[Suggestion] hover mode

• Could you change the hover mode to be more hovery(i.e. stay at fixed height)? or maybe add another mode so one can freeze in the air at certain altitude and stay there until fuel runs out? 'cos right now, aside from preventing fall damage, hover mode is not very useful. You can't build or mine with it, since you continue to bounce up and down(unless you hit a block with your head)

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• Official Post

Hover mode is meant for landing purpouses. Or for travelling through caves. Mining midair is always disrecommend, alone because of the x2 time it takes to mine stuff.
    If i need to mine something on a ceiling, i usually hover up, mine 2 blocks in the wall and then drop there for mining the ceiling.

• i use hover mode to explore underground caves, ravines, and abandoned mineshafts its allot easier to keep track of where you are if you don't have to pull multiple 360 spins to find your staircase or ladder. so yeah the jet pack isn't as useless as you think also you should try dynamite mining you can just swoop down and pick up the drops

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• so its exploration only, huh. It is very useful in the Nether, no doubt about that. And exploring caves is also good stuff. Its just that after you get :Quantum-Leggings: :Quantum-Boots: it is easier to explore with them than with jet pack. And mining with exploding laser projectiles. And building with scaffolds. Glad to know that at some people keep on using the jet pack after they craft it. For me its a dust collector :)

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• when you live in a flying industrial craft city the jetpack is basically the only ascetically pleasing way to cover that distance. alblaka please raise the electic jet packs flight ceiling ;(

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Or more jetpacks :)

the Nuclear jetpack :P russian style! nuclear power for all

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• nuclear jet pack sounds perfect :D lets see unless it ran off depleted cells it should have a very long flight time. what should the altitude performance be like? and how should it be refueled? (canning machine? mfe? put in reactor and breed it?) would the need to protect you from its powerful forces make it decent as a piece of armor? how should its hover mode behave?

• nuclear jet pack sounds perfect :D lets see unless it ran off depleted cells it should have a very long flight time. what should the altitude performance be like? and how should it be refueled?(canning machine? mfe? put in reactor and breed it?) would the need to protect you from its powerful forces make it decent as a piece of armor? how should its hover mode behave?

i was trying to make an joke, are you serious? having an nuclear reactor on ya back? it would pulse massive radiation throu you, killing you within an day.

but stil, if u like the idea. i wont stop u from working it out :D goodluck, il be watching ;)

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i stand next to my normal reactor(listening to it go "click clickclick click") all the time and i'm fine radiation is just a myth

• i stand next to my normal reactor(listening to it go "click clickclick click") all the time and i'm fine radiation is just a myth

ROFL, try running it at 10k heat :P like my breeders do...

i wont continue this, i dont like starting flame wars :P

• flame wars is where we start insulting each other and calling each other out for malicious intentions so unless your very subtle and i'm very dense we are not headed in that direction. assuming it can be made light enough and stay safe enough the concept behind any nuclear powered means of flight is simple(ITS FLOWCHART TIME!)

[Uranium]---applies heat to---->[air, water, or anything that expands rapidly when heated]

and the expanding gasses are directed out the back producing thrust it is the same as the normal jetpack but instead of exhaust its super heated air

• instead of super heated air, it would be super heated water.

uranium - boiler - water cells - boiling water storage - instand blast of steam power! how bout that?

• because of the way minecraft physics work its probably best to either avoid water as fuel like the plague or assume all ic2 tech where water makes sense has a built in infinite water supply (the only exception being watermills)

EDIT: actually we can fuel it with cooling cells its explains fuel, safety, and thrust medium all in the same package that fits in a canning machine :D

EDIT:EDIT: can an item keep track of 2 fuel sources? i mean there still needs to be fresh uranium added eventually

• hmmm agreed. then what do you suggest for using?

maybe continue this on an other thread? as it is an new jetpack type ;) you may have the honour of suggesting it :P

but since it is an advanced jetpack, how about implementing an use for iridium? maybe just one iridium plate, or 2. to transfer heat from uranium - propelant

• ill suggest it then. iridium would make sense for for protecting steve from heat and radiation(though its still a myth)

• ill suggest it then. iridium would make sense for for protecting steve from heat and radiation(though its still a myth)

great, il reply as soon as i see the thread pop up

• Or you could always use sticky explosive if you dont mind the controlled mess.

i actually found with enough practice using sticky dynamite you can precisely shave walls and ceiling, i used about 50 stacks of it to perfectly shave out my 40 by 40 by 20 room. just takes practice on the corners and sometimes the placement of a cobblestone.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

actually since iridium is the second densest material known to man it should be one of the best radiation insulators.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG