2. No. (4) 17%
    3. Dont care. (1) 4%
    4. Lot of work, little benefit. (2) 9%

Say, we have a painters. And we have a new recipes like:
    + + + =

+ + + = ?

+ + + = ?

etc.

With this textured painters we will be able to paint CF cable wall block with some custom textures:

It would be usefull for hidden eu-wiring in non-CF environment.

• Official Post

It's a bit like the Texturechanging of IC1-Cables to hide them in a Wall. All the diffrent actual cables (including CF-Cables) are one block-ID.

if we are now adding the possibility of texturing these Cables then it wouldn't need so much code or work, as most people think. It would need only let's say 7 bit of Metadata (can contain 128 Block-IDs) and a TextureID-Map (because not all textures are valid, like Rails) to say, which Texture of Vanilla MC or IC² is used.

Now to the Problem of that: Your recipe for the Painter is a bad Idea because it would need a large amount of recipes to cover all the usefull Blocks.

My solution would be, to craft a bunch of colors (8 Colors because some of them can be mixed to get another colors) together with the Painter, to get a Paintkit. With this Kit you could paint 32 CF-Walls with one Texture, which you are select in a GUI.

This GUI is opened if you rightclick into an empty Area (i mean into the Air) or if you Leftclick. A Rightclick on a CF-Wall would repaint it if the Color/Texture, you selected is not already there.

Oh, and i've voted "Yes", because i could need it.

• Now to the Problem of that: Your recipe for the Painter is a bad Idea because it would need a large amount of recipes to cover all the usefull Blocks.

I counted 7 items. All in topic. May be add obsidian there, total - eight. I dont consider that this is a lot. Who gives more?

How much covers does RP2 Wiring give us?

• Official Post

I counted 7 items. All in topic. May be add obsidian there, total - eight. I dont consider that this is a lot. Who gives more?

How much covers does RP2 Wiring give us?

I thougt these were examples.

I think, Eloraam has an automated Covercode-creator (that was the reason behind the Glassjacketed-Wires-Bug, which were removed manually), so she only has to input the BlockID and BAM, she got all the covers, panels and jacketed wires, she need. I hope IC²-Blocks will be included. soon.

• so basically something like IC used to have called the Cable Obscurer or something like that? except you specify what it changes it to? that would be interesting in making them alittle more hidden/ compact, or we could make it so you can spray cables with CFoam and then paint the CFoam to look like other blocks and still make it explosion and fire resistant.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• My solution would be, to craft a bunch of colors (8 Colors because some of them can be mixed to get another colors) together with the Painter, to get a Paintkit. With this Kit you could paint 32 CF-Walls with one Texture, which you are select in a GUI.

This GUI is opened if you rightclick into an empty Area (i mean into the Air) or if you Leftclick. A Rightclick on a CF-Wall would repaint it if the Color/Texture, you selected is not already there.

No GUI needed really.
    Use Paintkit on any block to select texture. Only solid block textures copied. Change itemname if possible. Use it on CF-block to paint. Drain "durability" when used. Leave empty Painter.

• This way i would use it on Glass (predicted Bug), but yes that would not require a GUI.

lol, like you'd be able to Texture Paint an entire CFoam Wall as Glass to have explosion proof glass that transmits EUs? :D i love it! lol, sounds alittle OP though but for that much efforts i'd do that to my entire house for windows and just cinsider it "Excessively Thick for Durability Fiber Opitc Wires"

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Glass can be excluded if not wanted. Anyway I doubt it is solid as torch has special behavior on it.
    Better think about Diamond/Gold looking blast proof house. ;)

• lolz, i'd so make an Iron Block looking blast proof house. then it's atleast make sense.

• Never tired of wondering how easily any simple and clear idea can be distorted and overcomplicated.

lol, that's the point of forumns :) to help developers by tossing it to the masses of their fans to pick, pull, agrue and finally create a innovative, balances, recreational use of an invention. this is the process of general Democracy for approval of an idea. check and balances with a touch of Research and Development :D

• Wow, the old cable obscurator from IC1. I put it on the survey's "items you want coming back" question for that exact reason.

toss up a link and i'll gladly vote.

• thank you sir for the link, complete!

• i'm not sure if you'd even really need 16 more, although it would be cool if some of the common Wool Blocks could be added (white, black, blue, red, yellow). this way you could Troll Greifers that try to burn down your house made from "wool" lol

• Official Post

Hmmm... CF Foam memorizes it's color based on metadata. Metadata is full with the 16 colors.
    Earlier i would have said no, but with the extended block IDs, i could spare another ID to provide another set of 16 possible textures.

And how are Cables memorizing it? 1 Tincable, 2 diffrent Coppercables, 3 diffrent Goldcables, 4 diffrent Stellcables, 2 Specialcables and combining them with CF, Colors or colored CF makes a full set of 384 diffrent Metadatas. That seems a bit overfilled in comparsion with the 16 Colors of CF, huh. So, why you need new more BlockID's? Oh, and Eloraam has 65535 possibilities for her Microblocks.

I hope you are not gonna wasting BlockID's like Notch, even with the new Limit (Setting the configs for all that Blocks is hard and stupid work).