[Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) - Incredibly outdated, GT offers automation now.

• OK, I apologize for being the ignorant dumb f*ck. :cursing:

It would seem that when I upgraded from TMI to NEI (hey, it gets useful sometimes :whistling: ), my SSP map somehow cleared itself of some BC addon pipes. I didn't use many of them, but the lack of the ones I used caused some of the Forestry fermenters to run dry of water, consequently stopping the production of biomass which crapped up some machines causing the pipes to spill items on the floor. Sh*t, some chain reaction. 8| Anyway, as this was only a very small and insignificant part of the whole system, it didn't cause lag big enough to notice instantly, but it caused the framedrop I described. :thumbdown:

So yeah, I fixed that, adding some recycler overflow protection for good measure, so that it shouldn't happen again (and goddamit, I have to finally upgrade from pipes to tubes X( ). Then I stopped the cobblegen, which almost instantly (once the tubes cleared themselves of the debris) increased the framerate to the value it was before this whole mishap. Conclusion--wind towers are lag-free. Woohoo! :thumbup:

And maybe I shouldn't brag about it, but in order to decrease the lag caused by many blockbreakers in my cobblegen, I used immibis' TubeStuff Duplicator to generate the same amount of cobble the cobblegen was producing. Heck, it may be called cheating, but it doesn't require 40 block breakers to operate and instead of ~40 cobbles traveling down the tubes constantly, I get a neat stack of 40 every few seconds. And besides, let's face it. Cobblestone generator doesn't require any additional resources anyway, so the purpose of this solution is purely to eliminate lag, not to cheat... much. :whistling:

Yeah, I'm just excusing myself, aren't I? :P

Anyways, thanks for all your invaluable hints and explanations along the way. They, and your whole guide, helped me greatly. :thumbup:

• Official Post

It would seem that when I upgraded from TMI to NEI (hey, it gets useful sometimes :whistling: ), my SSP map somehow cleared itself of some BC addon pipes. I didn't use many of them, but the lack of the ones I used caused some of the Forestry fermenters to run dry of water, consequently stopping the production of biomass which crapped up some machines causing the pipes to spill items on the floor. Sh*t, some chain reaction. 8| Anyway, as this was only a very small and insignificant part of the whole system, it didn't cause lag big enough to notice instantly, but it caused the framedrop I described.

Quote from Eloraam

Buildcraft, lawl

I like how Eloraam said that. It explains BC perfectly.

And maybe I shouldn't brag about it, but in order to decrease the lag caused by many blockbreakers in my cobblegen, I used immibis' TubeStuff Duplicator to generate the same amount of cobble the cobblegen was producing.

As long as you destroyed the original 40 Blockbreakers (just to sacrify the Cheat), i see no Problem for that.

• Hey Greg, you may have another popular duo of mods that requires Buildcraft (Only for automation) you may want to either kill with fire or make a hayoish expansion to kill: Forestry and Railcraft. If you can tell us, does Forestry/Railcraft work with RP2 tubes or do I have to hook up a Buffer directly next to it's machines on the side I want to input to?
    Also, Sneaky Pipes. Do you have a hayoish RP2 addon/feature to do better than that mod?

• Official Post

Hey Greg, you may have another popular duo of mods that requires Buildcraft (Only for automation) you may want to either kill with fire or make a hayoish expansion to kill: Forestry and Railcraft. If you can tell us, does Forestry/Railcraft work with RP2 tubes or do I have to hook up a Buffer directly next to it's machines on the side I want to input to?

If IC² wouldnt crash when i dont have BC3 installed, i would've reinstalled Forestry (it works without BC). And with Waxcapsules you can also automate Liquidtransfer.

Relays can be used to get the Output of the Forestrymachines, and Railcraft has since its Machines are HUGE, a very good compatiblity to Redpowers Itemtransport. (what i cant say about BC)

Also, Sneaky Pipes. Do you have a hayoish RP2 addon/feature to do better than that mod?

