RULES regarding threads in this section

• Official Post

Everyone is free to create one thread for each server he is hosting.
    However, do not overuse this freedome, otherwise your threads will probably get deleted, together with your account.
    As well, please ensure your server is actually working. If you don't know how to host a proper server, please first learn to do that and THEN post here.
    If the server you're providing is a real server, matching the following criteria, PM a Moderator to get your Server sticky'd, marking it as full server for other readers.

• It must be running 24 hours a day regulary. A home-server you're running 2hours long a day is not a real server.
    • It must be accessible via normal Minecraft, without Hamachi or other connecting software.
    • The server must have a set of rules or any sort of guideline. And if it's just a "1. Have fun, play fair". No-Rule servers generally end in chaos.
    • Your server is free to run with/without whitelist or even Pay2Play. However, you're not allowed to create an own system selling partial rights to people (>Premium Accounts).

For your thread, you must give all information necessary for users to connect to your server. F.e.

• IP
    • Which & which versions of mods installed
    • Special config files for the mods

//RichardG-edit: since it wasn't made clear:
    NO MINECRAFT.JAR FILES OR .MINECRAFT FOLDERS!
    Distributing those violates the Minecraft license.

• - Your server is free to run with whitelist or even Pay2Play. However, you're not allowed to create an own system selling partial rights to people (>Premium Accounts).

This is a bit vague for me, can the server be no-whitelist?
    And can they have other mods too?

• Official Post

This is a bit vague for me, can the server be no-whitelist?
    And can they have other mods too?

Ah, i see i was unclear there ^^ Ofc you can have a public server too.

As long as there is no restriction stated against something, you can assume it to be allowed. I don't see a reason to forbid other mods... Hell, BC+IC is meant to be played that way :O

• Ah, i see i was unclear there ^^ Ofc you can have a public server too.

As long as there is no restriction stated against something, you can assume it to be allowed. I don't see a reason to forbid other mods... Hell, BC+IC is meant to be played that way :O

Ok thanks!

Btw, the second a MP version comes out, I am start up a server :)
    Already have a VPS bought. :)
    Gonna be epicz :D

• I have a question... How do you setup a pay2play server. I am running on a host right now and I would love to open it to the public, but it is expensive already (22 per month 1gb+1gb burst). If I had a source of income to support the server I would open it in a heartbeat.

• I have a question... How do you setup a pay2play server. I am running on a host right now and I would love to open it to the public, but it is expensive already (22 per month 1gb+1gb burst). If I had a source of income to support the server I would open it in a heartbeat.

1. Add whitelist.
    2. Make people send money on PayPal to be added to the whitelist
    3. GASP ITS PAY TO PLAY!

• Some reason I thought it would be more technical than that. I mean take into account the corporation I am in for EVE online has everything setup to the point that you register with the in game browser and it uses your logged in character for the username. From that one registration you can access Mumble, killboard, and everything. So I figured someone had written a payment system that would automatically do the whitelist for paying subscribers.

• Official Post

Some reason I thought it would be more technical than that. I mean take into account the corporation I am in for EVE online has everything setup to the point that you register with the in game browser and it uses your logged in character for the username. From that one registration you can access Mumble, killboard, and everything. So I figured someone had written a payment system that would automatically do the whitelist for paying subscribers.

You gotta remember, EVE is a MASSIVE community, with a huge amount of talented and skilled individuals to draw from (due to the highly intellectual nature of most of the game). Minecraft has a lot of players, but a lot play it in singleplayer and don't share that knowledge whereas in EVE you're forced into an online community. It makes knowledge sharing much faster and a higher chance of people with the the resources to make these sort of things.

As it stands in minecraft, there arn't that many P2P servers, so not enough demand for this sort of integration.

• i would like to host a IndustrialCraft² server but i cant find any of the info in how to get a server ?
    is it not rdy or do i need to be on a list to host one?

• Industrial Rage will have a contest to celebrate IC2 and the new map, giving out free whitelist.

So how many people are you talking about 1, 10 free white-list or will it be a limited time thing.
    (I'm guessing not free white-list just in case griefers see their chance once again MinecraftCreeper .

Note:I did create an account to respond to server news.

• i am thinking about hosting a small IC2, BC and Redpower sever 24/7
    what i was thinking was only 10people on the whitelist then no more no cheats/spawning so a 100%legit sever and the 10 working on making a amazing IC2 city if any1 is interested let me know
    might even have a vlog of the city from start to fin and upload them up2 a youtube channel any input on this let me know

• i am thinking about hosting a small IC2, BC and Redpower sever 24/7
    what i was thinking was only 10people on the whitelist then no more no cheats/spawning so a 100%legit sever and the 10 working on making a amazing IC2 city if any1 is interested let me know
    might even have a vlog of the city from start to fin and upload them up2 a youtube channel any input on this let me know

Can i volunteer.

• i was looking for my old pc that i was going to use to host the sever and it dus not have a working graphics card in it so if i dont think it will be a free sever if i do start it a small 1time fee to start it up only if there is unuff people willing to pay to play on a sever like that.