Suggestion: More modules

• I have a lot of ideas for modules and I would like to post them
    But most of my ideas must be used by different machines and not just the 4 basic machines
    I won't provide recipes but I will mention how expensive they are
    Firstly, most machines can now use modules

The transformer can be used by any machine that uses power(along with the storage units) and can also allow machines to use better batteries
    The enegry storage works in any machine that has a buffer(except the mfe and mfsu)
    The overclocker upgrade now works with generators, geothermal generators, miners, pumps, eletrolyzers, terraformers,recyclers, your typing speed and any other machines like that I forgot(but of course it uses more enegry)

Now onto the new modules(In a random order)

My ideas:
    The overcharger, usable by any machine that accepts batteries, will charge and decharge batteries faster
    Enegry is also wasted by using them
    This is about as expensive as crafting an overclocker

Next is the enegry storage Mk.2/3, they add 100k/1m enegry respectively and can only be used in a MFE or MFSU(Mk.2 only works for MFE and vise versa)
    I don't think I need to mention how expensive they are

The efficiency module makes machines use less power, generate more power and reduces the amount of enegry *wasted* caused by the other modules(it also makes the mass fabricator consume less scrap)
    It's pretty expensive though

The recycling module, works only with the recycler, it gives a better item to scrap ratio but also *wastes* enegry

Module storage upgrade, stores more space for modules, up to a max of 8
    It's very expensive though

Tesla coil range upgrade, increases it's range but uses more enegry
    Somewhat expensive

Solar nighttime efficiency module, Allows to convert convert nighttime light into enegry, 16 should mean that daytime and nighttime light produce the same amount of enegry(adding more then 16 does nothing)
    Pretty cheap to make but better solar panels need more expensive versions

Mini generator, generates 1 eu/t
    Price should be about 2 solar panels worth

Underclocker, very cheap, slows down machines but consumes WAY less enegry

Disguise, makes the block look like another block at the cost of 1 EU/T

Combine module, can't be placed in machines but can be crafted to combine 8 machines into 1
    There are 3 tiers
    Note:this is a similar system to advanced machines but it would be nice to have a dedicated item instead of XV transformers

I might post more later
    I don't expect many of my ideas to get added but I expect at least one or two are added
    Post your module ideas below and I'll put my favorites on this post
    Nuclear reactors don't get module slots, don't ask why

• I like the mini-generator upgrade. It means that if you really wanted to, you could plop down a macerator and put one of those modules in, and it would slowly get energy, even if it's not hooked up to anything.

Should be relatively expensive, as you said, though..

• Official Post

I like the mini-generator upgrade. It means that if you really wanted to, you could plop down a macerator and put one of those modules in, and it would slowly get energy, even if it's not hooked up to anything.

Should be relatively expensive, as you said, though..

it is cool, but its like getting energy from nowhere.

Or you can make mini generator be a Tiny Fusion Nuclear reactor which uses air Hydrogen to produce energy :P

• it is cool, but its like getting energy from nowhere.

Or you can make mini generator be a Tiny Fusion Nuclear reactor which uses air Hydrogen to produce energy :P

The mini generator the best option for a upgrade like that would be something like this, in my opinion

N = Nuclear Reactor
    W = Windmill
    A = Advanced Circuits

AWA
    WNW
    AWA

Thats what I'm thinking at least, high cost for something to pull energy out of nothing, seeing how it would be pulling energy through the air, the wind mills are logical
    the Advanced circuits to up the cost of it a bit.
    And the Nuclear Reactor as maybe a way to change the energy (Though it can be changed)

It is just my idea of what the receipe would look like.

Enegry should also be *wasted* as it takes the same amount of enegry to macerate one stack of iron ore with 8 overclockers and 16 overclockers and this is a little OP

Isnt already implemented to be the more overclockers the more energy you waste in your machines?

Batteries charging and discharging more fast its a useless update because batteries usually charge at the maximum voltage EU amont, Batteries charge at 32 eu/t (LV) Energy Crystals at 128 (MV) and Lapotrons at 512 (HV). They dont charge faster due to the Individual Output of each storage unit and the amount of energy each battery can take.

