Reactor planner version 2

• After several attempts to get breeder reactor tracking sucessfully into the planner I finally decided to scrap the whole thing and start again, learning from the complications I encountered in the first version of the applet.

Here it is!

This is on a temporery url for now, I intend to replace the older planner with this one when I'm sure it's safe to do so (old links will still work)

This planner has (hopfully) better breeder/SUC info as well as individual cell info and can also be downloaded and ran standalone.

Edit: Is the new planner missing a piece of useful info?

• Initial and not Initcail.
    I dont get how the SUC options work Seconds per Ice Block, shouldnt it be Ice Blocks per second?
    That standalone thing is not working for me.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Initial and not Initcail.
    I dont get how the SUC options work Seconds per Ice Block, shouldnt it be Ice Blocks per second?
    That standalone thing is not working for me.

- Joy, I need to do a typo hunt
    - I'm guessing you've not seen the checkboxs next to the SUC options
    - Odd, is it erroring or have you not got java.exe to automatically run jar files?

To manually run the jar you can have .bat file with: java -jar IC2ReactorPlannerV2.jar

• Maybe you can try compiling an .exe for starting the applet, like Minecraft does.
    Another thing, you said it is a temporary url and it is quite a long one, i have a shorter url you can use on my ftp. I can make you an account there.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• I can't really say how awesome this is. Thank you a lot.

Standalone thingy working for me.
    But there are some things that could improve it even more. I like old tab-style for info little more, simply because it is faster.
    Also you could make additional button right next to the reset, which simply resets reactor and fills it with coolant cells. I'd find it very useful since i always start creating design that way. I even keep this.

• Typos swated, yay

raGan: I thought about your idea and came up with this.. Ctrl-clicking on any item on the section bar will fill all blank slots with that item. Does that seem good enough?

About the reason for switching to a combobox instead of tabs is that there's not space limitation on the combobox, allowing

me to add more info panels if the need arrises.

• My normal CASUC reactor (xgtexgns49y0b3o80sz6vvap8bktwxetkj3i5id1c6bk0) is a Mark 2, which should be mark 1. But wow, great interface and lots of information as usual.

• Haven't checked it yet. Just wanted to thank you very much for making and sharing this with the community. I know how many of my brain cells avoided an early death because I could use your tool instead of trying to calculate :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• My normal CASUC reactor (xgtexgns49y0b3o80sz6vvap8bktwxetkj3i5id1c6bk0) is a Mark 2, which should be mark 1. But wow, great interface and lots of information as usual.

This is due to the fact the Ice is all processed on the grid before the uranium cells. This means the first tick will not consume ice but still generate heat, the delayed start makes the ice's overall cooling 1799.97 per tick and thus the design is given a Mark II rating. Placing the ice at the bottom of the reactor will fix it.

I'm ponding making the planner ignore some data from the first tick, because of this.

• Official Post

Looks like when you do the higher speed scroll on the sliders, when you click on the rest of the bar, not the selector, if you just click it quickly, sometimes it wont update the number properly. Easiest to tell on the reactor chamber slider, but as far as I can tell its on all the sliders. Otherwise, the new planner looks really clean and nice.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• May I suggest that the maximum water for a single core reactor be reduced to 25? The current max of 26 does not allow for a power cable.
    I suppose Breeders might not use a power cable but it'd be a rare breeder that surrounds it self with 26 water, I suspect.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Very nicely done. Enjoying it.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Ctrl + click sounds great, and i guess I'll be able to survive that (damn) combobox.

Edit: I noticed you can only ctrl-click fill reactor only if empty. Can that be redone ?

• Fun fact for OS X users (maybe Windows too?), if you hold down command + shift and mouse over the applet, it'll draw a window title bar, where you can click and drag the window out of your browser and it's now separate from your browser. No need to download and run the applet manually. When you're done, you can close the applet, and it'll appear back in your browser, I think only if you keep the original page open. Works in Safari and Chrome, unsure about other browsers. Ultra handy.

• I am liking this, I can set up with lava heating and air cooling like I do in game instead of having to fudge heating to match my air lava combo.

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!

• Ok, feature requests.

Finer tuning on the initial heat setting. Instead of a 4 interval slider, ideally it would be a smooth 10k ( interval 1) slider, though I'd be happy with 10 (1k intervals)

The next 2 feature requests kind of tie in to each other.

The one that would benefit more people would be an output for timing suggestions for mark III+. Minimum, maximum and 80%*, effective EU/t for each. Minimum has heat generation set to 1s, then cooling the minmum # of seconds to hit 0. Maximum is heat generation the way it is now, until critical or melted parts, then as long as it takes to cool off completely. They have different EU/T, Minimum is lower but much easier to set up. 80% is .8 * (Maximum timing's eff eu/t - Minimum timing's effective eu/t) + minimum timing's effective eu/t as your target effective eu/t and find the minimum timing interval that gives at least that. I wager 80% will usually be fairly close to minimum and show you how much returns you get on increasing complexity of your timer. This will promote designs where cooling is a factor of heat generated, or just over.

The next feature suggestion requires the previous. It would be a toggle for starting heat, changing it to average target heat. Setting this to say 9k for breeding would then tell give you the same above options, but include starting heat for each to maintain that average heat during operation. Cooldown time would be excluded, as breeding does not occur.

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!

• raGan: The Ctrl-click should fill all blank slots. If you want to fill the entire grid then Reset it first?

_Tim_: It seems not everyone has that fun lil feature, atleast not me in Windows + FF.

gorzak:
    - A finer heat bar would be dobable Edit: Init. heat slider now goes up in chunks of 100 heat, v2 design codes made prior to this point are now invalid due to a wider datarange (blame gorzak ;) )

- The generation/cooling down times are a ratio, as long as you do the same to both timers you get the same EU/t.
    Example: A 120 EU/t reactor running for 60 mins with a 30 mins cooldown (80 effective EU/t) ..
    now halve those times: 30 mins on / 15 mins off (still 80 EU/t)
    minimal times: 2 secs on / 1 sec off (still 80EU/t)
    Although I will see if I can squeeze another slider in, for those who don't want to do the maths. Edit: slider added

- I'm unsure what you mean with the last idea, the planner already displays the amount of 'top-up' lava needed for pre-heated designs that cooldown over time even when generating. (In the Breeder info panel)

• The cooling power of air around the reactor is 1/2 per air block? I thought it was 1/4. Every time I move the air slider 2 up, I get 1 extra cooling. Is this correct?