Addon: Electric engineering for IndustrialCraft²

• Electric engineering is designed to ease the load on the CPU in the preparation of complex electrical circuits, and will collect the really big scheme of using a much smaller playing space and time.

Maud electric engineering adds to the game:
    - Design of logic circuits
    - 16 kinds of nonferrous wire
    - Switch
    - Data bus

The designer of logic circuits

this unit - a workbench, which is made logic. It has input and output. As the input and output can be connected to any of the 16 non-ferrous wire T, the data bus or switch. Confuse input with output is impossible.
    Activation of this block (in the prescribed form) opens the editor

This editor is typed schema. I ordered last time the scheme may be up to 16 inputs and 16 outputs.
    (After closing the editor window is generated truth table meeting our scheme, and in the subsequent calculations we just part of this truth table block. This saves CPU resources)
    How to use this editor, I obsnyu later.

16 kinds of nonferrous wire
    Colored wires are needed for filing and retrieving the necessary Segal (each line a different color) from the data bus and the designer of logic circuits.
    Primerono's how they look in the inventory

as well as in the game world

switch

Designed to connect the wires and the color and the data bus to connect together multiple data buses.

• data bus

Need to transfer signals between the colored wires and a designer of logic circuits.
    In a block of data is 2 bus entry and exit. For the ramifications of the data bus must use the switch.

Here is an example of how to use the editor to implement logic circuit element 8AND

but how to connect all the wires.

sorry for my english ;)

• absolutely! this mod makes wiring a lot easier to be able to do larger wiring. And since wiring is such an intricate part of minecraft... Please try to integrate!

• but what about the wires from Eloraams mods (RedPower) and the single use logic gates, isnt that much better to install than create an addon or make it in ic2? (will save a lot of time and effort)

• but what about the wires from Eloraams mods (RedPower) and the single use logic gates, isnt that much better to install than create an addon or make it in ic2? (will save a lot of time and effort)

I agree with this, although colored cables are still a very good idea in case one wants to do some tight electrical wiring in walls etc. Especially useful for solar flowers and other kinds of generator clusters - prevents power leakages.

• This could be a lot like a PLC. A CPU block controlling various input and output blocks. I/O blocks each have an identifier tag and the CPU is programmed using these tags. I could see this being really cool if there are machine in the future that do things beyond transforming blocks into different states (fuel to energy, ore to dust, dust to ingot, etc).

If you had a generator to miner to conveyor to cart setup you could automate with a PLC. Generator powers the miner and conveyor, when an ore block is mined the conveyor activates to transfers it to the conveyor which transports it to the minecart. When the cart is full the power rail is activated sending the cart to wherever you're sending it to. Set up the machinery, program it, and walk away until you hit bedrock.

Similar set up could be a geo-generator hooked to a miner and lava pool. PLC reads the state of an MFE/MFSU, when the storage unit is full it stops the miner from pumping lava. Use energy from the storage unit and drop to a programmed set point (say half capacity) and the PLC starts the miner up again until the MFE full.

• If you had a generator to miner to conveyor to cart setup you could automate with a PLC. Generator powers the miner and conveyor, when an ore block is mined the conveyor activates to transfers it to the conveyor which transports it to the minecart. When the cart is full the power rail is activated sending the cart to wherever you're sending it to. Set up the machinery, program it, and walk away until you hit bedrock.

Similar set up could be a geo-generator hooked to a miner and lava pool. PLC reads the state of an MFE/MFSU, when the storage unit is full it stops the miner from pumping lava. Use energy from the storage unit and drop to a programmed set point (say half capacity) and the PLC starts the miner up again until the MFE full.

I find fault in your examples.

First of all, how do you plan to figure out a Minecart's contents automatically? By dead reckoning, basically guessing when it is full?

Or even, how do you plan to figure out when an MFE/MFSU is fully charged or even half charged? Neither give any signal output when it's at any level, full or otherwise.

Even then, there's no real way to STOP a Miner until it's done... not to mention going from surface to bedrock with a Miner doesn't even fill a single line in a chest, rendering the first example pretty much unnecessary anyways.

On a completely different note, this idea would be very great. It would definitely save on the space (and CPU) you'd otherwise need to create complex Redstone circuitry... however I feel this might be something more for RedPower, since it deals less with Industrial EU and more with Redstone. The actions you describe are the main function of Redstone - basic pulses of nothing more than a signal. EU is electrical power intended more for actually doing stuff, like grinding ore or smelting it down.