Filter + Timer does exactly that if i'm right bout that Mod (I have only Direwolfexperience about it)

Edit: I added a simple ICE-CASUC-Design

• Thanks for the tutorial, SpwnX, used the compact version of your wind farm model in an SMP server, have 19 towers so far and more under construction, all legit. Just have a question, the topmost windmill is at 223 but couldn't the towers be made taller/higher without risk of damage? May have calculations wrong, but from what I understand:

Obstructions on each level (except bottom two) = 13

Obstructions currently in effect for each topmost windmill = levels of obstruction * obstructions per level - tower we're checking
    = 7 * 13 - 1
    = 90

Obstructions currently in effect for each bottommost windmill = 5 levels of obstruction on and above current + 2 levels below - current tower
    = 5 * 13 + 2 * 2 - 1
    = 68

From what I understand, power = weather multiplier * wind speed * (y - 64 - number of obstructions) / 750
    For max power of 5, max wind speed and thunder:
    5 >= 1.5 * 30 * (y - 64 - number of obstructions) / 750

So, fiddling around with this formula we get:
    Obstructions needed to avoid damage >= y - 64 - (5 * 750 / 1.5 / 30)
    >= y - 64 - 83.3 (approx)

For topmost windmills:
    = 223 - 64 - 83.3
    = 76 (rounded up)

For the bottom ones:
    = 208 - 64 - 83.3
    = 61 (rounded up)

This leaves 90 - 76 = 14 more obstructions at the top than max output, and 68 - 61 = 7 more obstructions at the bottom than max output. So the tower can be built to a maximum height (its topmost generator) at 237, and/or can start higher, with its bottommost generator at 215.

Is this right? If not, I'd like to know where calculations have gone wrong. Have yet to actually put this into practice, so haven't yet had pieces of windmill start falling around me :D

• Filter + Timer does exactly that if i'm right bout that Mod (I have only Direwolfexperience about it)

Edit: I added a simple ICE-CASUC-Design

A sneakpipe simulates a certain direction. Eg, place one on the bottom and you could make it simulate it going to the top/left side.
    This is something RP does not have, but maybe will.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• I had an idea for autofarming: Can't we just use Assemblers to plant seeds and use bonemeal automatically, and use Block Breakers to harvest the crop in question, and tubes send the seeds back to the Assembler? And an autocrafting table can be used to get seeds from melons/pumpkins.

• I had an idea for autofarming: Can't we just use Assemblers to plant seeds and use bonemeal automatically, and use Block Breakers to harvest the crop in question, and tubes send the seeds back to the Assembler? And an autocrafting table can be used to get seeds from melons/pumpkins.

I had an idea for autofarming: Can't we just use Assemblers to plant seeds and use bonemeal automatically, and use Block Breakers to harvest the crop in question, and tubes send the seeds back to the Assembler? And an autocrafting table can be used to get seeds from melons/pumpkins.

Odedex has a video on an automated wheat farm with no bone meal required using the laser mod and redpower 2. It looks a bit complicated but it's really not. You could use thaumcraft seals (the one that makes em grow fast) rather than a laser, if you want. :)

• Odedex has a video on an automated wheat farm with no bone meal required using the laser mod and redpower 2. It looks a bit complicated but it's really not. You could use thaumcraft seals (the one that makes em grow fast) rather than a laser, if you want. :)

I think the point is more the challenge of doing it all with RP, and maybe BC (I don't want to hear about it Greg) thrown in for a little extra functionality. If you want a mobile base, logically you could just download the zeppelin mod, but where's the fun in that? I would much rather build a working frame ship from scratch than just place a block down and have it do all the work

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

Vertical setup of cobblegen on first pic is not working:( What is recommended design? I have tried several, but they all generate huge amount of smoke particles, so it is unplayable without smoke animations disabled.

Did you use Lavasourceblocks for every single Lava? And against the Smoke helps only switching the Particles OFF.

