Suggestion: Redstone-coated cable insulation / Redstone doped paint.

• Found nothing similar via search or compendium, so apologies if I missed it.

Name:
    Redstone-coated cable insulation / Redstone doped paint.

Describtion:
    Not sure how possible this is, but the basic idea is to allow cable insulation to be either doped or coated with redstone, or add a redstone doped paint, which would also allow glass cables to be redstoned. This would allow this cable block to carry, in addition to EU, a redstone signal to adjacent redstoned wires or redstone-able blocks.

Recipe:
    Several potential methods, rubber+redstone = redstone insulation, insulated cable+redstone = redstone insulated cable, apply redstone with rightclick, new cutter mode or redstone painters* (painter+redstone+optional dye).

Example use:
    Reactor connected to MFSU via redstone insulated cable. MFSU set to emit when full, which will disable reactor until there is room in the MFSU.

* Granted, this would require doubling the number of painters, and deciding wether or not this could be applied to CF blocks, but makes the most sense to me.

• Official Post

So you mean like the RP-Redstonetube carrying Redstonesignals and Items but with electricyty and Redstonesignals instead. That is a good idea and i think easyly codeable.

I'm waiting for the ultimate "Blutric Redstonetube with bundeled Cabels, Waterproof Pipes and Electricitysupport with Covercompatiblity", so i only need one block thick enwireing and can hide it in a Wall, just to say. But that would need too much Modcompatiblities so i can forget it.

You had a good Idea. Should be introduced to IC².

• Almost posted same redstone dye 2 days ago, but decided that it was too rough.

I believe that there are no need in much new collors. We need only one redstone dye, which will be painted in parallel with any existent dye and do not replace it.
    Signal distribution: from/to color1RScable to/from other color1RScable, to/from clearRScable, to/from surrounding blocks, but not to/from color2RScable.
    Visual: enabled/disabled contrast red stripes under color spraying.

Will twice ease redstone use with ic2. And it will be justified addition to RP2 pipes, not concurent to them, since it will allow to move rs signal in existent EU cables and will be CF compatible, but in same time will allow more convenient using rs in case if RP2 is not installed at all, as soon it allows compact, vertical and hidden redstone providing.

But my opinion, redstone sucks on SMP anyway. Albalaka lured me with AlbOS fantasies. But it looks like it was abandoned for unknown reason.

• I believe that no need in much new collors. Need only one redstone dye, wich will be painted in parralel with any existent dye and do not replace it.
    Signal moves: from/to color1RScable to other color1RScable, to/from clearRScable, to/from surrounding blocks, but not to/from color2RScable.
    Visual: enabled/disabled contrast red stripes under color spraying.

Will twice ease redstone use with ic2. And it will be justified addition to RP2 pipes, not concurent to them, since it will allow to move rs signal in existent EU cables and will be CF compataible. But in same time will allow more convenient using rs in case if RP2 is not installed at all, compact, vertical and hidden redstone providing.

Apologies if I misread anything, I think you're saying redstoning cables would work as an additional flag on them, separate from colour? If that's the case that's great, and I believe would reduce extra items to one (redstone painter).

As for signals being able to be separated by cable colour (RP insulated wire style?), neat if possible, but i'l be happy even if it just behaved like redstone dust.

• I suggested a month or so ago redstone cables like the rp2 redstone tubes. Alblaka responded "No, I'm not going to copy another mod." and locked the thread. Classy :)

Interestingly, Eloraam is on the record as saying she doesn't have a problem with people copying. http://www.eloraam.com/?p=218
    She speaks specifically of how IC2 and RP2 have copied each other and says "it’s worth noting that the back-and-forth there has made both mods better."

Personally I think cables capable of carrying EU power and a redstone signal would be wonderful things. They'd make wiring Tesla coils much, much smarter and resource efficient. Also it'd make sense to be able to shunt the "MFSU full" signal back to the Reactor core down the same cable that feeds it.

I do hope Al and the team reconsider this idea.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Found your post (eventually), so apologies for the repeat suggestion.

Dudes, RS cable dye != RS tube, feel the difference.

And it will be justified addition to RP2 pipes, not concurent to them, since it will allow to move RS signal in existent EU cables and will be CF compatible, but in same time will allow more convenient using RS in case if RP2 is not installed at all, as soon it allows compact, vertical and hidden redstone providing.

• alblaka isnt that active lately, i think becouse he is busy coding for the 1,2 release...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• alblaka isnt that active lately, i think becouse he is busy coding for the 1,2 release...

that would be F***ing magnificant! i've been uber excited about playing the new IC2 stufff like crops and everything else added since MC1.0.0 and now that there are jungles and cats and all this other stuff... it's like christmas to me. lol

now back to the OP: i highly agree with this idea, maybe we should be able to make 1 or 2 colors into Redstone dye, even if it's just Red and Blue dye. in my opinion that's all you'd need if you set it up right, this would be very usefull in more compact systems like running a redstone signal down a fiber wire for putting Induction Furnaces against it so that it forces them to stay on all the time. you could also use this to shut down several things at once on seperate lines if done right, unlike the current Detector cable.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Maybe this redstone wire can be used like magnet wire for new transformer recepies

what would we need new transformer recipies for? as it is many people don't even use the HV transformers.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Maybe this redstone wire can be used like magnet wire for new transformer recepies

Not sure I understand. The idea behind this is either a paint, or a coated insulation to allow a cable to also conduct redstone.

now back to the OP: i highly agree with this idea, maybe we should be able to make 1 or 2 colors into Redstone dye, even if it's just Red and Blue dye.

Do you mean give red and/or blue paint the ability to carry redstone signals? Could work, would save having to make an extra painter. The "how" I'm not too fussed about, more the "can it be done, and if so, will it be done?"

• Official Post

A good use for this is with detector cables and splitter cables.
    For example:

Whenever a machine or storage request energy and activate a detector cable, it sends redstone signal to the adjacent cables and that redstone will trigger a splitter cable connected to a Mass fabricator.
    (IF MFSU is not full Mass fab WONT receive any energy)