Information about crops

• honestly i got everything but cocoa by breeding reeds but it took me 2 RL days of breeding to get my first stickreed i have several tables dedicated to wheat and melons for some cocoa but no luck yet i didnt start hardcore reed farming till day 2 so all i can say is a few lines with reads and breader sticks and youll eventualy get one

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• honestly i got everything but cocoa by breeding reeds but it took me 2 RL days of breeding to get my first stickreed i have several tables dedicated to wheat and melons for some cocoa but no luck yet i didnt start hardcore reed farming till day 2 so all i can say is a few lines with reads and breader sticks and youll eventualy get one

I was breeding reeds (about 15 fields) few hours hours and all i got was reeds with occasional other basic plant....

• I was breeding reeds (about 15 fields) few hours hours and all i got was reeds with occasional other basic plant....

hmm sorry to hear thet i know it took me a long time with 45+ fields and now my operation is 200+ fields 30 some dedicated still to trying to make cocoa with wheat and melons the rest is breading super reads 10-8-7 lol i like big operations altho recently i got a stick read from reeds and melons on one of my super breeding tables a few minutes ago so thats 2 different ways ive gotten it.

al come on this pure randomness is making most of us cry tears of blood

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• Seems like cocoa beans can only be planted around sunset or is this just the game trolling me? (planted my first around dusk, then wasn't able to plant my second at all... then the one I had planted was stuck on stage two [full vines but no fruit] and finally popped, so I tried to plant the second and it worked, then looked at the sun, and it was about to go down)

Ed: Or maybe not.... but there's definitely some restrictions on planting cocoa beans/seeds....

• @Trollweed: I actually consider adding a plant which grows through a set of different sprites of different plants, just to confuse players.

@SMP issue: It's slightly more complex, may take some time.

You should make the output a little random, like scrap boxes (but more useful stuff tough)

• Official Post

Ed: Or maybe not.... but there's definitely some restrictions on planting cocoa beans/seeds....

You cannot plant seeds on a crop that wouldn't permit them to grow.
    Thus most plants cant be placed at night (unintended). As well, some plants have specific requirements regarding soil quality and thus cant be placed everywhere (itended).

• Well, after excessive farming on 64 3x1 fields and lots of crossbreeding between reeds only, I've gained:
    Pumpkins, Stickreed, Venomilia, Wheat, Tulip, Dandelion, blackthorn, Rose

From my more focused reed growths (4 3x1 fields) I've been slowly bumping up the growth rate. I'm at 9 for my highest right now, slowly clawing my way higher. I expect about a week or two RL before I'm to 31, maybe more, though I highly doubt less.

• So buildcraft have updated, and fixed the NBT-tags which should mean that we can transport seedbags again, not tested though ^^

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    **** :Industrial Diamond: 's i want :Iridium: !!

• I just plant 3 cocoa beans

w8 until dusk
    give 4 fertilİzer and some water to crops
    w8 until dawn and plant beans

now i can make cookies :))

• Any word yet on final stage of ferru?

what do you mean to go from stage 3 to stage 4 aka fully grown you need iron ore under it to fert and water it and watch it cuz once its fully grown if its water or fewrt levels get to low itll disapear also if you ment how to tell if its full grown the tips of the leaves look like they got a grey glove slid over them

• I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning, but crossbreeding seems to improve growth, gain and resistance above that of the 'parent' plants. After several generations of crossbreeding, I've gone from resistances between 0 and 2 to between 3 and 5, and similar growth in, well growth. My gains seem to stubbornly hover at 1, however.

• I'm not sure if this is worth mentioning, but crossbreeding seems to improve growth, gain and resistance above that of the 'parent' plants. After several generations of crossbreeding, I've gone from resistances between 0 and 2 to between 3 and 5, and similar growth in, well growth. My gains seem to stubbornly hover at 1, however.

Mmhmm. That's the focus of crossbreeding over and over with the same plants. Both discovering new ones and bumping up the power of existing ones. That's how I'm boosting my crops up into the 9's for growth rate.

• Not sure what to do with this plant. It has a stem and is light greenish. For now it won't drop anything when right-clicking. I've tried iron ore underneath, but nothing happened. I have a feeling it's the plant Ragan found earlier.
    I think I'll try with different ores underneath, I might get lucky. Any thoughts?

P.s. it was bred (?) from two cocoas, with 4 1 3 and 3 2 3