Information about crops

• Hmm... it is hard to get water to the nether, so most plants might not even be able to grow there and you need something to breed the plant.

yes but what is this mod about, as i type this my geothermal genartors are powering a chilling tfbp in the nether!
    hurra, ice just add glowstone to keep the ice water and the plants happy :)
    i love this mod
    also my first gen crops came to harvist, wheat refused tho D: melons and reeds where ok

• Hmm... it is hard to get water to the nether, so most plants might not even be able to grow there and you need something to breed the plant.

You can compress a snowball to get an ice block, which you can break in the Nether for available water. And to get a snowball, you can either compress a water cell or run a compressor right next to a pump over water.

• You can compress a snowball to get an ice block, which you can break in the Nether for available water. And to get a snowball, you can either compress a water cell or run a compressor right next to a pump over water.

I thought they fixed the Ice in nether... but I guess they only fixed Silk-Touch not giving Ice :P

Redstone, Gunpowder, eventually even a fractal of a diamond

Well... maybe you included this for future releases, but we have neither redstone, nor gunpowder or fractal diamonds.

And Alblaka said that there are 16 crops out for discovery. Well... maybe this is more or less a question of wording, because "discovery" would exclude plants already existing like wheat and reeds.

If 16 is the number for all possible plants on cropsticks (including the already known vanilla-crops) than we already figured out that only one is left. But since Reed, Wheat, Pumpkin, Melons and both flowers are already existing there could be also 7 plants left.

• Ok, it seems that some manner of location affects crop growth. Do we know whether it is biome, or the material under the crop block?

Making an educated guess, based on the Ferru growth requirement, I'd guess that it'd be block-based, rather than biome based.

I've found that reed-based crops grow incredibly quickly in my desert home (yay, stickreed!). I might try plonking some earth under my melon plants to see whether that has any real effect.

Also, has anyone had any luck working out nutrient/hydration degradation rate, or is it all still just nocturnal shooting?

• I believe Biome makes a huge difference. I have been growing things in both a forest and a swamp and have been getting different results. Crossbreeding seems faster and in more variety in swamps as opposed to forests, but the plants I grow in the forest almost always hybrid for better stats that my swampy counterparts.

• So in the suggestion thread chosen suggestions where green.
    One of them Red Wheat RW. Now we just have to wait for someone
    To discover it

• So in the suggestion thread chosen suggestions where green.
    One of them Red Wheat RW. Now we just have to wait for someone
    To discover it

Considering that wasn't Green previously (Only StickReeds were), I don't think it's added yet. Probably the next patch.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• i still find it funny after all this time i still havent gotten cocoa nor aurelia? i beleive is how its spelled, gotten everything else cant wait for al to fix the stupid crop anylyzer somehow maybe even just adding another machine that is basicaly a super easy stationary crop analyzer any recomendation for breeding cocoa besides trying wheat and melon

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• I just got redwheat like 10 minutes ago, dunno if anyone discovered it before me... Couldn't bother reading each post in this thread, so I just did 2 searches instead (Redwheat and "Red wheat", both came up with nothing of importance)

Was crossbred between stickreeds (as can be seen in the first picture)
    No statistics, I was "smart" enough to plant it immediatly after getting the seed analysed X(

• 1. Don't give hints.
    2. Uhm, they didn't? Unless you're talking about RW, which i'm not sure to have commited at all, don't think so.

1. I thought THAT kind wasn't disallowed? Anyone could open up the jar and check the class names without decompiling, you have stated only decompiling is bannable
    2. Aaaaand someone just found redwheat. Told you, it's in the 1.64 release files.

• Guess I was wrong on it not being released. :p

Now I can just tell my friend to go grow some plants... Assuming it drops what I think.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• It would be a bit more difficult to get redstone or to place underneath it :P

If it requires that.

• It would be a bit more difficult to get redstone or to place underneath it :P

I think it would be cool if we had to place a RStorch underneath the Fieldblock, oder maybe power the field through a repeater to let it reach its last stage :D