• Vertical setup of cobblegen on first pic is not working:(

It does work, but you have use the lava source block for every 'floor' (every level) of your lava chute (as Greg mentioned). Water can be only one source block at the very top of the design. That way, when each lava source block expands (and flows) to the side, it hits water and generates cobble.

Anyway, even in such design that many block breakers took a heavy toll on my poor PC. ;(

EDIT: Is that an ostrich on this screen you attached? ?(

Side note: I'm still in the process of replacing BC pipes with RP2 tubes (Greg surely knows why :thumbup: ). And a curious thing happened recently. I accidentally broke the connection of some teleport pipes and guess what? All of the junk got trapped between two teleport pipes (with teleport pipes, items aren't spilled on the floor, but turn around and travel backwards from whence they came), with new blocks constantly feeding this endless loop. Needless to say, until I remembered about it and figured out what was happening, there was an enormous clutter of items between the two teleport pipes, slowing my Minecraft to a crawl. And guess what I did. :whistling:
    That's right, I BROKE one of the pipes, causing all the items to fall on the floor. :thumbup: If this was real life situation, you can imagine Steve being buried under hundreds of pounds of rubble and clutter. :D Of course, since it's Minecraft, he survived but the game itself came to an immediate stop, as so much items fell on the floor. God bless Single Player Commands and 'removedrops all' command. Only that saved my sorry ass. :D

So yeah, as Eloraam put it:

Quote from Eloraam

Buildcraft, lawl!

• May be, it is possible to use one source block of lava in pillar to generate four cobble on all sides? Gotta try.
    Also, if you gonna use it for scrap, you can cut them to slabs with autocrafting table, doubling your junk output.

Yes, ostrich is from Mo'creatures, which is lame (except horses), but my smp server use them, and i test on same setup as server.

And as for teleport tubes - imagine what it does in smp. It is as bad as you'd expect. BC is evil.

• Seeing how you are using your pipes. Start using bufferchests and extract the items by the stack lol.

• Start using bufferchests and extract the items by the stack lol.

I do just that. But it all is for nothing if for some reason a part of the pipe route gets cut or disabled. Your signature explains it all (love it, by the way :D ). I'm in the process of replacing BC pipes with RP tubes and teleport pipes are gonna be replaced with EnderStorage chests (and tubes and filters/ejectors :evil: ). It should prevent the spilling. ^^

• Seeing how you are using your pipes. Start using bufferchests and extract the items by the stack lol.

By 'buffer chests', I'm assuming you mean Relays?

For those who don't know, a Relay acts as a valid chest-like inventory for things to get dumped into, and it automatically spits out stacks of items out the back end. No lagbombing timers necessary. It's basically a combination of a buffer chest, filter, and timer on 1s delay, without the lag of a 1s timer, all by itself. Hook it up to BC pipes for better transportation, hook it straight up to your Quarry even.

Quite a clever little machine, actually.

Now if only there was a machine like a Filter that didn't need a timer, but automatically sucked things out of an adjacent inventory (like an IC2 machine), I'd be in heaven.

• He is using BC at the moment. I am aware of relays, personally I use Immibis bufferchests or a filter hooked up to a buffer.
    With a regulator that can ensure that items are sent by the stack instead.

• He is using BC at the moment. I am aware of relays, personally I use Immibis bufferchests or a filter hooked up to a buffer.
    With a regulator that can ensure that items are sent by the stack instead.

Filters require a timer, Relays don't. Relays also take up less space, being the 'buffer chest' with a built in filter + regulator combo AND the timer to boot. What you are describing can be done, but it's quicker, cheaper, easier, and less hassles to just use a Relay and be done with it.

• Official Post

Filters require a timer, Relays don't. Relays also take up less space, being the 'buffer chest' with a built in filter + regulator combo AND the timer to boot. What you are describing can be done, but it's quicker, cheaper, easier, and less hassles to just use a Relay and be done with it.

You know that the Filter doesnt need a Timer with Immibis Buffer?