[Schematic] IC2 Colony Ships - May 6th 2012 - Space Station Modules on the way (no pics just yet)

• It's all we could attribute it to - we didn't have a running nuke genny at the time and nothing else near the epicentre could have produced a boom that big. Think we overloaded it high voltage.

EDIT:

Meanwhile in the secret underground Colony Ships construction facility...

• I solved the issue with the conflicting IDs,but when I loaded the world I saw this:

Several chunks are "missing",the ground under the ships is stone but in these chunks it's grass,and whole ship parts have been cut off:

Do you think this has something to do with autoAssign being on in the RP2 config?
    Because that's how I solved the ID issue,turning it on.

• I'm getting the same thing on the original save file now.
    Think it's because those missing chunks had items contained in chests that MC didn't like, so it's regenerated the chunk.

My best advice at this stage would be to download the schematic files and place them one at a time into a flat creative map for repairs if you're desperate to use them.

I'll get round to repairing them with time and upload a repaired shipyard.

EDIT: K after some testing, this is the current situation:

MC eats ships it doesn't like. =]

The schematics will load "correctly" ONCE into world - the trick at that point is to make repairs in one hit and hope that MC likes what you've done.

If you didn't remove/repair the offending item/block, it will eat the chunk on world save and appear funky on reload.

Will have to work on one ship at a time I guess T_T

The good part is that the individual ship modules seem to pass the chunk test ok - with the exception of modules containing more complex machinery or ore processing.

The farm ship is a bit of a mystery to me though, there's not much on the thing.

I'd start by deleting the personal safes, reckon that's a big part of it.

• So, assuming Alblaka's latest blog comment isn't some kind of inception style joke within a joke for April Fool's Day, I guess the secret project leaves our Colony Ships in either an awesome pioneering position or at the very least a collection of interesting static objects for space dimension maps...

PS - please welcome the SS Boxer to the fleet. The boxer heavy lifter has been added to ships.zip and Blueprints.zip

Features:

- Made entirely from vanilla and IC2 blocks only
    - Both blueprint and schematic will behave properly if rotated

The Boxer is essentially an empty hull at this point, it's down to you guys to add the after market wiring and functionality. She's not as pretty as some of our previous work, but hey she's still got it where it counts! Next project likely to be that oil tanker I mentioned a while back...

Enjoy!

• I tried to import the schematics using world edit and got an error that said too many conflicts. what dose that mean and how do i fix it? :!:

Edit- nver mind i figured out that it was the spaces in the name, but all the red power and mod items are missing...

• 3 things to check:

1. Are you using the last version of MCEdit (the one that supports ANVIL world format)
    2. Do you have RP2 installed
    3. Have you checked your block IDs against the ones posted in the OP

That should fix most issues, but be aware that the older ships are causing issues since MC v1.23+

It's difficult keeping up with all the patches as changes to important bloc IDs breaks our ships =[
    Be prepared to have to do a little editing and re-schematic making in order to get it working as you want.

• i am not using would edit i have had very bad "misshaps" with it so i use the world edit CI, but they use the same file type with scematics, but thank you for trying to help me :D.

• Hey Turok. My name is Captainscar and I was planning on using your DropShips for a Minecraft Let's Play?
    I'll link the forum topic to the video so you can get more visitors to your topic/get more downloads.
    I was planning on using BC, IC2, EE, RailCraft and RP2.
    If I could have your permission to use your DropShips. That would be great! :rolleyes:

I'm one of the Admins on the Australian Hosted Modded Minecraft server known as solar-realms, you can check us out here
    You can also check out my builds here If you want help with a spawn on a server, you can send me a PM!

• If i might be so kind, Can i suggest walkways between colony modules? dead end, two way, corner, t section, and a 4 way?
    On top of that I know a game that uses colony modules similar to your build. Look up 'Outpost 2 forum'. The predecessor to it had a few things that might inspire you :)

• I got SDK's gun mod in. I'll import these, NEI some rocket launchers, and boom boom.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• No promises on additional adjoining corridor sections straight away, Alblaka's "Flying Mining Ship" competition thread has taken a lot of my interest... as has thaumcraft... and terrafirmacraft... and the feed the beast map ...and work is demanding it's wedge of my precious time too (the bastards).

I'm slowly getting the hang of the new RP2 release and it's implications (mind = blown).

Will likely get some kind of ridiculous new colony ship behemoth juggernaught underway in the near future.
    :3

• This work for 1.95?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I'M IN SPACCEE!!!!! Rocket science is planning to add a moon, so I could have a lunar orbit space station! :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!

• This work for 1.95?

Apart from the MFFS blocks disappearing from the map for good when it's loaded in MC, I've encountered no problems. Well, one...

There's a slight Toggle Latch rotation problem with some of the doors (every door facing a certain way) which completely disables the door and forces it open. Thankfully, all that needs done to fix this is bashing open the door mechanisms and re-rotating the latches just once, so that it realigns with the rest of the circuit, followed by a quick patch-up to the walls so that it doesn't look like you've done anything. Apart from these two issues, the ships have worked perfectly so far! I look forward to more soon.

• Yeah, sorry about the door issue - Red Power doesn't cope too well under rotations using MCEdit and a couple of engineering fubars occured =]

As I said at the time though, some of the ships are essentially fixer uppers, think of it as a free roleplay mechanic.

Glad to hear that people are still downloading the ship parts and enjoying them. I've been tinkering around with frames for the most part and have borrowed an excellent 6-directional engine design which is incredibly compact that I found on youtube. This has allowed the initial design stage of some small-scale mining ships.

Buildcraft 3.x appears to be able to handle frames constructions (although there is still the issue with which direction the builder is placed when it comes to red power microblocks like panels, covers and wiring) so should be able to upload some bits n bobs for Minecraft v1.25 that's a bit more functional soon.

Also need to check which IC2 stuff can be carted about on frames - I've heard about the stuttering powergrid issue already...

Anyways, back to building!

• ive been having a lot of trouble with this can you make a file that has all the mods, instructions for the mods and all the maps to help because everytime i try to use mods i fail and have to install minecraft again and also because i cant find a lot of the stuff

• Please tell me someone still has this ship/schematic

• This is soooo COOL! I am working on a bit of a project in a world of mine, and I am going to "use" this idea in it... I wont probably use the exact designs but I will make a "space station" for my central command post as well as my house. D: