Silk touch + Construction foam?

• Unhardened construction foam in one's inventory can be compressed into a cf pellet, and used to create 26 unhardened construction foam blocks (2 uses of a cf sprayer) in the world. Because these blocks don't drop anything, they can't be recovered to create 26 more cf pellets.

However, the silk touch enchantment guarantees that a mined block will drop itself, even if the block wouldn't normally drop anything. Since I can't seem to get any luck getting my picks silk touch, I pose the question: am I right? Can silk touch be used to create a near-infinite supply of construction foam, by compressing it into cf pellets and spraying it again?

• No idea if that works... BUUUUT, I'd like to attempt to test something that involves redpower 2 now that you mention this... >.>

• That's why i consider enchantments imbalanced.

At least silk-touch is sometimes way off... I got free meat because I managed to scavange a pig-spawner (no idea why there is a pig-spawner inside a dungeon).

Pig Spawner + Tesla-Coil + Transposer = Food

• At least silk-touch is sometimes way off... I got free meat because I managed to scavange a pig-spawner (no idea why there is a pig-spawner inside a dungeon).

Pig Spawner + Tesla-Coil + Transposer = Food

Spawners without a "type" (like ones dropped from silk touch) default to pig. Takes something like NEI to get a "proper" spawner.

So it does work? Huh, the next time I reach level 25 I might want to try it.

But would there be a way to code cf so that the item that is compressed into a cf pellet is different from the item spawned in the world? Maybe CF could be coded so that, like a door, it is an item in the inventory that spawns a block when placed in the world.

Spawners without a "type" (like ones dropped from silk touch) default to pig. Takes something like NEI to get a "proper" spawner.

Yup... also Risugami's Spawner GUI can readjust captured Monster spawners to spawn various monsters of different types... it can even do Mo'Creature mobs as well, so you can farm things like redstone and coal like never before.. lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yup... also Risugami's Spawner GUI can readjust captured Monster spawners to spawn various monsters of different types... it can even do Mo'Creature mobs as well, so you can farm things like redstone and coal like never before.. lol

Actually Pigs are the most usefull spawners if your out to get some good food^^. And actually the spawner was pig even before I destroyed it :P

Yep, I'm hitting the same fun with my mod, the infinite arrow enchant luckily only counts Notch arrows, so for me to implement my bows/arrows I have to make them unenchantable to prevent infinite ammo and make them refuse to use Notch arrows. I get tons of people complaining because my mod's veins drop ore "items" instead of themselves as blocks, yet they get no bonus from fortune. I basically just told them all tough luck.

Enchants are a nifty feature, but Notch went about it the worst way possible and made some of the worst enchant ideas possible.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• True words.

Thank you <3

After learning Java and studying Notch code, even as an amateur I can say that in theory, design, and practice this system is a nightmare. It was a cop out to his originally planned leveling system, implemented near last minute as a launch "feature", with no regard for modders or anyone. Its just a mess.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."