Information about crops

• I think it would be cool if we had to place a RStorch underneath the Fieldblock, oder maybe power the field through a repeater to let it reach its last stage :D

But maybe you have to do that.

Please provide more information about redwheat, so I can add it to the first post.

• the post says wheat and melon to get cocoa i havent gotten it yet tho still my thought is that stick reeds can be made thru 3 different breeding's, ive found 2 reeds a rose and a dandelion and wheat and grrrr come to think of it i forget what i combined the wheat with to get it, but theres different methods to get it and thru trial and error ive found imo crossing reeds has the highest chance of spawning one. but i still like knowing the other combos i wonder what your thoughts are of adding something for that in the main post listing the most common breeding methods people, find plus some less known ones. personal i like doin melon\reeds and i seem to get a wide variety from the one combonation when starting new but maybe other people have other ideas i look forward to finding out your response.

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• the post says wheat and melon to get cocoa i havent gotten it yet tho still my thought is that stick reeds can be made thru 3 different breeding's, ive found 2 reeds a rose and a dandelion and wheat and grrrr come to think of it i forget what i combined the wheat with to get it, but theres different methods to get it and thru trial and error ive found imo crossing reeds has the highest chance of spawning one. but i still like knowing the other combos i wonder what your thoughts are of adding something for that in the main post listing the most common breeding methods people, find plus some less known ones. personal i like doin melon\reeds and i seem to get a wide variety from the one combonation when starting new but maybe other people have other ideas i look forward to finding out your response.

Ok, I've had very hard time reding this, and im not completely sure what are you trying to say. If you want me to add some "recipes" for plants, go on. But do it like this:
    Plant 1 + Plant 2 = Plant 3
    and i will add it. Maybe I'll create special section for it.

• Ok, I've had very hard time reding this, and im not completely sure what are you trying to say. If you want me to add some "recipes" for plants, go on. But do it like this:
    Plant 1 + Plant 2 = Plant 3
    and i will add it. Maybe I'll create special section for it.

i know its kinda sad english is my first language but my grahmar is soooooooo poor but you got the general idea
    and on that format
    reed+reed=stickreed high chance of happening imo
    wheat+read= ferru"trollweed" low chance
    rose+ferru=blackthorn low chance

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• Maybe redwheat needs to be near the bottom of the map (i.e. near the darkness down there)?
    Otherwise, it'd be difficult to control the light level of the plants, under ideal growing conditions, for any extended period. Mainly because they need a direct line to the sky, which pretty much gives them level 15 light for half of the day.

Otherwise,without impeding the air around the plant block, the closest that you could do would be to place a redstone torch 1 block away, giving a light level of ~6-7 (I forget the actual levels).

Or possibly, they need complete darkness, for the redstone to glow itself (as it does in ore, dust and torch form.

I'm assuming that you aren't supposed to apply redstone dust like fertiliser or something as far fetched as that?

• Alblaka already stated that there aren´t any plants implemented that require a certain hightlevel to grow, so I think we can rule that one out. Redstone as a fertilizer could be possible for the final growthstage as with Ferru and Ironore under the crop, but I thinks thats unlikely. Which leaves us with a strong maybe for a required lightlevel, my guess would be that it has to be somewhere slightly above ore around a Redstonetorch, because I don´t think Al would force us to build a breedingroom where mobs will spawn, as RSTs emit lightlevel 7 and mobs spawn at 7 or lower.

• If i considered it a valuable concept, i will do.

However, ever heard of glass floors? Mobs cant spawn on them ^^

First: Damn it, I hope I didn´t plant the seed (pun intended) of something evil coming our way ;)
    Secound: Well, I actualy didn´t thought of that up until now.

• About RW light level maybe...

But i have no time to check this so, someone should test it.

... >.> Shh! That's almost like looking at source code! (Assuming it's accurate.)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Uhm, you know, that stuff is like... visible to everyone? It's the original redWheat suggestion in the suggest-crops thread. It was obviously the inspiration for this crop... though it doesn't necessaryly translates 1:1.

I know, but the chances everyone's seen it is low. Guess it's just my opinion that it's basically the same as looking at the code.

And... Yes, I was the one who suggested it. :p

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• hey i posted a tutorial tonite about agriculture i linked them here cuz this post is the source for all known info on IC2 agriculture checkout the tutorial and leave me feedback on how to improve it ill be working on it for the next few days a little at a time

on a side note im realy looking forward to the next ic2 update and all the new plants al is gona troll us with but i digress i await my minecraft gods next blessing with patients

• I reworked main post a little to be more clear. I'll add more content soon.
    Ducant, you can post link to your tutorial and I'll add it to the bottom of the page.

Are you still researching ? Any new info about Redwheat ?

• yes i am but nothing on redwheat yet im currently researching good methods for getting the best plants and a good growing area layout by the way the link is here