[Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) - Incredibly outdated, GT offers automation now.

• Replaced tubes with pipes (of advanced insertion variety) in recycler feeding system. Improved things a lot. Each stack is fed in moments, and remote recyclers are not staying dry, unlike with tubes.

I think, tubes are just not fit for mass-feed.

• Official Post

Replaced tubes with pipes (of advanced insertion variety) in recycler feeding system. Improved things a lot. Each stack is fed in moments, and remote recyclers are not staying dry, unlike with tubes.

I think, tubes are just not fit for mass-feed.

The downloadable GregTower2 has a massfeed-System for the Recyclers (and Macerators, and Furnaces, and Extractors, and Compressors), its easy to build:

:Tesla Coil: :Cable:
    :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: ... :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:
    :Recycler: :Recycler: :Recycler: :Recycler: ... :Recycler: :Recycler:

:Tesla Coil: = downwardsfacing Relay
    :Cable: = Restrictiontube
    :Glass Fibre: = normal Tube
    :Recycler: = Machine

• The downloadable GregTower2 has a massfeed-System for the Recyclers (and Macerators, and Furnaces, and Extractors, and Compressors), its easy to build:

Ok, 32 recyclers, each with 6 overclockers, how many tim will it take for one stack of fodder to reach last in line, and how many stacks do you see bouncing back and forth in tubes at the moment?

For tubes it's between 1 and 2 stacks and seconds.

• Official Post

Ok, 32 recyclers, each with 6 overclockers, how many tim will it take for one stack of fodder to reach last in line, and how many stacks do you see bouncing back and forth in tubes at the moment?

For tubes it's between 1 and 2 stacks and seconds.

You could also just build more than one of these contraptions and equally distribute the Cobble to the Recyclers, or you could also buil a Relay ontop of every single Recycler to let less Items bounce around.

• I'm sure someone has already come up with this, but I recently found a way to pull items from furnaces and such without using timers. This method is very similar to the one posted in this tutorial, but it decreases lag by allowing for maximum sized stacks, and they are pulled out as soon as they are ready. It may not function as well with advanced machines, but normal ones can always have upgrades.

Key:
    :Electric Furnace: = machine
    :Cable: = tube (non-redstone)
    :Glass Fibre: = standard EU power cable
    :Miner: = EU-Detector cable
    :Advanced Machine: = RP Filter
    :Extractor: = Relay
    :Industrial Credit: = Not gate

From the side:

:Extractor: :Advanced Machine: :Cable: <input to system through filter, just like the previous example
    :Cable:
    :Electric Furnace: :Advanced Machine: :Cable: <output from system, just like the previous example
    :Miner: :Industrial Credit: <new method for activating the extraction filter
    :Glass Fibre: <power supply

What happens is the not gate will, under normal conditions, be outputting TRUE to the extraction filter, rendering it inoperable. When the machine begins to process material, the EU-Detector cable outputs TRUE, inverted by the not gate, sending FALSE to the extraction filter. When the machine either runs out of material or fills up with processed material, it stops drawing EU, turning the EU-Detector cable to FALSE, inverted by the not gate, sends a rising edge to the extraction filter, pulling the largest stack size possible from the machine immediately. No timers, largest stack size, efficient and lag free.

One thing I noticed when building several of these in a row was that, while there is no way to separate the EU-Detector cables (they don't take paint), even though they all touch, only the one under the currently active machine will become active. Does anyone know if IC2 packets calculate the best path to destination? This would explain it as EU-Detector cables have fairly high resistance.

• Official Post

Oh i forgot about this Method. But i would replace the NOT-Gate with a Timer as the Filter could get stuffed once and then it will nevermore work until you remove the NOT-Gate. And that leads us again to the normal Timerbased output, which then leads to my Itemdetector+Retriever-Design, which then leads to my Autocraftingsystem.

• How do you guys get the ender pearls to even create the retrievers? I barely ever see any endermen, when I do they don't drop the pearls. I hate that part of RP2 or any mod that uses those bloody pearls.

• Official Post

Go into a Desert at night. There is no tall grass which could block your line of sight. Then stare at an Enderman, and kill it. the Athame (Silverknive of RP) is the best Weapon against them.

I still prefer using my Mighty nanosaber which actually does the same damage as athame, but its rechargeable.

• I just saw one of sethbling's latest videos, using this, could we could make anything lag even less than SpwnX's clockless cobble generator by having 8 block breakers hooked up to a timer?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I just saw one of sethbling's latest videos, using this, could we could make anything lag even less than SpwnX's clockless cobble generator by having 8 block breakers hooked up to a timer?

I know something even lagfreer than my cobble generator.
    Thermal expansion Igneous extruder, which autooutputs cobblestone generated inside into inventories (chest/machine/relay... etc).
    But this tutorial shouldnt have any other mod rather than IC and RP so... =D

Greg : Can you add this link to Unmanned watermill part?
    It has an example of compact towers
    Watermap