The energy storage mk2/3 its basically you introducing a Energy Crystal/Lapotron at the storage. I seriously hope you arent expecting these to stack since 10 of their respective batteries = the Energy Storage maximum EU. And if you make this upgrade to be on par with a Energy/Lapotron in cost... i rather make a new MFE/MFSU.

The efficiency module may have a future... just remove 3 out the 4 special effects you gave it and it should work.

The recycling module, basically a overclocker module?

Module storage upgrade, i was thinking of this one. Unstackable, each module gives you 2 more space up to total maximum of 8 (the starter 4 + 4 from 2 of these modules), but since these modules takes a space each, The Real Upgrade to Module space would be of 2 (6 different modules + 2 Module storage upgrade).

Tesla coil module, cant say much because i have never build one.

Solar Nightime = no. Moonlight doesnt produce enough light itself to make the solar panel to work, also not working on the night its the balance for the free constant energy you get from solar panels.

Mini generator... Meh i have mixed feeling about this one. At best you could make it so w/e the machine its in operation it will reduce the EU needed for working by 1... or just make the machine generate that 1 eu/t FOR ITSELF aka his own internal storage.

• Official Post

Mini generator... Meh i have mixed feeling about this one. At best you could make it so w/e the machine its in operation it will reduce the EU needed for working by 1... or just make the machine generate that 1 eu/t FOR ITSELF aka his own internal storage.

but that still would generate energy from nowhere ;D

• Kinetic energy from the machine operation in case 1, in case 2 a fairy messing around inside the machine.

Link: NAVI! Stop messing around with that thing! Don't even know where it came from!
    Navi: Hey! Hey! Listen!

Sorry, I had to. But, on topic, I have heard about kinetic energy being reused to help reduce energy costs. But that fact is sort of moot considering initial energy cost and the amount of time for it to get warmed up.

• The mini generator should only be used to power the machine

Edit: I discovered that overclockers waste a little bit of enegry

• Edit: I discovered that overclockers waste a little bit of enegry

If you have 8 overclockers, you get a 716% increase in speed for a 2562% increase in energy used.
    That's more than a little bit.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• If you have 8 overclockers, you get a 716% increase in speed for a 2562% increase in energy used.
    That's more than a little bit.

Incorrect.

Take the macerator:

8 Overclockers are 51 EU/t and 43,6 Ticks for one cycle.
    0 Overclockers are 2 EU/t and 313 Ticks for one cycle.

So 0 Overclockers need 625 EU per Cycle and 8 Overclockers need 2223,6 for one cycle (almost 400% of basis-value). So you could actually decrease the necessary energy by using more overclockers, because there is a maximum-energy-usage (it's a parabola).

• I was thinking more of a nuclear battery like recipe (i would run nearly endless anyway with 1eu/tick). Windmills dont make sense with a nuclear reactor XD.
    R= reactor plating
    N= nuclear reactor
    A= adv circuit

RAR
    UNU
    RAR

If you would run 2 uranium at 1 eu/tick in a nuclear reactor @1 eff it will run for 55,55 hours. So suppose this wont be a op way of free energy by far.

• One generators dont get module upgrades from what i have seen. Second its stupid using uranium that way, since a single cell produces way better energy in the nuclear reactor.

• So 0 Overclockers need 625 EU per Cycle and 8 Overclockers need 2223,6 for one cycle (almost 400% of basis-value). So you could actually decrease the necessary energy by using more overclockers, because there is a maximum-energy-usage (it's a parabola).

Why are you assuming that overclockers use an inverted-parabola (-x^2) model? All we know is the overclocker increases energy usage at a faster pace than time usage.

• Why are you assuming that overclockers use an inverted-parabola (-x^2) model? All we know is the overclocker increases energy usage at a faster pace than time usage.

Good question. I suppose we could look at the code, or determine the energy costs and rates via experiments, and then plug them into an equation solver.