[Suggestion] Fallout

• When a reactor goes foom or a nuke is detonated, I'd like to see a radioactive coating applied to everything in the area (and for surface blasts, applied to a much larger radius than the actual crater). I'm thinking something like the snow layer you get in Taiga biome. Like Tesla coils, you'd take some damage when you got with a certain range of the fallout blocks. Perhaps instead you could trigger a long lasting radiation sickness using the Hunger or Poison code. With a tip-of-the-hat to the Fallout game, Rad-X (rad resist potion) and Rad-Away (cures radiation poisoning) could be crafted. Using a Canning Machine to make them (instead of the Brewing Stand) would be more in theme with IC2 and give another reason to build a canning machine.

The fallout blocks would not evapourate nor be subject to destruction via explosion. In fact if it's possible, fallout in the area of effect of TNT would be doubled if there's room to place the extra blocks. The fallout blocks need to be shoveled up. You'd get "irradiated muck" which, like snowballs, you could combine to form "irradiated dirt" blocks. Into the Canning Machine and you get Radioactive Waste that looks like a 44 gal drum with a nuke sign on the side. Then throw the waste into a furnace and you'd get normal dirt block.

I appreciate that there are much higher priorities in the IC2 world but there y'go. My suggestion for the day :)

Xeno

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Range could make it a bit tricky, but getting hurt by stepping on them is easy. I never tried building masses of teslas, but I guess it could make problems.

If it behaves like snow it would be too easy to get rid of. A hard to destroy sand-block would be better (with gravity).

• Uninsulated cable and Tesla coils both have some way to detect players and mobs that are several blocks away. I'm sure that code could be used and can probably trigger any result be it direct damage or an affliction.

As to snow blocks vs sand, I understand that all blocks have a hardness setting which is what makes dirt easier to break than stone or obsidian. Snow is just a block that only has a small hitblock. I expect it's hardness is very slow. I wouldn't suggest that fallout blocks are as easy to remove as snow but you don't want it too difficult. The main thing I was going for though was the look. I think a greeny-brown snow-like layer over almost everything in a radius 10 blocks greater than the crater would look fantastic :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Uninsulated cable and Tesla coils both have some way to detect players and mobs that are several blocks away. I'm sure that code could be used and can probably trigger any result be it direct damage or an affliction.

As to snow blocks vs sand, I understand that all blocks have a hardness setting which is what makes dirt easier to break than stone or obsidian. Snow is just a block that only has a small hitblock. I expect it's hardness is very slow. I wouldn't suggest that fallout blocks are as easy to remove as snow but you don't want it too difficult. The main thing I was going for though was the look. I think a greeny-brown snow-like layer over almost everything in a radius 10 blocks greater than the crater would look fantastic :)

The difference in the behavior of snow and sand is that sand isn't destroyed if you destroy the block underneath, it just falls down and Fallout should do the same. I'm not sure how far uninsulated cables detection reachs, but the coil is 4 Blocks which could produce trouble with a large amount. Not much, but since some nukes could irradiate large areas it might cause trouble. Damaging things that step on it would be enough, maybe it could poison you (since inhaling contaminated air isn't the greatest idea), but no need to be too realistic.

• in my opinion if you really want this implimented, the best solution would be to make it look like neon green snow, when stepped on does "fire" damage, (possibly emit light), when shoveled off the top of a block or the block below is destroyed, then you'd get a Radiation Ball, which could be thrown for poison damage.

also perhaps combine 9 to make a Radiated Clump, then put that into a Empty Cell to make a Near Depleted Uranium Cell?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• now I know this is IC2 where uranium ingots are green and the whole world is just overall surreal, but seriously? NEON GREEN radioactive dust? I completely agree with the idea of the stuff just being a recolored copy of the snow block, but I think neon green is a bit much. Just have the stuff be grey and be done with it. No need to give people a headache with your "neon green radioactive waste"

• agreed, neon green colour? wth dude... what have you been smoking? uranium?

and the overal fallout idea has been suggested before and denied by alblaka..

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• The thing about green uranium, and green radioactive waste, well, lets just say that popular culture gets a TON of stuff totally wrong. Hence, we kinda have to keep with it, rather than making uranium yellow.

• The thing about green uranium, and green radioactive waste, well, lets just say that popular culture gets a TON of stuff totally wrong. Hence, we kinda have to keep with it, rather than making uranium yellow.

yellow CAKE is yellow, it is simply a dust which has a bunch of uranium precipitates in it(correct me if my chemistry is wrong). If anything, uranium dust is grey, because the metal itself is grey. Only uranite is green and that is from where the "green uranium" rose

• yellow CAKE is yellow, it is simply a dust which has a bunch of uranium precipitates in it(correct me if my chemistry is wrong). If anything, uranium dust is grey, because the metal itself is grey. Only uranite is green and that is from where the "green uranium" rose

Hmm, Interesting.. I suppose that is just more confusion for everyone. I didnt realize it was that complex, lol.

• The thing is gray colour cannot be "pollution" sign. You need some bright for this. Light glow green is ideal even if not realistic.

• The thing is gray colour cannot be "pollution" sign. You need some bright for this. Light glow green is ideal even if not realistic.

how is a very odd and out of place blanket of grey colored snow covering what is obviously a blast crater not a sign of radioactive pollution/fallout?

I'd much rather have an aesthetically pleasing grey snow rather than an ugly neon green snow.

• I do not like grey aesthetic.
    And game industry have some code colours like health-red, mana-blue, poison-green, radioactive-glowing lite green.
    I'm personally do not want yellow snow in any game.

• I do not like grey aesthetic.
    And game industry have some code colours like health-red, mana-blue, poison-green, radioactive-glowing lite green.
    I'm personally do not want yellow snow in any game.

Heh, true. You do tend to have to follow the established color coding, even through it does not match reality.

Oh, well, as long as you dont have any dogs in the game, I suppose yellow snow is out.

On an unrelated note, we ought to add fire-hydrents to the game, as a recreation toy for wolfs, lol.

• I see where you're coming from, but you gotta see that those things that you listed, they appear in small amounts.
    With this fallout, we got a neon green blanket covering an entire chunk.
    Honestly, I don't know a workaround. Either gray is too bland, or neon green is too eccentric or out of place.

• agreed, neon green colour? wth dude... what have you been smoking? uranium?

and the overal fallout idea has been suggested before and denied by alblaka..

neon green is just a signification of radioactive matieral or a radioactive area. incase you were unaware, uranium is a Silver to grey metal that oxidizes into a black material. in real life uranium is never green, the only thing that causes green is the radiowaves and floresent lighting combined around uranium. so yes, fallout should be a glowing neon green/yellow color.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG