[Suggestion] Yes, again it's me with a Silversuggestion

• Official Post

Now is the best time to add Silverore to MC, because after the 1.2.3-Update, we all have to start new Worlds, and new Worlds = newly generated Landscapes, so why not adding Silverore at that time?

If you add Silver it should be much more rare as the Redpowervariant, because Eloraam generates too much Ores of any kind.

If you still dont want to add it as ore, then you could make a Silvercrop, which drops Silverdust (that you already have in IC²), and a Silveringot to have the smelted one. And a Silverrecipe for UUM would be usefull then.

Edit: look at my other Thread to know what it can be used for.

And again everyone, who complains Silver does not belong to IC², gets shot, because that is obviously a suggestion to ADD it to IC², while it's possible!

• all the other metal crops have an ore block under them to grow how do you propose to have a silver plant without an ore block?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• easy
    1. you can't collect the oreblock without magic and this is a tech mod
    2. redstone isn't metal
    3. cause i'm awesome

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• What should silver then be used for?

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• What should silver then be used for?

there is already a recipe for glass fiber cable that is preferred by everyone that uses silver

• Official Post

easy
    1. you can't collect the oreblock without magic and this is a tech mod
    2. redstone isn't metal
    3. cause i'm awesome

1. You can plant it on natural Redstoneore.
    2. "Ore" means that it IS Metal (at least in chemistry it could be a metal)
    3. Oh shit i have no argument against that! 8|
    Edit: You are not Barney Stinson, so you cannot be awe- ...wait for it... some. :D

Edited Mainpost to show uses for Silver.

• I think its been proven several times that real life science doesn't apply in minecraft.
    diamonds, coal, and lapiz all also have an ore block but they are not metal. its metal if there is a uum recipe for its ore block.

i'm not saying a silver crop NEEDS an ore block i just want to hear how you will pull it off.

• Now is the best time to add Silverore to MC, because after the 1.2.3-Update, we all have to start new Worlds, and new Worlds = newly generated Landscapes, so why not adding Silverore at that time?

Wrong. I think. Isn't there a converter? Any how, I would love o have silver, we just need more uses for it.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• maybe silver and gold can both be crafted in to a more generally termed medium voltage cable? silver and sand to make soul sand? silver wire can be used to bridge fiber and gold wire? use silver in a machine output slot upgrade? use silver in super fuel? [insert silver reactor component here?]? use silver instead if tin in mixed metal ingot to get 3 instead of 2?

• Official Post

maybe silver and gold can both be crafted in to a more generally termed medium voltage cable? silver and sand to make soul sand? silver wire can be used to bridge fiber and gold wire? use silver in a machine output slot upgrade? use silver in super fuel? [insert silver reactor component here?]? use silver instead if tin in mixed metal ingot to get 3 instead of 2?

Alblaka: This.

• Official Post

All possible, though not a single of them has a realistic background, afaik, and, even more important, don't exactly seem to be useful for IC. As in, worth to spend time implementing on.

Damn. You had taken the better Quote.

Oh, and that cannot be so much time to implement that. I mean adding a few Recipes, one new Ore, one new Ingot and maybe one new Cable. I was a non-MC-releated modder myself, so i should know that.

But I finally lost.

• Becaus you dont like coffee! :D

• tin, gold, and silver are all what are called "white metals" IRL

so how about a white metal crop that can randomly produce tin dust(40% of the time), gold dust(20% of the time), or useless silver dust(the rest of the time)? the crop grows on tin or gold ore. we can always recycle the silver dust.

• tin, gold, and silver are all what are called "white metals" IRL

so how about a white metal crop that can randomly produce tin dust(40% of the time), gold dust(20% of the time), or useless silver dust(the rest of the time)? the crop grows on tin or gold ore. we can always recycle the silver dust.

Nice idea as i say. it could have uranium ore underneath but its imposible to take it. so maybe uranium block? :D still no use for it :D

Do you know that Coffee causes more damage to your Brain than LSD. And coffein is a drug, and i dont take any drugs at all.

Aside from that i've agreed to the Coffeethread, because i'm not Steve, lol.

I was just joking :D i know that it isnt good :D