[Suggestion] Nuclear reactor with Buildcraft water pipes.

• I thought it would be a nice addition if Nuclear reactors does accept water from buildcraft pipes to cool it off a little bit. The coolant rate should be same as the water bucket does.

• I guess it would makes sense that they don't want a Reactor to be filled with uranium without the requirements of coolant from the reactor's inventory.

integration with RedPower is already overpowered.

It isn't, as you need to put many recourses and planning to get a normal bucket CASUC, for example.

• It isn't that much work and it isn't much cost at all (at least if you compare it to the reactor...).

You only need to produce 7 buckets per second. This isn't hard at all. Since a single retriever is not able to pull all emptied buckets out you should use more. With a backup chest you could always messure if you provide enough buckets, since the chest should be full of water-buckets in this case.

• You know as much as AL does NOT want CASUC or Ice or bucket, i find it hard to believe that no one has pointed out that a CASUC is the most realistic reactor.

In the real world No one would build a MK2-5 they don't have timing circuits at 3 mile island they have control rods, the coolant is added at a specific rate for the specific amount of heat the reactor produces. Granted 3 mile island nearly caused some bad fall out but that was due to faulty control systems. They dont turn the reactor on for 5 minutes and then let it cool for a hour.

They do how ever have pipes or tubes that send coolant to the reactor how ever that coolant doesn't just go poof it goes to a heat exchanger.

The most realistic design for a reactor in IC2 would be to add a cooling gauge similar to what build craft engines have. if the coolant is in there the reactor doesn't blow. It would also make sense to add a heat gauge similar again to what build craft engines have. And having a way to pipe the coolant to the reactor. that's the most realistic way to build a reactor with build craft.

To be honest the heat plating an, coolant cells and IHD should all be built outside the reactor the only thing going in should be uranium.

• You fail to realize that in real life Nuclear Reactors are CONSTANTLY supervised by human manpower, realistically speaking, automation of nuclear reactors should never be possible, and i believe that al doesnt want to make such methods easier within is own mod.

Remember that all mods are usually standalone and balanced specifically as if that were the only mod in minecraft, integration do happens but only after it was completely considered to not mess with the internal balance of IC2.

Buildcraft integration with Nuclear reactors will pretty much break the internal balance so its obvious to be a big no. And yes using Redpower/Buildcraft with most mods breaks the internal balance of said mods, but that doesnt mean the devs of said mods should make it even more easy to do so (Unless its part of their design).

You fail to realize that in real life Nuclear Reactors are CONSTANTLY supervised by human manpower, realistically speaking, automation of nuclear reactors should never be possible, and i believe that al doesnt want to make such methods easier within is own mod.

If Al rally wants to nerf CASUCS, then i don't think there is a reason to spent SO MUCH recourses on those plantings/collant cells etc.
    It would be cheeper to make some other generators, those will output more then nuclear reactor will do.

• If Al rally wants to nerf CASUCS, then i don't think there is a reason to spent SO MUCH recourses on those plantings/collant cells etc.
    It would be cheeper to make some other generators, those will output more then nuclear reactor will do.

I dont know al politic according to casuc, but i do know that al will most likely NOT make casucs even more easier to do.

I dont know al politic according to casuc, but i do know that al will most likely NOT make casucs even more easier to do.

That makes sense, cause if we will make casuc more easier to make, new reactor system won't be used at all, that means all Al. work waisted.

• Just throwing this in:

As far as the Reactor Planner says, having the entire thing (-1, for a bucket of water) filled with Uranium CAN'T be cooled down fast enough.

You need an entire row and 2ish empty for the largest EU production that can actually be cooled- Which is also already possible with Ice.

I may be wrong, but that's what I was able to find out with the planner.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Jepp, you need a 5 Chamber-Reactor with 7 Buckets (1770EU/t max) or 6 Ice-Blocks (1820EU/t max).

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…101k1010015121s21s1r11r10

2070 EU/tick, Eff 4.4, 453.3 cycles before needing to be cooled. (With water around it, up to ~900)

I think that's the highest you can get it, but this is all irrelevant if Al removes Ice/Water from a Reactor's possibilities.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• HI

My Reactor is Cooled by Ice automaticly with Buildcraft
    No Cool down
    1600 Eu ouput
    and I can go around the world for ca 10 Minutes

I used 2 BIG chest's
    Sry For broken english easy look on the screenshot

• http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…101k1010015121s21s1r11r10

2070 EU/tick, Eff 4.4, 453.3 cycles before needing to be cooled. (With water around it, up to ~900)

I think that's the highest you can get it, but this is all irrelevant if Al removes Ice/Water from a Reactor's possibilities.

Hmm... if you stay next to it. You need to fill in new stacks of Ice every 64 seconds, since the old ones are melted. I prefer my tube-powered 1770 EU/t bucket-casuc. I'm also thinking about retrieving the Uranium-Cells and place new ones inside, but this might be difficult, no idea if retrievers recognize fully emptied cells.

But your reactor would surely not run for 453 cycles, since this would mean that you have to stay next to it for a month.

• Hmm... if you stay next to it. You need to fill in new stacks of Ice every 64 seconds, since the old ones are melted. I prefer my tube-powered 1770 EU/t bucket-casuc. I'm also thinking about retrieving the Uranium-Cells and place new ones inside, but this might be difficult, no idea if retrievers recognize fully emptied cells.

But your reactor would surely not run for 453 cycles, since this would mean that you have to stay next to it for a month.

You can feed Ice into it automatically- Unless it doesn't fill all of the open slots with ice. (Anyone care to test this? :p)

I stray away from Reactors most of the time. Not much gain for so much effort- Even the Water/Ice cooled ones.