Ore generator

• Ok soo i thinked about changing ore generation metod to add ore veins wich will be bigger that standart ore about 2-6 times bigger (in random) soo you could find 24 ore in one spot but of course it wouldnt change diamond ore generation
    Also for better balance other ores would be much less generated (they would be easy findable as always but only with 1-2 ore)

I have seen modes like this but! they create a madness like in one spot 1000 iron ore and on other piece of the map you cannot find iron even with xray
    i would like if this would be placed in ic or if our great Alabaka thinks it is usless please someone teach me where i can find ore generation (i have basic knowlage in scripting soo i will create my own mod)

Also if you can balance my idea and you think somethink would be better please write it in here

• If you could ever find someone to keep updating Ore Trees ... I'd say just use that...

But then again, we have UU Matter for a reason...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• If you could ever find someone to keep updating Ore Trees ... I'd say just use that...

But then again, we have UU Matter for a reason...

My target to make my server more realistick not spoiled with resourses wich everyone have a lot
    UU rules)))) :thumbup:

• i used BuildCraft's Auto-Crafting Tables and UUMatter to make an Ore Factory, it's currently powered by my 12 nuclear reactors feeding into a large wall made of MFSUs for 1billion storage unit.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Yep maybe somethink like this but with IC and RP ores too

I downloaded and installed it two hours ago on my Tekkit 1.1.4 and its fucking awesome, especially the extremeconfig. :thumbup:

Oh and it contains Lava, Tin, Copper, Uranium and Apatiteveins too! :D

Geothermal is now good in the normal world, and these veins are so goddamn huge that i can mine at one for a long time.
    I got nine Stacks of Coal and i've not even touched the core!

Thank you mijnboogje for showing me that piece of awesomeness.

• youre verry welcome ;) thats why i stalk these forums :D
    also, did u notice the reduction in caves? makes hard dificulty even more fun :D

edit: coming to think of it. it might be an good plan to ask the developer of this mod to be allowed to implement this.

not in these extreme forms, but just small branches and motherloads. next to the normal configuration of ore spawning. it might be an nice surprise to find one of those in an mining expedition.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i'd agree with this idea if their rarity wsa about the same as a ravine. mainly alittle more rare.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• good plan snootchy, can also be easily done. the oreveins mod can be altered at wil using the config files.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Yes i noticed the less caves (i've read the description) and also i noticed less vanillatrees in forests so i can find the IC²-Rubbertrees much easier. With Rei's Minimap and its Mobradar it's much easier to find Caves in SSP (Mobradar is ever disabled in SMP). And there are so few Caves that building a Mobtower/Mobgrid or whatever is much more lucrative (more Mobs because of less Caves).

Actually while playing two hours with this Mod i found: An Uranuimsource, An Ironsource, A Tinsource, A Coalsource in a Mountain (where i actually am) and two Apatitesources. With the Lavasources in this Mod is Geothermal much easier to realize, even if the Nether is still better.

I like the Idea of travelling far to get Resources. This gives a new economical reason for War. 8o

If i want to get the Resources like in the good old Time, then i'm going to the Nether, because of the Netherores-Mod.

As you saw i've put the link to it into my signature. :thumbup:

• I like the Idea of travelling far to get Resources. This gives a new economical reason for War. 8o

this is one thing i REALLY liked about the new Iron Golems defending towns, occassionally i go on Raids and kill all the iron golems in a town with only iron armor, diamond sword, and a few arrows :D makes it alittle funner to collecting Iron Ingots, and you can bet i'll be using these and Cats to guard my house :D

• Oh mercy, what horrible grammar....

Otherwise good.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• i'm hoping that everyone can get their mods up and running with MC1.2. instead of 1.1. i'm loving the new jungle biome and cats.

• Official Post

Why did you told them that!?!

The OD-Scanner is only available if you have found Iron, Copper, Tin and Redstone and if you have build a Portal or found Gold.
    For the OV-Scanner you need also Lapis. So basicly you must be at Midtech to build it.

i found every vein except Lapis Lazuli and Diamonds with Oreveins. Iron, Coal and Apatite are often visible at the surface in Mountainbiome.
    i also found three Uraniumveins, two Ironveins (one is on the Surface) and four Coalveins.

I've waypointed all the reachable veins with the Color of their Ore, because i cannot mine all of it at once.

• lol, if i found one of these Veins i could just put a BuildCraft Quarry over it and smile as i watch it all get harvested into my warehouse or make a small compression factory next to it to compress it all into blocks for transport.

• Official Post

lol, if i found one of these Veins i could just put a BuildCraft Quarry over it and smile as i watch it all get harvested into my warehouse or make a small compression factory next to it to compress it all into blocks for transport.

Ehhhhhm, "one" Quarry? I don't think one is enough for these Ironveins or Coalveins. IC²-Miners are much faster and harvesting as much ore as a standardquarry, so set 4-9 of them up and you've harvested all the Ore quite fast.

Actually, i've found double as much as i've marked on that map, but still no Lapis or Diamond. Now i'm quite rich. :Industrial Credit:

With these Ore-Mods you can sell other Players the Location of the Ores they need for horrendous amounts of money/resources. :D