[IC2 1.109] SeedManager v3.0.2 - Taking the hassle out of agriculture.

• Beta, heck, I'm calling it a release. There's more I'd like to do, but that stuff can have its own damn version number.

Anyone on one of the pre-releases, do note that upgrading to 3.0 is mildly dangerous. SeedManager blocks in your inventory may not be the same block that you remember, because I switched around damage values again to make the upgrade seamless for non-bleeding-edge users. On the other hand, a little use of NEI (or simply placing them in the world beforehand) fixes this quite nicely.

Enjoy the release, guys.

• Latest 3.0 release gives me this on the server logs on start up.

• I have this error in the log:
    2012-12-05 15:15:09 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 29870 item slot already occupied by ic2.common.ItemCropSeed@4c1ea0c3 while adding org.ldg.seedmanager.ExtendedCropSeed@6ecc893f

I will assume it isn't intentional and remap.

EDIT:
    Ok, nothing about this item is IC2.SeedManager.cfg. Guess I can't change it. Just need to bump the block ID above 255 to reserve space for world spawn blocks.

• I have this error in the log:
    2012-12-05 15:15:09 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 29870 item slot already occupied by ic2.common.ItemCropSeed@4c1ea0c3 while adding org.ldg.seedmanager.ExtendedCropSeed@6ecc893f

I will assume it isn't intentional and remap.

EDIT:
    Ok, nothing about this item is IC2.SeedManager.cfg. Guess I can't change it. Just need to bump the block ID above 255 to reserve space for world spawn blocks.

You can't change it because it's supposed to conflict. ExtendedCropseed is a subclass of ItemCropSeed that adds a few small capabilities to it. (Currently, the final line of the tooltip and seeds being available in creative mode.)

• Official Post

You can't change it because it's supposed to conflict. ExtendedCropseed is a subclass of ItemCropSeed that adds a few small capabilities to it. (Currently, the final line of the tooltip and seeds being available in creative mode.)

You can remove the Error-Log by removing the original Seed-Item from the List, before adding your Seed-Item, so that there is no "Conflict".

• Just released another small update, mostly to fix a minor exploit where a LiquidUU accelerator would show you the seed's statistics before you paid the UU cost, meaning you could see all your seeds' statistics for free. I also did a couple small tweaks for creative mode, because getting test seeds has been really annoying.

Haven't gotten around to addressing the "conflict". I'm also not in a hurry, because this makes all of two people who've noticed to date.

• Hey the fm_seedmanager_anim.png isn't being pulled from hd texture packs.
    edit: seems they just didnt reload with f3+t it works still :D

Also a bug if you unplug the scanner mid operation the animation will never stop.
    Also I swear to god the seed database thing keeps switching orientations on me. (confirmed, go a long distance away so its chunk unloads and it will change orientations, upon saving and loading with the chunk loaded it stays oriented correctly though).

Also the texture pack for sphax is updated.

• Seems it conflicts with atomicstryker's power converters mod and crashes MC at start up. Crash report in spoiler.

• Also a bug if you unplug the scanner mid operation the animation will never stop.

If you're referring to using a wrench on it, that's a limitation of IC2 1.109. Supposedly, RichardG was going to add an API for getting the correct block with a wrench, but I haven't checked yet to see if that happened by 1.110.

Also I swear to god the seed database thing keeps switching orientations on me. (confirmed, go a long distance away so its chunk unloads and it will change orientations, upon saving and loading with the chunk loaded it stays oriented correctly though).

Sounds like a deficiency in the orientation-sending. Do you see the same problem with LiquidUU? Narc's using a similar method to mine (vice-versa, actually), so that'd be useful information.

• If you're referring to using a wrench on it, that's a limitation of IC2 1.109. Supposedly, RichardG was going to add an API for getting the correct block with a wrench, but I haven't checked yet to see if that happened by 1.110.

I believe that's what Richard did. Unfortunately, the API change broke pretty much every addon that adds machines (then again, that's to be expected).

• If you're referring to using a wrench on it, that's a limitation of IC2 1.109. Supposedly, RichardG was going to add an API for getting the correct block with a wrench, but I haven't checked yet to see if that happened by 1.110.

Sounds like a deficiency in the orientation-sending. Do you see the same problem with LiquidUU? Narc's using a similar method to mine (vice-versa, actually), so that'd be useful information.

By unplugging I meant breaking the cable. If you break the cable going to it (it runs out of power) while its processing the animation never stops on the block.

As for the orientation yes the bug also happens with liquidUU. It only happens with the library, the seed analyzer maintains proper facing though. The liquidUU accelerator switches orientations.
    It seems to be unreproducible in other worlds though...

• That's quite odd. I don't suppose you happen to have any signs in the area? In theory, they use an identical method, so you'd see something like the sign being empty when you re-enter the area.

More info that might be useful:

• Did anything special happen to those specific blocks? (portal/gravity gun comes to mind)
    • Does the problem continue if you remove and re-place them?
    • Have you tried placing them at the same coordinates in a different world?

Having the world itself to poke at might also help. Is it small enough that you could upload it somewhere? If not, it's possible to figure out the specific region file(s) for its coordinates, which would be much smaller.