Your favorite way of generating power that is not nuclear?

• Using BC, RP2 and an automatic crafting table and those wonderful power converters you can set up an automatic lava cell refiller in the nether. Obviously, find a lava source. There might be a couple there. Geothermal generator to converter running a BC pump, attached directly to the pump. This will feed it lava directly without needing those messy pipes.<snip>

except one doesn't really need IC2 power to do that. a BC pump will happily run on 4 redstone engines at a decent speed once they warm up.

• except one doesn't really need IC2 power to do that. a BC pump will happily run on 4 redstone engines at a decent speed once they warm up.

I already had 3 extra geo-gens so I figured I may as well make good use of them. :)

• I always start off with a generator and charcoal and a bat box then connect machines to the BB.

Then I start working of solar cells that I add to another face of the BB.

Eventually, I upgrade the BB ad machines to MCU, MFCU, and HV solar arrays.

In the desert there is no rain so building the main workshop at the edge of a desert is useful.

I have also used geothermal but the lava runs out.

I was just pumping the lava into tanks and then into the geothermal generators to get rid of the lava.

Each side of my power storage device is feed from a different type of power, but all of this is just to level out power supply until the solar is online.

Once I have solar online, I never run out of power and I never lose power.

I built an automated line that builds HV solar arrays from UU matter and fed the whole thing with HV solar arrays. Eventually, I was building a HV solar array in minutes and built a suit of quatum armor in 5 minutes from UU matter.

I don't see the attraction to nuclear. So complex and so volatile.

Nothing beats solar.

• Official Post

I'm using just IC2, solar seems nerfed from what it was 3 years ago. I tried making a small array; it couldn't keep up with my power needs, and I resorted to pumping the nether and using lots of universal cells. A BB and pump can pump 100-200 lava without needing a recharge, and 20-30 cells can refill in 30 seconds or less.

I go Nuclear because IC2 has no other major power source. It's expensive and can have major downsides, but what else can I do if I want to remain "IC2 only"? Lava would likely work, but I would guess 2-3 pumps in the nether would be needed for major construction.

• I guess I missed the big nerf to solar.

Started playing tekkit lite and just moved to tekkit legends

bout to go back to tekkit lite due to some issues with the generators not working right.

I had a group of 30 HV solar arrays running UU matter and suppied a HUGE factory and never ran out of power even at night.