[Suggestion] Iridium Block

• i had posted this in a joint post with several other ideas but this one seemed to be the only one people posted about, so this is to suggest/confirm the innovation of Iridium Blocks, these would be made from 9 iridium Ores and are completely blast proof to nukes, reactor meltdowns, and everything else. they would be a pearly white color and mainly used in the creation of a compact, blast proof reactor chamber. that way you could put a reactor in your closet / basement and it not be bigger then your vacation home in the woods. or you could just make these blocks to build a pretty pearly white house to shield yourself from your "nuke happy" friends.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• It should use 4 iridium plating around a reinforced stone block IMO. Either you have the resources to produce silly amounts of UUM for invulnerability, or your admin cheats them up.

Question, What is required to remove it?
    Mining laser?
    Wrench dismount?
    Diamond drill?
    How about Pistons?

• Iridium block when hit by big explosion blocks all damage, but "decays". [turn into a different block] decayed block when destroyed by drill drops damaged iridum block that can't be reverted to plates/ore

After 5 explosions it gets destroyed.

Hmm, I wonder if that can be done with a single block ID.
    I think it can.

• Balancing issues with ur idea. Currently trade-o-mat (18 wood and 9 iron) and safe (9 wood, 10 iron, 3 cooper, 6 rubber) are totaly blocks nuke. So ur recipe must become cheaper, or this items must be nerfed.

But i not like using one another hard block for it either. Prefer some forcefield, time for tier 4 vanilla force field engineering and nano-fussion things, and albos. But we got crops. So lame and so sad.

• Balancing issues with ur idea. Currently trade-o-mat (18 wood and 9 iron) and safe (9 wood, 10 iron, 3 cooper, 6 rubber) are totaly blocks nuke. So ur recipe must become cheaper, or this items must be nerfed.

But i not like using one another hard block for it either. Prefer some forcefield, time for tier 4 vanilla force field engineering and nano-fussion things, and albos. But we got crops. So lame and so sad.

Safes and Trado-o-mat don't block nukes.

And BlockIDs should be no issue anymore, but might be also possible with Metadata. But I would still make it a bit easier.

State 1: Iridiumblock

Incredible Blast Resistance, and if hit by a big explosion (Nuke) it turns to state 2

State 2: Damaged Iridiumblock

Still the blast resistance, but can be mined for 1-3 Iridium-Ores (since you need 4 plates, you only get back parts of the ressources, could also drop plates directly). If hit by an explosion it turns to reinforced stone.

State 3: Reinforced Stone

Behaves like it normally does. Could be mined and used in crafting again.

Thats rather simple and should work quite well. If you want to remove Iridium Blocks blow it with a nuke first to weaken it :P

• well i was thinking using this method as storage as well as a building material. so it'd be preferable to also pull it apart like you do an Iron Block, Machine block, Ect. if i ever got an excess amount i'd probaly make a little house out of it on a beach. also, i'd probly prefer it not to really take damage so that you could use it for utility purposes as well. also, it would be able to be moved by pistons so you could engineer a door our of it in the reactor room so that you have no weak spots. or if you wanted to make a pressure plate trap to nuke a hallway made of this stuff to deter looters.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

Those two are supposed to not be used as building materials, also they dont block nukes explosions but dont get destroyed by those.

• Whats the advantage of iridium blocks if they decay after every explosion? I would rather use reinforced stone then since i have to replace them anyway and reinforced stone would be tons cheaper. Just make them indestructable to explosions. It can never be op since nuclear reactors are not op and the cost and tier requirement doesnt allow them to be spammed easily without cheats.

• would be incredibly easy to implement as well if the recipe was just 4 or 9 iridium ores. that balance if left up to ya'll as a vote. 4 like wool and clay, or 9 like iron, gold, and diamond blocks. i'm kind of thinking since they are a actually usable building material now then 4 iridium ores (no diamond) would make a iridium block.

• Those two are supposed to not be used as building materials,

No one care.

also they dont block nukes explosions but dont get destroyed by those.

I tested it 5 minutes ago and it totaly blocked nuke again.

• well, apart from using "cheats" and building walls from materials beyond their intended use, iridium would be a nice way to not only store my exccess iridium, but to put it to good use.

• wow
    a craftable bedrock with nice texture
    +1

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• Got this idea for removal, in essence it would be like bedrock BUT one of the faces of the block will have a Circle or something in where you can use the wrench to remove the block kinda like with transformers. The wrench MUST aim to this special face otherwise it will do nothing (It will not move it if you aim the block in any other face).

That way you could keep the face to remove the block inside the building, making it practically unbreachable.

A second idea would be to apply some EU per block to make it gain bedrock properties.

• we could set this up as a wrench removal item i suppose by setting up a texture or a red dot on one side, OR it would be mined with a diamond drill and would take as long as obsidian to harvest.