[Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) - Incredibly outdated, GT offers automation now.

• Okay, if you could give me some help, spwnX, that'd be nice. I've read through the math on your post and made a tower, and I understand that occasionally wind mills dont produce any energy, but I've had a tower running for a few minecraft days without any power from it? Did i do something wrong or should I just be more patient?

Okay, if you could give me some help, spwnX, that'd be nice. I've read
    through the math on your post and made a tower, and I understand that
    occasionally wind mills dont produce any energy, but I've had a tower
    running for a few minecraft days without any power from it? Did i do
    something wrong or should I just be more patient?

What cable type are you using?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm using tin then at the end of the tower I have a MV transformer like he has, turning the ULV-current into Mv to reduce the amount of packets. After the transformer its glass fibre, down to my :MFS-Unit:

I'm using tin then at the end of the tower I have a MV transformer
    like he has, turning the ULV-current into Mv to reduce the amount of
    packets. After the transformer its glass fibre, down to my :MFS-Unit:

Yeah sorry, this isn't really my area of expertise

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I'm using tin then at the end of the tower I have a MV transformer like he has, turning the ULV-current into Mv to reduce the amount of packets. After the transformer its glass fibre, down to my :MFS-Unit:

Actualy my MV transformers get ULV packets and transform into HV packets (by redstoning it with a lever).
    And can you take a screenshot of your tower?

Probably you either obstructed your tower too much, or placed highest wind mill at wrong height.

• I haven't seen magtubes mentioned here yet. When I built the item-handling system in the lair on my server, I decided to use them pretty much everywhere. The last time I built a system like this (big factory & storage area, tubes EVERYWHERE) magtubes weren't in yet, and the lag was noticable when even a moderate number of items were coming in.

This one, the magtubes get stuff out of the system so fast, my frame quarry can dump every block in a chunk into the system in the space of 5 minutes or so with no lag at all. And that's with a factory recirculating overflow. The accelerators don't take too much blutricity, and the tubes themselves are just copper, obsidian, and glass, which I normally have too much of, anyway.

• I gave it a redstone signal with a lever like you said just now. It's generating a bit of power but not as much as I'd expect. I have the highest wind mill at 181, like said in the post.

• I haven't seen magtubes mentioned here yet. When I built the item-handling system in the lair on my server, I decided to use them pretty much everywhere. The last time I built a system like this (big factory & storage area, tubes EVERYWHERE) magtubes weren't in yet, and the lag was noticable when even a moderate number of items were coming in.

This one, the magtubes get stuff out of the system so fast, my frame quarry can dump every block in a chunk into the system in the space of 5 minutes or so with no lag at all. And that's with a factory recirculating overflow. The accelerators don't take too much blutricity, and the tubes themselves are just copper, obsidian, and glass, which I normally have too much of, anyway.

Yeah, I love magtubes. I use them to send the stof from my forestry farms which are moderately far from my house (like 80 tubes to connect), over to my sorting system. They work really nice, and I have a crap ton of copper, and an obsidian generator in the nether, so theres no real harm.

• I guess I just needed to give it a bit of time, it filled up my energy loader (i made a really awesome-looking house and a wind tower would eh, not look so nice so i'm using railcraft + portal gun to move the eu to my base) in about 8 minutes, so hah, thanks anyway. But jeez I used a lot of resources on this thing, lol

• Official Post

I guess I just needed to give it a bit of time, it filled up my energy loader (i made a really awesome-looking house and a wind tower would eh, not look so nice so i'm using railcraft + portal gun to move the eu to my base) in about 8 minutes, so hah, thanks anyway. But jeez I used a lot of resources on this thing, lol

As i can see you just had some back luck with wind.
    Well, your wind tower should generate about 106EU/t average.
    Considering wind average wind 15.
    wind varies from 0 to 30, and it is coded to keep (most of the time) average winds (10 to 20)

I congratulate you from making one wind tower legitely following my tutorial.
    Now making the following ones will be easy =D

• Yeah, wind powers sooo underrated. So many people say "wind sux" or something along those lines, but hah, I love wind mills. As for the part about doing it legitly, yeaah, my uu gen is just 16 geogens in the nether so I used practically all my iron on it.

