Auto bucket removal

• Hi, I am new to this mod, and I am trying to build my first reactor. How do you guys automatically remove empty buckets from a reactor. I can put water buckets in using pipes but I can't take empty buckets out.

• Hi, I am new to this mod, and I am trying to build my first reactor. How do you guys automatically remove empty buckets from a reactor. I can put water buckets in using pipes but I can't take empty buckets out.

don't know about others but I put stuff into and retrieve from reactors with Redpower 2 and a transposer and retriever. Both can operate on the same tube line.
    In my case I used the retriever to extract depleted uranium and a transposer to put uranium in when it ran out for a long running reactor (naturally it has to be a Mk. 1 to pull this off)

• Can you tell me how you did this. I am having trouble making my retrievers work.

retrievers are pretty straightforward, point business end at tube hooked to reactor and put a empty bucket in it's inventory so it'll only pull that out then provide a pulse via a timer.

• don't know about others but I put stuff into and retrieve from reactors with Redpower 2 and a transposer and retriever. Both can operate on the same tube line.
    In my case I used the retriever to extract depleted uranium and a transposer to put uranium in when it ran out for a long running reactor (naturally it has to be a Mk. 1 to pull this off)

One question, i though that the reactor would just spit the buckets out on its own?

GENERATION 262343242983493434234235: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• Hello pat, since u are new i wil tell you all basics.

bucket falls under CASUC in an reactor, it wil empty it, but retain it since it is an vallid reactor component, for this fact you wil need an 5 chamber reactor, the empty side hooked up to an pneumatic tube (VITAL!) if you do not have 5 chambers but 6, the tube wont connect. with recievers you can suck - feed your reactor with ice blocks/water buckets. i suggest for starters to start using ice CASUC. since ice stacks it is more reliable then buckets.

any questions? feel free to ask throu pm or in this thread.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Hello pat, since u are new i wil tell you all basics.

bucket falls under CASUC in an reactor, it wil empty it, but retain it since it is an vallid reactor component, for this fact you wil need an 5 chamber reactor, the empty side hooked up to an pneumatic tube (VITAL!) if you do not have 5 chambers but 6, the tube wont connect. with recievers you can suck - feed your reactor with ice blocks/water buckets. i suggest for starters to start using ice CASUC. since ice stacks it is more reliable then buckets.

any questions? feel free to ask throu pm or in this thread.

ok, yes i have never tried making a CASUC reactor but i have made nuclear reactors in this mod (my first mk V went boom), i also have had them spit things out, like random cells.

GENERATION 262343242983493434234235: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• what do you mean? spit random cells out? wel thats bad.... :P

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Ok, I have been fooling around with my bucket CASUC for some time now, and the limit for bucket CASUCs seem to be 1590 eu/t. I have not been able to make mine go over that number. This is the design I am using. If I add anymore uranium, the reactor slowly heats up until it is on fire. Seems like the buckets are not able to get into the reactor fast enough. Is anyone able to make a design that can go over this limit?

• Ok, I have been fooling around with my bucket CASUC for some time now, and the limit for bucket CASUCs seem to be 1590 eu/t. I have not been able to make mine go over that number. This is the design I am using. If I add anymore uranium, the reactor slowly heats up until it is on fire. Seems like the buckets are not able to get into the reactor fast enough. Is anyone able to make a design that can go over this limit?

might try it this week, stil working to set up an new map with all required devices for my factory.

or i could use my old map and terraform some land to perform tests.... i wil take an look into it. rest assured.

• Technically a 1770 EU/t CASUS is possible by using 5 chambers and 7 Buckets. But there is a problematic timescale:

1. At time 0 there are full Buckets in the reactor
    2. At time 1 the reactor does it's first tick reaching enough heat to consume all the buckets, which are now empty
    3. Between time 1 and 2 all the buckets must be retrieved and replaced by full buckets
    4. At time 2 the reactor does its next pulse consuming buckets again

So the problem is Step 3. You only have one second to pull out all buckets and replace them with new ones. If you miss that the reactor will increase it's heat.

• I converted my single-core water-jacket reactor to a bucket CASUC a couple of days ago.
    The reactor remains in its water jacket and just the single core. I have an RP2 filter stuck on the side of it to remove empty buckets.
    I have two RP2 deployers dipping buckets in infinite water sources and filters on those sucking out the filled buckets.
    The full buckets go to a large chest that sits very close to the reactor and there's a Transposer pulling out of the chest to fill the reactor.
    The whole lot runs from a single RP2 timer set to 1 second.
    With 6 uranium in the reactor, I get a steady 200 EU/t (197 since I put a detector cable inline) and 40M EU total from a set of cells.
    This is working just dandy on SMP.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10