by Minecrafts potions). Using different ingredients like Apples, Watermelon etc would change the effects each drink would have. These could be things like increased run speeds, faster health regen, or anything else that takes the fancy of modders. All hail the mighty and potentially wrathful modders!

*Goes off to hide in an corner to avoid any potential wrath* 8|

• Too bad the still is part of Forestry, not Industrialcraft.
    Otherwise, not a bad idea, but personally i would shy away from calling it booze. Something like an 'Energy Drink' or something like that would get rid of the negative connotation.

• Too bad the still is part of Forestry, not Industrialcraft.
    Otherwise, not a bad idea, but personally i would shy away from calling it booze. Something like an 'Energy Drink' or something like that would get rid of the negative connotation.

Energy Drink with actual Energy... Sounds like an idea... If only steve where a cyborg.

• Energy drink works too, maybe it can be an carbonation station rather than an still then :D
    I like the idea of using sugar in them since I allways have lots of reeds, and that works fine with energy drinks. I wonder if drinking too many at once could be made to have side efects, I know the stingrays or jellyfish in one of the mods in the big pack with this make me stagger around when stung... 8|

• Why do I have this sudfden urge to feed some to an sheep just to watch it zooming around at high speeds Bahhing... 8|
    I like the sugar-cubes concept, I wonder if theres other things we could make them do? I always have too much watermelon, and apples would be neat too, we could have an whole range of energy drinks with different effects... just don't feed any to chickens, I think they'd spontaneously combust if you gave them an energy drink MinecraftChicken

• *thinks* In that case, you could create a series of 'juice extracting' recipes with the Extractor for particular species of plants. Afterwhich, the extracted juices could be 'canned' in either glass or tin bottles which could serve as beverages to restore health/hungry pending juice type. They could also give low level buffs pending the plant types, as well as juices could be mixed together to create various 'flavors' of effects...

Just a thought... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• EnergyDrink is definitely gonna come with next version, probably even within the next hotfix.
    Richard claimed to have the base code done, didnt yet upload it into the repository though.
    Prepare for a sugar-collapse.

I cant wait. WhyukeepreleasingawesomestuffeverytimeD:

• EnergyDrink is definitely gonna come with next version, probably even within the next hotfix.
    Richard claimed to have the base code done, didnt yet upload it into the repository though.

Any chance we get an "Anti"-Energy-drink too? I would just call it beer. It could have a rather basic function by working as a food-item, which deletes all positive effects on Steve. Making him drunk seems a bit weird, but barley would fit nice into aggriculture :P

If you think this further on you got your alternative to brewing. Just add a slot in the canning machine for water/lava/whatevercells/buckets. Then proceed to add mix/craft recipes for food.
    Something like 3 cubes of sugar + 6 melon slices + water in canning machine = SpeedPotion Like Melon Juice Can.

Now you can proceed to use any of the new crops for that and crazy effects. I have no clue whats possible in vanilla brewing, and what is possible with additional coding but to my mind THIS is a nice idea :D

• Official Post

If you think this further on you got your alternative to brewing. Just add a slot in the canning machine for water/lava/whatevercells/buckets. Then proceed to add mix/craft recipes for food.
    Something like 3 cubes of sugar + 6 melon slices + water in canning machine = SpeedPotion Like Melon Juice Can.

Now you can proceed to use any of the new crops for that and crazy effects. I have no clue whats possible in vanilla brewing, and what is possible with additional coding but to my mind THIS is a nice idea :D

I still prefer my idea of adding nanobots for potion effects which lasts until death.

• Any chance we get an "Anti"-Energy-drink too? I would just call it beer. It could have a rather basic function by working as a food-item, which deletes all positive effects on Steve. Making him drunk seems a bit weird, but barley would fit nice into aggriculture :P

Milk does, or no ?

• Milk does, or no ?

Milk kills poisons. We need something that only kills positive effects, not negative ones :P (since beer alone may produce one or two negative effects).

But I miss an IC2-Food this could be produced inside the machineries.