• Official Post

Hello, potential Coworker of GregTech Intergalactical,

Today I will show you the Blueprints of my newest Invention, the "recursive Autocrafter"!

You may know similar Stuff from that Logisticspipescompany, but this modular Design is completely Based upon Redpower and Tubestuff! Finally we are able to autocraft things on request, without having to use the rusty old Buildcraft!

The GregTower2 can already produce the following Stuff on request, with this System:
    Cobblestone (Cobblefactory, which works on request via Regulator)

Log -> Planks
    Planks -> Sticks
    Sticks+Redtone -> Redstonetorches
    Tin -> Tincells
    Brass+Glass -> Tubes
    Pistons, Filters and Retrievers (i need much Retrievers)
    All the Logicgateparts, except tainted Siliconchip and Plateassembly
    Red Alloy -> Redwires

Cobblestone -> Smoothstone (Yes, smelting is also possible)
    Smoothstone -> Stonewafer
    Sand -> Glass (because Sand is also needed for Wafers and TNT)
    Iron -> Refined Iron

Silver+Nikolite -> Blue Alloy (Yes, even the Alloyfurnace)
    Copper+Redstone -> Red Alloy
    Siliconwafer+Redstone -> Reddoped Wafer

I will explain the Blueprints on Tutorialpage 4.

• If you have/can figure out a way to check if there are items in an inventory(example, in the top slot of a Recycler) with RedPower 2, then I can completely remove BuildCraft from my list of mods to install(would still install forestry, because forestry is awesome). I've been using gates and cobble structure pipes to detect if there is cobblestone in a recycler inventory, and if there is not to send a redstone signal which gets inverted and connected to two filters. One filter pull any scrap out of the recycler and another pulls 64 cobble out of a chest and places it in the top slot. I had to NOT gate the redstone signal so that when there wasn't any cobble it was like a pulse of redstone. Here are two pictures to show you what I mean:

• Official Post

If you have/can figure out a way to check if there are items in an inventory(example, in the top slot of a Recycler) with RedPower 2, then I can completely remove BuildCraft from my list of mods to install(would still install forestry, because forestry is awesome). I've been using gates and cobble structure pipes to detect if there is cobblestone in a recycler inventory, and if there is not to send a redstone signal which gets inverted and connected to two filters. One filter pull any scrap out of the recycler and another pulls 64 cobble out of a chest and places it in the top slot. I had to NOT gate the redstone signal so that when there wasn't any cobble it was like a pulse of redstone.

You want to pull Cobble, out of a Cobblesource (lets say a Chest, or a Cobblegenerator with Outputchest like in my Base), as soon as the Recycler gets empty, or has too few Cobble, or? Thats very easy if you have Tubestuff installed, and a little bit more complex, when you only have Redpower.

With Tubestuff you place just the Retrievulator-Retriever-Combo (exactly like with my Autocraftsystem) on the Top of the Recycler, set it then to 64 Cobble and connect the Tube to the Cobblechest. And then it works (as soon as you power the Retriever with Blutricity, of course).

With Redpower only, you can detect Content with the Regulator. Just place it on the Top of the Recycler (facing upwards), put 64 Cobble in its left Slot and 1 Cobble in its right Slot and as soon as the Recycler has less than 1 Cobble it will stop emitting a Redstonesignal. So you need a NOT-Gate and maybe a Pulseformer for the Filter of the Cobblechest.

Is it really possible to install Forestry without having BC installed? I know the Liquidsystem is Part of the BC-API, so there is no Problem, but the BC-Energysystem too? That could be quite instressting. :D

• Oh okay, that makes sense. I'm not well versed at the newer RP2 machines(Regulator specifically) so I didn't know you could use it that way. And I'm pretty sure you can install forestry without BC, but I would have to test it. Even if you couldn't, I can still eliminate LogiPipes from my install once I start my 1.3 world. No sense in restarting now considering none of the good mods are updated yet.

