Suggestion: Nanotech Laboratory

• Official Post

With some tweaking I could really see a nice implementation of this idea.
    I think that higher level enchantments with the lab shouldn't rely on bookcases or whatever other ic2 block to be around to get better gear but instead the amount of eu/t

I got an idea for "enchantment" tiers

Tier1: Supply material for circuit.
    Tier2: 2x Tier1 circuit + energy
    Tier3: 2x Tier2 circuit + more energy
    Tier4: 2x Tier3 circuit + even more energy
    Tier5: 2x Tier4 circuit + lots of energy

So tier 5 circuit would be very expensive

• So basically there could be Lab with 2 slots. One for circuit/nanobot, second for tool/armor. Lab would require connection to BatBox/MFE/MFS with required amont of energy (similar to teleporters). Lab's gui would also include one button to add circuit/nanobots to given device. If energy is too low, it would provide only lower tier effects, while consuming higher tier circuit/nanobots, or it would just destroy (Tier1) circuit/nanobots.

• If the nanobot lab doesnt have a internal storage for the energy (Which would be ok to leave it like that), that would mean that the Higher Level enchantments would take some/loads of time to process since you have to feed them at 128/512 EU/T.

What you propose the Energy consumed per tier on average should be? (Because i dont think that every kind of enchament should consume the same amount of energy, but thats just me)

• Im asking because the More energy consumed per enchantment, the more time it would take to complete itself. (If No internal storage in the lab)

Maybe it would be good to make it LV tier and add slot to place transformer, so you have to craft some if you want to upgrade items faster. But i prefer instant upgrading, because it won't be used that frequently.

• Official Post

So basically there could be Lab with 2 slots. One for circuit/nanobot, second for tool/armor. Lab would require connection to BatBox/MFE/MFS with required amont of energy (similar to teleporters). Lab's gui would also include one button to add circuit/nanobots to given device. If energy is too low, it would provide only lower tier effects, while consuming higher tier circuit/nanobots, or it would just destroy (Tier1) circuit/nanobots.

I would like to see a lab with a gui where you can select which circuit/nanobot (like enchanting table, with more than 3 options) you want to create then it gets produced at the cost of material in inventory + energy. Tier5 would consume 16 times more material as Tier 1.

• If anyone cares to read my take/suggestion along this topic:

the first item required would be Injectors/syringes:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Tin Ingot:

:Intergrated Plating: :Iridium: :Intergrated Plating:

:Iridium: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

(tin ingot is either tin or iron (balancing decision); iridium plates are glass. reactor plating is blank.)

makes 8 syringes. syringes can be used to inject nanobots into your body.

nanobots are created at the:

Nanobot assembler
    :Advanced Circuit: :Iridium: :Advanced Circuit:

:Glass Fibre: :Advanced Machine: :Glass Fibre:

:Energy Crystal: :MFS-Unit: :Energy Crystal:

(iridium is glass again, power crystals are lap. crystals.)

takes up to 512 EU/t. placing raw materials into the nanobot assembler will create different nanobots depending on the ingredients. the nanobot assembler has a crafting slot for power-storage (increases duration) power-transmission (increases intensity) nanobot type (place cell here; determines effect) and raw material (determines # of nanobots created)

also in the nanobot assembler there is an output slot. syringes must go in here, and the nanobots will be placed in them when they are created. the raw material determines the number of syringes filled by the nanobots.

if you craft the quantum suit together with a syringe on each side, you will get the quantum injector suit. same capabilities, except when you use the quantum injector suit, the suit will automatically inject nanobots into you when they are needed, if the syringes are in your hotbar.

the nanobots would work very similarly to potions, though the syringes would be used instantly, rather than having to drink a potion. they would have an effect of a certain intensity, for a certain duration, that does...something. F.e. a nanobot injection that lets you jump higher and run faster, or automatically heals you (not instantly, but over time; like peaceful-mode healing, although a bit slower, and only lasts until the nanobots run out of power)

[/walloftext]

• This is an AWESOME idea! Why developers did't consider this so far?
    The potion like idea and the enchanting like ideas make the perfect tecnology conunterparts of old stile spells and alchemy of vanilla version. This can also apply only on IC2 objets, so they can't staks with enchanting...

From SpwnX ideas:
    -For the nano injection there are no particular develope issue i think, the effects are the same of the potion, change only the way they are created, maybe in a dedicated energy-eater machine, something like "nano tech lab".
    BUT i think that all in one body is too power... if they duration is upon death, have all the 5 boosts always on with a quantum suit charged make u almost immortal... i think that 1 at time is more balanced, if u take a new one, u overwrite the old one... it's for LIFE man! Do u imagine regeneration always active??? they must be in a MINIUM of 10 mobs for kill u, this MUST require 4 advanced machines and 4 iridium plate into the crafting process to make regeration nanobots! :D
    With this u can also produce "un-programmed nanobots", stored into :Empty Cell: empty cells for the nanocircuits recipies, or also combined for other propouse like even better fertilizer!

-For the nanocircuits... i see it like the naturally IC2 enchanting mode: change the way u reach the goal, instead of experience, expansive material and lots of energy, but free us from the casuality factors!
    We choose what to implements!

Following the SpwnX list i make the modification that i think is necessary...

