[IC2 1.109] SeedManager v3.0.2 - Taking the hassle out of agriculture.

• Aha! Sounds like something changed a bit between Forge 318 and 351. We'll have to build a new version for that. Thanks for the report, Altaree.

• I've released 3.0_pr3 and updated the link on the previous page. The notes have likewise been updated.

Aside from the major issues noted, this build is working very well, and should be safe to use with IC2 1.106 or 1.107. I've got a couple more GUI upgrades planned, along with the infrastructure to support them, and then the release, so if you spot any issues not listed above, please report them!

• This doesn't work for 1.108?

Entirely correct. We haven't updated our build environment for MC 1.4.2 yet, though I suspect it won't be a massive jump. We're still getting the bugs out of the current system. Please be patient, and read the updates to find out when a 1.108-compatible version shows up.

At a guess, I would expect it this week, unless the great god Murphy decides otherwise.

• Hi,
    i just installed your mod and i like it ^^
    but i have a problem

is there an option to search for an crop in the libary? (without having a seed bag for that crop)

i found some new crops (i just startet to farm ^^) and put them in the libary so the seed analyzer startet to identify them.
    but i can't search if there is some new crops in the libary because i cant just search for the seed where i have a bag ^^ (and i have ~250seeds in the libary...)

how can i find them? take all seeds out an search? or is there an alternate way?

Greetings
    Novae7

ps: i use the 3.0pre3

• how can i find them?

That's the biggest issue I want to address before 3.0 final. I'm still pondering how to solve it, because as you've noticed, it's not really doable right now.

I also want to set it up so you can copy filters between multiple libraries, somehow. I'm thinking something like 10 persistent save slots and a drag-to-copy interface for moving filters around.

• Busy. I've been keeping tabs on this thread--gave thought to replying to the spambots, but couldn't come up with anything sufficiently witty. I've been helping my friend Narc with LiquidUU, we've been refining mcp_deobfuscate as we go, I've got a new project with a lot of deep Minecraft magic going on (codename Wustendorf--you might find more if you look hard enough), and Narc's got his own new project that I crystallized the idea for yesterday and will be heavily involved in (I'll let him give details on that one, if he likes). Oh, yeah, and somewhere in and around all of this, I'm trying to polish off my resume and find a "project" that actually earns money! Fun! :S

Anyway, the latest 3.0 pre-release has been out for a bit, and I haven't heard much from the peanut gallery. So, thoughts? Points to consider:

• At this point, I could basically dump out an "as-is" release or pre-release for any version of MC/IC2 since 1.3.2. It might take me half an hour to get a suitable build environment and work out the major "things changed under me, this sucks!" kinks, but that's not much effort coding-wise.
    • A full release would take a fair amount of additional time (on the order of an hour or so), as the original post here needs renovation. On the other hand, it would also get additional attention, which is a nice thing on multiple levels.
    • There are still two "showstopper" issues that I'd love to clear up before 3.0-final, but a look at the version log will show you how long it's taken me to manage tooltips. Namely, the machines have a fixed orientation (they can't rotate), and there's no way to select seeds of a type that you don't have handy. I'd also like to do a revamp of some filter management stuff and make the IC2 wrench stop giving you non-stackable (and different-looking) versions of the machines, but those are lower on the wishlist.
    • If I do a full release right now, there's going to be a big warning on it about "You probably shouldn't update from a previous version... but here's the closest approximation of 'safely' if you want to anyway:". I *think* I know how to make the upgrade seamless, but I literally thought of it just now, so I'd have to test it to be sure.

As far as I'm concerned, the best option looks like it's to drop out another pre-release or two for whatever MC/IC2 versions people are actually using (which means I need feedback on what those are!). But I'm open to other opinions at this point, because my mind is seriously too occupied with other projects to weigh all the factors by myself.

• Narc's got his own new project that I crystallized the idea for yesterday and will be heavily involved in (I'll let him give details on that one, if he likes).

I do like, thank you. We were hashing around Buildcraft and RedPower in the context of LogisticsPipes and what LP doesn't do quite right for us, and we ended up breaking the idea down to something that looks more than just doable, it looks FUN (and not in the Dwarf Fortress sense!). Specifically, it turns out an LP-style system needs about three parts (and probably some ancillary stuff we haven't thought of yet): pipes (dumb pipes, no branches allowed), servos (these form the intersections and also do pretty much all the work in interacting with machines), and a routing system.

The interesting part about that last one, the routing system, is it's not really anything that exists in the world proper -- it exists aside from the world. We could write a routing system in Java and basically reimplement LP or something of the sort, but... there's this very clever mod called ComputerCraft that implements Lua in Minecraft! And it would be interesting to write your own routing system (or just use someone else's, the CC forum has plenty of smart people willing to help).

So, hey, another item transport mod. Because clearly, with Buildcraft, Redpower (eventually), Railcraft, GregTech, and the Minecraft 1.5 update soon, there aren't enough of those around. But it's promising to be fun. We'll see if people enjoy it or not.

• I'll probably drop out a prerelease for that tomorrow, then. It sounds like RichardG is going to be fixing my wrench problem before long, and I got a new lead on how to make the machines rotate nicely. That's brought 3.0-final several steps closer than it was a few hours ago.

• At this point, I could basically dump out an "as-is" release or pre-release for any version of MC/IC2 since 1.3.2. It might take me half an hour to get a suitable build environment and work out the major "things changed under me, this sucks!" kinks, but that's not much effort coding-wise.

You fool! You've doomed us all!

Murphy's Law of updates: The updates you expect to be easy are the most painful.

I'm almost there, but the GUI handling has changed somewhat, so I need to shift things around (or something like that) so that the tooltips update properly and the sliders can actually be used.

Bleh. It'll be another day or two, sadly.