I'll also have to use TubeStuff in my next world, many good looking things in that mod.

Also, the reason I'm only using one recycler(seems pretty dumb right?) is because I have ten overclockers in it(extreme late game power, I can auto craft nuclear reactors and reactor components, so I'm not hurting for power), so it goes through cobble stone like it's nothing. Then I pull out the scrap and put it into a chest, then it gets crafted into scrap boxes and used as Massfab Amplifier(a la GregoriousCore, thanks a lot for that, I also am using Silver Circuits and Bronze Pistons now) which is powered by 128 wind mills, three nuclear reactors, and two MV Solar Arrays that all together produces roughly 348 EU/t.

• Official Post

Also, the reason I'm only using one recycler(seems pretty dumb right?) is because I have ten overclockers in it(extreme late game power, I can auto craft nuclear reactors and reactor components, so I'm not hurting for power), so it goes through cobble stone like it's nothing. Then I pull out the scrap and put it into a chest, then it gets crafted into scrap boxes and used as Massfab Amplifier(a la GregoriousCore, thanks a lot for that, I also am using Silver Circuits and Bronze Pistons now) which is powered by 128 wind mills, three nuclear reactors, and two MV Solar Arrays that all together produces roughly 348 EU/t.

The Massfabamplifier is now Part of Core-IC² (since 1.102 according to Changelog), but i'm too lazy to remove it now. :D

Regulators are awesome. I just added a few to my Storage, one hour ago, to give me an accustic Signal (Noteblock), whenever i have not enough raw Materials in my Storage. Btw i added two Blackholechests (Infinite large Chest from Tubestuff, which must be enabled in the Config) to my Storage. One for Sortingoverflow, and the other one for storing Resources, which are exclusivly needed by my Autocraftingsystem.

And i'm waiting for Immibis, to fix that stupidly strong Redstonesignal from the Retrievulator (So you cant place Retrievulators adjacent to each other), before i add the following to my Autocraftinglist:

Sand (Cobblemacerator)
    Charcoal
    Retrievulators
    RP-Buffers
    RP-Relays
    RP-Transposers
    RP-Brassingots
    RP-Siliconwafers
    IC²-Coppercables
    IC²-Circuits
    IC²-AdvancedAlloy

• Sand (Cobblemacerator)
    RP-Siliconwafers

Huh? How are you going to re-use the handsaw after crafting the wafers? Used saws don't have the same meta-value as a fresh new saw, I think.
    The only thing that I can guess is the mod of OPness

or the Thaumic Restorer, but that would probably take tons of space for the system to pull out handsaws, place them into the restorer, pull it back out and back into the Autocrafting Table Mk.2
    There's also the matter of the vis conduits.

• Official Post

Huh? How are you going to re-use the handsaw after crafting the wafers? Used saws don't have the same meta-value as a fresh new saw, I think.
    The only thing that I can guess is the mod of OPness

or the Thaumic Restorer, but that would probably take tons of space for the system to pull out handsaws, place them into the restorer, pull it back out and back into the Autocrafting Table Mk.2
    There's also the matter of the vis conduits.

I already added Handsaws, Siliconwafers and Sand to my System. I'm already able to autocraft Nuclearreactors and (Industrial) Diamonds! And i have enough Diamonds, to just create new Handsaws, instead of repairing the old ones. (And the thaumic Restorer doesnt work on Handsaws)

And the ACT2 is able, to use the complete Handsaw, which than has just to be replaced every 1500 (i dont know exactly, how long that saw lasts) uses.

My Autocraftingsystem is working much better, than Logisticspipes, and its sometimes even less expensive (just: Retriever + Retrievulator + a few Tubes + the Machine, with which you are Crafting/Smelting/Macerating/Extracting/Compressing/...).