1400 EU/T compact cooled by ice Noob friendly (no complex redstone system req.)

• To build this you do need 3 other mods to make it work EE, Logic pipes, and Buildcraft. I used Teleport pipes too just to make it look a little nicer but are not needed stone piping works just as fine. Only requires 2 reactor chambers. Here are some pictures and i will say a little more after.

Now to explain the image in the top left and right below it is the machine making my ice and it is poretty basic i have a mk1 collecter generating power to a condenser to make ice (which is the top right photo. I have a filter pulling that ice out and pumping it into a chest and it doesnt matter what type of chest it is any will do. The left middle picture is of provider pipes hooked up to my chest to supply ice to my reactor via a supplier pipe from the top of the reactor ( bottom right image). Now this reactor takes only 18 uranium cells you can do less but 18 is optimum i have found (bottom left image). This reactor set up will fill roughly 11 mfsu. My energy storage set up (middle right image). I do have the whole reactor chamber with running water except for the build craft pipe from the top and the HV x4 cable from the side. Any more questions just ask i should be able to answer them.

• 1400 EU/t from a 2-chamber reactor? Holy crap, that's awesome. At least for lowbrow n00bs like me that don't care how my energy is made, just that it gets made. Hope I can get this in before the nuke pros come along and complain how EE is TMI for people who don't want to feel guilty. Thank you, sir, now I hope I can find a way to change this to not need Logic Pipes.

• I think using EE is fine, but not realistic in some ways. Its up to the individual to decide.
    Apart from that, Im wondering, if your design is as noob friendly as you claim. With greater output comes greater risk, has in blown up yet?

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• no it has not. I have run it 5 times in a row and hasn't even started getting hot. was running 8 buildcraft quarry's at the time.

Edit: um to your answer about logic pipes you can set it up with a filter attached to your chest pumping out a ice block every .5 or 1 second i forget which it is with pnuematic tubes connected to your nuclear reactor i jsut use logic pipes because they are safer with the redstone timer getting reset when ever you log out and log in and if you use nei or some thing to change your realm time it can miss a ice pull and start a very slow increase if you miss to many. say you log out log in reset to mid day. where as logic pipe will compensate for that and pull out how ever many it is missing right then

• One simple question though:

Why even use a nuclear-plant if you could just create ridicolous amounts of charcoal?

Charcoal is 32 EMC, basic Collector is 4 EMC/s, so 8 seconds per Charcoal. Charcoal = 4.000 EU, meaning it burns for 400 ticks = 20 Seconds. So 2 Collectors could easily provide charcoal for 5 Generators.

Although this is not that much compared to a CASUC, there is no reason to run one. This 5 Generators provide energy for most machines, if not all and the only purpose of a CASUC would be UUM... but well UUM is only needed for Iridium-Ore which is used in Q-Suits, which is inferior to gemmed armor. So no need for UUM hence no need for a CASUC.

• Already built one like those in my world like 2 weeks ago, they run so dams fine now that ice is so cheap in EMC :D

true, i think it is under priced atm. to cheap to be realistic.

say one water bucket costs close to 900?
    the bucket is 3 ignots. 254 ea. you calc how much the water costs then....

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Hope I can get this in before the nuke pros come along and complain how EE is TMI for people who don't want to feel guilty.

Well now EE is more on the lines of duplication with massive amounts of energy and time than it is about turning one diamond into 3 diamond blocks within a hour. Now its just 1 diamond = 1 diamond.

Oh also that setup shouldnt work for longer than 6 mins without exploding :huh:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1o10101001501521s1r11r10

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• YA it would blow up if ice got put into it that slowly. you have it set for ece every 5 seconds. my logistic pipes put in one roughly every .5 seconds. so it actualyl can last around 80 cycles.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1o10101001511521s1r11r10
    and i choose to do this way because it is a quicker energy source then a whole bunch of generators. i need only 1 collector. and what other fun power source take thinking to make work with out it blowing up in your face i did not just randomly get this on first try this was my fifth nuclear reactor i made. and honestly even with out EE you can setup a automatic water bucket with logistic pipes and have it that way i again just choose the easier path of ice with EE lot less piping and hassle.

Edit: and honestly even if they did increase ice block emc in EE i would still do it this way just with more condensers just because it is so much fun producing that much energy at once with nuclear F'ing Power ^^

• AH ok

one question, How did you set up the supplier pipe? I cant figure out how to use those...

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• you have to have a provider pipe connected to the chest that has the ice in it then when you put your supplier pipe onto your nuclear reactor you click it while holding the buildcraft wrench in your hand the grey one. then you take one block of ice and right click to get the amount of that item. i did all slots 64 stack of ice.

• hm could possibly work have not tried it like that yet all it would come down to is if the logistic pipes could keep up with it if not then yo uwould have to do a redstone system

• hm could possibly work have not tried it like that yet all it would come down to is if the logistic pipes could keep up with it if not then yo uwould have to do a redstone system

They should be able to do this. Normal BC-Pipes can easily pump enough Ice into the system, and if you place Lava underneath the reactor the dropping ice-blocks won't cause that much lag (since they are dropping out even if using a rerouting, they aren't that clever as tubes in regards to this).

But I have no doubt that logistic-pipes should be able to do this. But they might not be necessary since even normal BC-Pipes are cabable of stuffing Ice into a reactor. With EE it should be easy to use stone-engines on wood-pipes to pull full stacks out of the chest.