Tools:
    Energy Efficiency circuit: Reduces Energy Usage by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% (good thing)
    Mining Efficiency circuit: Increase block break Speed by 3%/6%/9%/12%/15% (idem)
    Mining Precision circuit: Give player a chance to get double, triple, quadruple drops from non-player placed blocks by:
    I: 30% * 2 (30% more)
    II: 15% * 2, 15% * 3 (60% more)
    III: 25% * 2, 25% * 3 (75% more)
    IV: 15% * 2, 15% * 3, 10% * 4 (100% more)
    V: 20% * 2, 20% * 3, 20% * 4 (120% more) (following the enchant table, this seems to me more correct, remember it's PERAMANENT!)
    Nano Processing circuit: Give player a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance getting the original block. (why take damage? the tecnology allow us to do the things in the safest way HAYO!)
    Integrated charging circuit: Increase the recharging speed from Batpack/LapPack for +1/+3/+5/+7/+9 (this means that at level 5, 1 use charge up 10 uses!)
    Battery circuit: Increases energy storage of item by 10/20/30/40/50 EU. (Flat bonus are easier to quantificate)

Weapon:
    Fire saber circuit: Sets enemy on fire for 3/6/9/12/15 seconds (good)
    Light power circuit: Increase Nano saber/Mining laser point of damage by 1/2/3/4/5 (this 2 are already deadly like they are...)
    Explosion boost circuit: Increase explosion of Mining Laser explosion mode by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% (boom boom boom)
    Blast circuit: Knock back the target by crescent distance (New one!)

Machines: i don't think this is applicable.

• would these enchant the armor or the player? could i inject ALL of these into Steve? and then also enchant my gear? loving the run speed idea, i want to be able to move fast enough that my computer couldn't keep up, as it is i use legs and Speed 2 pots.

how would you apply these to equipments, would it be a crafting recipe or a special "enchanting table"? would it also allow regular enchanting? could this be put onto any items, for example, could i put your version of "fortune" on my nano saber that has efficiency 3 and mass harvest leaves? (i was hoping nano sabers were counted as a sword but it appears they are actually coded as an tool, similar to an axe.

also would some nano-bots be type specific or items specific, like a nano bot made for "Tools" or specifically a pick axe? Currently i believe nano sabers, and mining lazers are "tools" not weapons.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• would these enchant the armor or the player? could i inject ALL of these into Steve? and then also enchant my gear? loving the run speed idea, i want to be able to move fast enough that my computer couldn't keep up, as it is i use legs and Speed 2 pots.

The player... as i sayed only one at a time, the new replace the old one... i don't really know well how potions works, but i immagine injection of nanobots like a permaboost, always active and earning the same effects, so if i drink a speed potion with the permaspeed on, the potion simply don't have effects, beacuse the boost it produce is also active... I never tested what happen with :Quantum-Leggings: and a speed potion... i guess it don't stack... so, the better bonus at the moment is the effective bonus...

how would you apply these to equipments, would it be a crafting recipe or a special "enchanting table"? would it also allow regular enchanting? could this be put onto any items, for example, could i put your version of "fortune" on my nano saber that has efficiency 3 and mass harvest leaves? (i was hoping nano sabers were counted as a sword but it appears they are actually coded as an tool, similar to an axe.

also would some nano-bots be type specific or items specific, like a nano bot made for "Tools" or specifically a pick axe? Currently i believe nano sabers, and mining lazers are "tools" not weapons.

I never say this apply on the equipment... injections are player's permaboost and circuit are tool permaenchanting.
    What part of "change only the way they are created, maybe in a dedicated energy-eater machine, something like "nano tech lab"." didn't u understand? It could easily be a craftingtable that consume energy (lot of energy)...
    "This can also apply ONLY on IC2 objets, so they can't staks with enchanting..." (have u even read my post?)
    No, i count the nano saber like a weapon, because his principal behaviour is to cut zombie's heads...
    The mining laser is more ike a mining/weapon ibrid so it can obtain tool and weapon circuits the same way.
    Maybe set the max number of different circuits applicated will balance the things... like 3-4 tipe of circuits per tool!

• This sounds like an epic idea. It would be nice if the nanobots could be used to make slowly self repairing armor and tools, I really fancy the idea of a composite vest that i can go in a mineshaft with and repair the damage it sustains between monster ambushes. And maybe have the nanobots go from sluggish to lightning fast when they get an electrical charge from either a energy storage device or the batpack charging armor pieces.

• Official Post

Second idea for nanobot duration/modes:
    Lasts forever until player health gets lower than 70%
    If player health is lower than 70%, there is a 1% chance on nanobots getting destroyed every second
    If player health is lower than 50%, there is a 2% chance on nanobots getting destroyed every second
    If player health is lower than 30%, there is a 4% chance on nanobots getting destroyed every second
    If player health is lower than 15%, emergency mode is activated and nanobots gives quadruple boost for 5 minutes, then gets destroyed after that.
    [Medical instant heals you 5 hearts after emergency mode activates]

If player press default key for modes while holding nothing, activates double boost and improving quantumsuit effects while consuming 0.25% of energy from quantumsuit [all parts] every second.

• For the tools, I'd say take out the energy efficiency circuits and make it so you could apply the different block related circuits (more drops, extra break speed, etc.) at an energy efficiency loss while also being able to apply recharge and storage circuits for no additional efficiency loss. That way you'll be able to increase your efficiency in breaking things while sacrificing more energy, kinda like the upgrade from a normal drill to a diamond one, while having the extra storage and charging speed to offset how much more you'd have to recharge the tools. I think that would balance it out a bit more as well, since one of the major problems with enchanting electric tools is they don't break, so there should be some draw backs happening after you apply the circuits as well. As for how much extra energy drain, it should be based on which tier circuit you have added, but should start off with a high initial draw back while adding less per tier, for example starting at 10% at tier 1 and working up to 20% at tier 5, and make the penalty stack additively (2 tier 5's would be 40% increased usage) instead of multiplicatively (2 tier 5's would be 44% increased usage).

That said, Al mentioned possibly looking into the idea, but no promises:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&postID=44228#post44228

• i like the overal idea, seems an verry nice addition.

alblaka? where are you?

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.