Suggestion: Minecart Chain

• before anyone says it... no to downloading RailCraft.

all i'd like if a chain that i can use to make 1 minecart "follow" the other for industrial and storage uses. these could be used to specify the led train cart and the secondary train cart, and then could be chained in a line of like 12 carts to make either a cargo train for transporting supplies or players like a Subway System.

maybe have the recipe 3 Refined Iron in a vertical line.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Yeah, i'm the first viewer and i say "download Railcraft". They have fixed the collisionbug of furnacecarts, so you can use them to push your carts. Also Furnacecarts are now stronger then in vanilla. And before i forget, whats about Boostertracks?

• Something I'd love myself, but apparently connecting carts is either incredibly hard to do or nobody can be bothered trying. At least that's what the many many requests on other forums would indicate.

"download Railcraft"

While RailCraft is a great bit of kit and has a heap of useful stuff, it still doesn't offer a solution to the problem here - we can't make trains. Edit: Now we can link carts!

• Yeah, i'm the first viewer and i say "download Railcraft". They have fixed the collisionbug of furnacecarts, so you can use them to push your carts. Also Furnacecarts are now stronger then in vanilla. And before i forget, whats about Boostertracks?

well i used to used Booster Carts, before Notch fixed them and would use them to create a long train for 8 players to go together to a specified location using my "Launching System" but now even using Gold tracks it's hard to get them all to follow behind each other and have a constnt pace without crashing into each other from even the smallest amount of lag for trips that are like 1,500+ blocks. back when their were booster Carts right after Lapis Lazuli was added i had a 18 minute long train ride to a new area of the map where we were capable of finding lapis, this way we could send everyone at the same time and not worry about players coming at our "train" head on and causing us all to walk back.

the only reason i might download railcraft is if they have a cart that can go infront and pick up or plow through all those annoying items in the tracks like cobble and arrows that skeletons conviniently shoot in the tracks to stop you.

i miss the old Booster Carts, i even engineered what i called a "PEZ Booster" that could launch an infinate amount of carts in quick secession. it could launch 2-3 a second at full speed, that is how i launched the players out of the Train Station in order.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• there was a bukkit plugin that let you form trains with vanilla carts. perhaps they should add cheaper eu powered copper booster rails? or they can breakdown and solve linking trains, Or they can ignore us

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• i think the easiest solution is to write a code that will allow minecarts to "Follow" one another like animals do when you hold wheat. imagine giving minecarts a personality, the lead cart would be Wheat and the second minecart would be like a Pig wearing a saddle, and when you push the Lead cart, the second cart follows it, then you can chain them by handling the "Pig cart" a piece of wheat for the one behind it to follow. ect. then you set them all on a golden minecart track, turn it on and give a light push to the "Wheat" cart and all the other's would chase after it an launch. i'm sure this would be fairly complicated to a modder who has never done something similar.

• I used Traincarts back on my 1.8 Bukkit server with IC2 and Buildcraft. It worked flawlessly. It looks like the plugin is still actively being developed.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/traincarts/

interesting i'll look into it when i get home, Firewall at work is blocking your link.

• Cart chaining currently cannot be done without basefile modifications. Railcraft even has a few carts in its todo list which are waiting for cart chaining support.

yeah i figured you'd have to alter some of the Minecarts file and basically give it an entirely seperate AI :(

• new robocart mob?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• new robocart mob?

lol, in the end it might just be easier to make a "Minecart" that would automatically follow another minecart. maybe with this as the recipie? using 1 Refined Iron, 5 Iron, and 1 Cuircut.

:Refined Iron:

:Tin Ingot: :Electronic Circuit: :Tin Ingot:

:Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot:

the refined iron is simply a Hitch to attach another minecart on to and when you place then just hold M and right click the minecart you want that one to follow?

• Latest RailCraft now allows cart linking, just rightclick with crowbar. Had a quick stab at it and managed to get a steamcart to pull an empty one round a loop for a while, and linked 3 empties together to push manually with no problems. Haven't tested linked carts on powered/rc rails yet, but it's progress!

interesting, let me know how it goes and anything that is really unique, i might consider adding it to my client to check it out.

• So far it appears corners and powered rails confuse the hell out of linked carts, corners can strip almost all momentum from the train and powered rails work when they feel like it. Trains moving too slow appear to bounce against themselves and dance backwards and forwards along the track.
    For long straight 'a to b' runs with the basic rail, I've had no issues so far. A single furnacecart can pull a train of 8 empties at what appears to be full speed.
    Clearly a work in progress and quite a way to go, but it's a huge leap forward from what we had earlier!

• IC won't go into the direction of minecarts in regard of person transportation.

could also be used in mass trnasportation of item via Storage boxes, or maybe even make a MFSU version of a minecart, not sure how these would release or charge energy but these could be a way of allowing players to transport large amounts of energy without the overpowering convinience of simply carrying 1 billion EUS in their inventory.

• or maybe even make a MFSU version of a minecart, not sure how these would release or charge energy but these could be a way of allowing players to transport large amounts of energy without the overpowering convinience of simply carrying 1 billion EUS in their inventory.

RC now has batbox/mfe/mfsu carts, energycart detectors and charge/discharge blocks. Direwolf20 has a spotlight up on the new changes, but it was made before cart linking was added.

• RC now has batbox/mfe/mfsu carts, energycart detectors and charge/discharge blocks. Direwolf20 has a spotlight up on the new changes, but it was made before cart linking was added.

indeed. but thing that i dont like and like at same time that its hard to make rails :D